another shooting at ft hood.

No, your first question to anyone is "did you serve? Oh well you don't even know what you're talking about." It gets old. People are entitled to their opinion, and claiming they don't know anything because they didn't serve doesn't make them look like a dumbass. It makes you look like a dumbass, it's an easy way to get out of an argument, and to fish for compliments on your service. Whoopity doo.

I have no idea why you would question service in a thread about the military on a military base, shocking as fuck.

Second, I don't and wouldn't want a compliment from most of the fucks on sherdog. Contrary to what fantasy you think compliments have nothing to do with why most serve. Fucking hilarious that you pretend to know about me and would think I care about yours and others opinions.

Lastly, your little tirade is making you look like the inadequate dumbass. You have such a hard on you had to get on your high horse.

I have no idea why you would question service in a thread about the military on a military base, shocking as fuck.

Second, I don't and wouldn't want a compliment from most of the fucks on sherdog. Contrary to what fantasy you think compliments have nothing to do with why most serve. Fucking hilarious that you pretend to know about me and would think I care about yours and others opinions.

Lastly, your little tirade is making you look like the inadequate dumbass. You have such a hard on you had to get on your high horse.

It's not just this thread. You also cared enough to respond. I don't have a high horse, I just felt like reminding you that you're a person too. Even when 7437 mentioned that he had military service, you still blew it off because he was in the Navy.

It's not just this thread. You also cared enough to respond. I don't have a high horse, I just felt like reminding you that you're a person too. Even when 7437 mentioned that he had military service, you still blew it off because he was in the Navy.

Sorry you didn't know but we aren't touchy feely

Guys, let's focus less on what's dividing us, and more on where we agree there is a problem, and how we may address it. The military guys in here have made a very strong case for why it's logical that they don't carry on base; however, that doesn't address the inadequate response time.

How do we shorten the response time without arming everyone on base (and potentially further exacerbating the problem)?

Guys, let's focus less on what's dividing us, and more on where we agree there is a problem, and how we may address it. The military guys in here have made a very strong case for why it's logical that they don't carry on base; however, that doesn't address the inadequate response time.

How do we shorten the response time without arming everyone on base (and potentially further exacerbating the problem)?

More MPs imo

You weren't aware that anyone in the Marines or Army, especially the infantry belittles others?

Maybe you should get off your high horse and go back to the kiddy table

What the fuck are you on?

One fucking sailor with no relevant experience and a fucking intel geek have said no carry

You weren't aware that anyone in the Marines or Army, especially the infantry belittles others?

Maybe you should get off your high horse and go back to the kiddy table

I'm well aware of that. I didn't know the War Room was a base though. For all we know, you're full of shit and never even served. Cause its the internet. Everyone's a badass.

I love how these gun debates always trend towards a dick-waving contest; nice e-entertainment.

I don't think no one having guns would end the incidents of psychos causing death and mayhem. I don't think everyone having guns would end the incidents of psychos causing death and mayhem...just a thought. Continue waving gentlemen.

One fucking sailor with no relevant experience and a fucking intel geek have said no carry

Prime example. Do you feel that you could handle an active shooter on a base better than the MPs that are there?

I'm well aware of that. I didn't know the War Room was a base though. For all we know, you're full of shit and never even served. Cause its the internet. Everyone's a badass.

If you knew anything besides being pissy it would be easy to call me out, but you don't seem game

Okay, then. Feel free to continue arguing pointlessly. That law isn't getting changed. I'm trying to steer us towards actual solutions.

If you knew anything besides being pissy it would be easy to call me out, but you don't seem game

I don't really understand what this means.

Okay, then. Feel free to continue arguing pointlessly. That law isn't getting changed. I'm trying to steer us towards actual solutions.

Well the shootings started after the law so, would make sense to reverse and see if shit stops. Although the military has been softening up over the past few decades so who knows.

Well the shootings started after the law so, would make sense to reverse and see if shit stops. Although the military has been softening up over the past few decades so who knows.
No, they started after the directive. This was just pointed out:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=93768435#post93768435
I wouldn't read too deeply into "timing" without a more comprehensive picture. Mass shootings are necessarily new, but it's a culture that has become increasingly prominent the past two decades.

I would prefer this discussion took a more constructive (and realistic, practical) turn towards discussing how to improve response time without suggesting a solution that clearly the military itself (and their security experts) do not deem acceptable, and just flat out isn't going to happen.

lmfao

"The side I'm arguing for says we are victorious, so other side.. stop arguing and lets move on!"

Gun-Free zones should change their name to "Murder Zones".

The only place a "Gun Free Zone" makes sense is inside a prison or jail. And that's exclusively the prisoner housing units, cells/dorms, etc. Corrections Officers are strapped to the fucking gils' when on perimeter duty, on the towers, transporting, overseeing work details, etc.

Get rid of gun-free zones. (Churches, Libraries, Movie Theatres, etc) Allow the military to concealed carry or open carry on base, IF THEY WANT. Allow teachers to concealed carry. Add a resource officer to every American school. That's the solution I'll settle for.

Last edited:
Despite them having more training to deal with that particular scenario? How about a regular city cop?

I have loads more training and experience than any cop. Maybe lapd swat or hrt, but amazingly they get some of their training on USMC bases and from Marines.(not from mps)

Back