Another title changed hands tonight due to an undeserved title shot

Selukrid612

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This is becoming a major trend lately. Dillashaw was the clear #1 contender, not Cody. Wonderboy was the clear #1 contender when Woodley got his shot. Bisping wasn't even a serious contender period. Conor didn't deserve his shot at the LW title, etc. Undeserved title shots are completely rewriting MMA history. I'm not salty about tonight's outcome, if anything I was rooting for Garbrandt, but I'm getting tired of seeing this personally.

you right. they oughtta tear this motherfucka down and start from scratch.

That's why they fight 'em. If the champion got beat, the contender was obviously deserving of the opportunity.

"That's why they fight 'em. If the champion got beat, the contender was obviously deserving of the opportunity."
^^
This, if you beat the champ you deserved the shot...... It's that simple.

Fair enough if you have your arse handed to you but if the challenger dominates he deserved the shot.

That's why they fight 'em. If the champion got beat, the contender was obviously deserving of the opportunity.
Not true, MMA is all about the matchups. If Dillashaw fought Cruz and Cody fought Lineker, Lineker might have knocked Cody out. In a sport where matchups are key, it's especially disappointing to see so many belts changing hands in this fashion. It's just simply not fair, to the champs or the guys getting passed over.

10-0 with multiple highlight reel KO finishes and the guy didn't deserve it? He outclassed Cruz everywhere and Cruz had plenty of time to prepare for Cody. Maybe the right guy has the title?

Hey cmon now Canor deserved his LW title shot. He was 1-1 at 170 vs a LW gatekeeper who Canor fought despite said gatekeeper weighing like 300lbs

Whether it's Dillashaw or Garbrandt, the good thing is as long as little Marco loss, it's still a win win for all MMA fans.

10-0 with multiple highlight reel KO finishes and the guy didn't deserve it? He outclassed Cruz everywhere and Cruz had plenty of time to prepare for Cody. Maybe the right guy has the title?
He was #5 for a reason. Maybe he is the best in the division, but he wasn't deserving of this particular title shot.

He was #5 for a reason. Maybe he is the best in the division, but he wasn't deserving of this particular title shot.
Agreed but I think it is because Dillashaw lost to Cruz a couple fights ago.

Not true, MMA is all about the matchups. If Dillashaw fought Cruz and Cody fought Lineker, Lineker might have knocked Cody out. In a sport where matchups are key, it's especially disappointing to see so many belts changing hands in this fashion. It's just simply not fair, to the champs or the guys getting passed over.
If a orange was a apple it might be called a banana.

The guy was undefeated, 5-0 in the UFC with 5 stoppages. Nothing was undeserved about the opportunity that was presented to him, that given the results, was obviously warranted.

This is becoming a major trend lately. Dillashaw was the clear #1 contender, not Cody. Wonderboy was the clear #1 contender when Woodley got his shot. Bisping wasn't even a serious contender period. Conor didn't deserve his shot at the LW title, etc. Undeserved title shots are completely rewriting MMA history. I'm not salty about tonight's outcome, if anything I was rooting for Garbrandt, but I'm getting tired of seeing this personally.

TJ is one fight removed from fighting Cruz. There was only one other possible contender for the shot, and that was Caraway. I only rule out Lineker due to the weight issues, otherwise he'd have been on the short list. Can we stop pretending these "undeserved" title shots cut a bunch of contenders already?

Not necessarily true, it might just mean that it was just a very beatable champion. Like take MW. Romero is the #1 contender. But if 5th ranked Mousasi was to jump everyone above him and fight and beat Bisping, does that mean Mousasi was deserving of the opportunity?

If you are going to bring up Woodley, you have to mention how he should have fought for the title in January instead of Condit.

Don't be disingenuous.

Bottom line is the champ should be able to take on all comers

In a sport where matchups are key, being undefeated is a special thing.

If you are going to bring up Woodley, you have to mention how he should have fought for the title in January instead of Condit.

Don't be disingenuous.

A very good point. The outcome of that fight between Lawler and Condit seemed to overshadow the fact that Condit shouldn't have even been in there to begin with, seeing as his 1 fight win streak consisted of current Thiago Alves.

Title did not change hands due to an undeserved title shot. The title changed hands because the champ lost. You have reached optimum fucktard levels.

Back