another shooting at ft hood.

Okay, then. Feel free to continue arguing pointlessly. That law isn't getting changed. I'm trying to steer us towards actual solutions.

that seems like a good idea. do you have any in mind? I would think a permanent standby reaction force could cut down the response time

Okay, then. Feel free to continue arguing pointlessly. That law isn't getting changed. I'm trying to steer us towards actual solutions.

There are all kinds of ways for the military to be armed that don't even involve the executive or legislative branch. Just takes commanders not being political pussies

I have loads more training and experience than any cop. Maybe lapd swat or hrt, but amazingly they get some of their training on USMC bases and from Marines.(not from mps)

You have more training on close quarters combat than any cop? I'm sorry, but unless you were something special in the military, I don't believe that for a second.

I could see arming some SNCOs and officers who live on base (especially those on duty). In the barracks though? Forget it about it.

You have more training on close quarters combat than any cop? I'm sorry, but unless you were something special in the military, I don't believe that for a second.

Marine Corp is not well known for thinking.

Wow, you don't know dick then

You'd be surprised how much cqb training even regular infantry has been doing now for the past 10+ years.

I have loads more training and experience than any cop. Maybe lapd swat or hrt, but amazingly they get some of their training on USMC bases and from Marines.(not from mps)

Based on your username, I might be willing to buy this... But I don't know about loads. And unless you were recon, definitely not more than SWAT.

No, they started after the directive. This was just pointed out:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=93768435#post93768435
I wouldn't read too deeply into "timing" without a more comprehensive picture. Mass shootings are necessarily new, but it's a culture that has become increasingly prominent the past two decades.

I would prefer this discussion took a more constructive (and realistic, practical) turn towards discussing how to improve response time without suggesting a solution that clearly the military itself (and their security experts) do not deem acceptable, and just flat out isn't going to happen.

Ok change my incorrect "law" usage for "directive". If you dont think changing that is constructive, then the answer would be to have a armed watch in all buildings. I would say to lessen up on the drugs as well, but thats not going to happen.

Last edited:
Based on your username, I might be willing to buy this... But I don't know about loads. And unless you were recon, definitely not more than SWAT.

Very few depts have full time swat and even then, not that many have done a two way range trip

Ok change my incorrect "law" usage for "directive". If you dont think changing that is constructive, then the answer would be to have a armed watch in all buildings. I would say to lessen up on the drugs as well, but thats not going to happen.

having an armed watch in all buildings would make sense. not sure if it is feasible with the manning reductions though

I will agree with SMEAC on one regard. The Marines, especially after Fallujah ramped up training hard for close quarters and urban combat.

They made it a requirement for units to go to say 29 palms and participate in extensive exercises. I went TAD and got to grow a beard for 3 months being a fake jihadist before being pulled back to my unit for my second deployment to Iraq. I was selected by my unit based on my experience in my 2004 deployment to Iraq with the 31st meu (wink wink nudge nudge SMEAC).

I do however think that allowing all members of the military to carry around loaded weapons all the time to be idiotic. Especially after having being in continuous combat operations for 10+ years.

Like I said in the other thread moved to the dump, I believe that anyone on duty, on barracks duty and a percentage of a unit based on a selection process from the xo/co/first sgt should be allowed to carry.

There are a lot of mental health issues going on and that's why there are more of these issues taking place now then in the past.

I'd say Sgt's and above would be qualified to carry, at least every floor of a barracks should have 3-4 people armed at all times just incase.

If you mos starts with 03 doesn't mean your a stable individual. It just means you've been trained more extensively in combat and are therefore deadlier.

Lets not confuse the two issues of combat effectiveness and mental health.

29 Palms. Ugh. :(
Were you there as a role player when the last part of CAX was still at March AFB? I was there with 3/6 in 05.

Remember the SWAT guy with the backwards EOTech? :icon_chee

SWAT-copy-with-backwards-optic.jpg

Back