Another title changed hands tonight due to an undeserved title shot

Ranking are subjective

#6 (or whatever) did what the so called #1 contender couldn't

This is becoming a major trend lately. Dillashaw was the clear #1 contender, not Cody. Wonderboy was the clear #1 contender when Woodley got his shot. Bisping wasn't even a serious contender period. Conor didn't deserve his shot at the LW title, etc. Undeserved title shots are completely rewriting MMA history. I'm not salty about tonight's outcome, if anything I was rooting for Garbrandt, but I'm getting tired of seeing this personally.
Then Dilly and Cody now fight with much more PPV views. Throw them on the next Conor fight they both deserve it. But TJ needs to not chase Cody. Dom fought dumb maybe for the first time in his career.

1. if youve already fought the champ once, you gotta do way more to earn a rematch.

2. hes the #1 contender by ufc rankings, which are arbitrary as fuck. you could have just as easily called cody the #1 contender, undefeated, and clearly tonight has the skills of a champion.

it was not a undeserved title shot. you a hater.

Coody and Dilly are both P4P top ten for me right now.

Then Dilly and Cody now fight with much more PPV views. Throw them on the next Conor fight they both deserve it. But TJ needs to not chase Cody. Dom fought dumb maybe for the first time in his career.

I don't know that I would call what Cruz did fighting dumb. He didn't fight very differently than any other time, Cody just didn't get caught watching like so many other opponents. He also didn't stand in place and wait for Cruz, trying to land one fight ending shot either. For the first time in a long time, Cruz was forced into someone else's game.

Not necessarily true, it might just mean that it was just a very beatable champion. Like take MW. Romero is the #1 contender. But if 5th ranked Mousasi was to jump everyone above him and fight and beat Bisping, does that mean Mousasi was deserving of the opportunity?

yes. if you are ranked in the top ten in the WORLD you deserve the opportunity.

Dumbest thread all year. Garbrandt dismantled Cruz, who some people consider a top 5 GOAT. Best performance of 2016. More than deserving.

If a orange was a apple it might be called a banana.

The guy was undefeated, 5-0 in the UFC with 5 stoppages. Nothing was undeserved about the opportunity that was presented to him, that given the results, was obviously warranted.
Being able to beat the champion doesn't necessarilly mean he should be fighting for the title.

Jon Jones likely could have beaten Forrest Griffin in his debut UFC fight. Does that mean he should have fought for the title?

1. if youve already fought the champ once, you gotta do way more to earn a rematch.

2. hes the #1 contender by ufc rankings, which are arbitrary as fuck. you could have just as easily called cody the #1 contender, undefeated, and clearly tonight has the skills of a champion.

it was not a undeserved title shot. you a hater.

Dillashaw isn't a normal case, though. He was champion when he fought Cruz, and that fight was so razor close it isn't even funny. I do agree with it usually, just not necessarily in this case given the specifics.

I don't know that I would call what Cruz did fighting dumb. He didn't fight very differently than any other time, Cody just didn't get caught watching like so many other opponents. He also didn't stand in place and wait for Cruz, trying to land one fight ending shot either. For the first time in a long time, Cruz was forced into someone else's game.
Dom chased Cody. Dom get's chased...Still Cody is in my mind if he can fight like that again. He won't lose.

yes. if you are ranked in the top ten in the WORLD you deserve the opportunity.

Ok let's say you deserve the opportunity. Everyone deserves an opportunity. But are you MORE deserving than all the guys ranked ahead of you?

Not necessarily true, it might just mean that it was just a very beatable champion. Like take MW. Romero is the #1 contender. But if 5th ranked Mousasi was to jump everyone above him and fight and beat Bisping, does that mean Mousasi was deserving of the opportunity?
There is no such thing as a very beatable champion.

Being able to beat the champion doesn't necessarilly mean he should be fighting for the title.

Jon Jones likely could have beaten Forrest Griffin in his debut UFC fight. Does that mean he should have fought for the title?
What was Jons rank at that point. Was he top 10 ranked? I only ask because I can not remember for sure but I'm pretty confident he was not. I stand with the firm belief that if you are in the top ten in your weight class and the opportunity presents itself, you deserve it.

Not saying anyone has to agree, but that what I believe.

There is no such thing as a very beatable champion.

Relatively speaking. Bisping is a beatable champion compared to say, Mighty Mouse or Jon Jones before he was stripped.

Dom chased Cody. Dom get's chased...Still Cody is in my mind if he can fight like that again. He won't lose.

Dom has always mixed the two pretty seamlessly. And for a little while it was going well tonight. Cody missed a few shots early on, but when he found his groove he flat took over.

What was Jons rank at that point. Was he top 10 ranked? I only ask because I can not remember for sure but I'm pretty confident he was not. I stand with the firm belief that if you are in the top ten in your weight class and the opportunity presents itself, you deserve it.

Not saying anyone has to agree, but that what I believe. Perhaps my initial post could have been a bit clearer.

Conor, Cody, Stipe, and Cerrone Yes Cerrone are the most seemingly invincible guys right now. Besides MM but that should be well known as a fact. Nobody can stand with him at fly

Back