• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Another Harvard plagiarism scandal - this time it's the chief diversity commissar

Do you believe cases of plagiarism are common in the DEI educators sector ?

• Total voters
lol... You mean they'll have to cite when they're copying someone else's work and may have to do some actual research of their own instead of regurgitating existing premises?

Shocking

A PhD in these shit Liberal Arts Studies is complete garbage anyways

Like calling Jill Biden a Doctor... with a PHD in....

English

lol...

She is being accused of double dipping at worst here tbh. The “copied” papers have different premises using the same data which is her own..

You could run this program through and with these parameters a lot of people would be caught. All this does is opens Pandora’s box but that’s what people like you want anyways.

She is being accused of double dipping at worst here tbh. The “copied” papers have different premises using the same data which is her own..

You could run this program through and with these parameters a lot of people would be caught. All this does is opens Pandora’s box but that’s what people like you want anyways.

Reusing data sets isn't the issue, the issue is that when you do that you're meant to make it clear that it's a reanalysis of previously published work. Instead she presented the article as though it had been conducted for the first time for that particular paper. Obviously you should cite the original published article(s). There are also entire paragraphs that are copy pasted from the original, word for word, it's incredibly bold plagiarism to not cite the original.

I think the bottom line is that she was too stupid to publish something on her own so she had husband help publish this non-study to pad her resume to apply for this clown position, but apparently neither of them understand how research ethics work. People get fired over less.

Reusing data sets isn't the issue, the issue is that when you do that you're meant to make it clear that it's a reanalysis of previously published work. Instead she presented the article as though it had been conducted for the first time for that particular paper. Obviously you should cite the original published article(s). There are also entire paragraphs that are copy pasted from the original, word for word, it's incredibly bold plagiarism to not cite the original.

I think the bottom line is that she was too stupid to publish something on her own so she had husband help publish this non-study to pad her resume to apply for this clown position, but apparently neither of them understand how research ethics work. People get fired over less.

I agree with you but this has happened a lot more people think. Rewriting certain phrases verbatim without citations is more common than people think since there is only so many ways to skin a cat. Most people don't really care either depending on the faculty.

Anyways. The war on universities and Harvard specifically is happening right now. I wonder what will happen moving forward. Columbia has taken the approach of making a clear distinction between Administrators and Researchers by appointing a CEO..

This also came out so everyone is under the microscope.

They are only attacking certain people now but this will end up affecting everyone it seems with the culture war. It's too late to close now.

I think plagarism is very common because research is hard.

Anyone who is openly political should expect to recieve anonymous complaints of plagarism if they ever did anything close to plagarism because that is an easy way to remove them. Whether they lean left or right, expect to see a lot more plagarism complaints in the future.
Of course!
It’s very difficult not to plagiarize. Nearly every point a student makes comes from somewhere.
I think I plagiarized like a mofo back in high school.

Enter left winger who will show you studies that discrimination = good as proof that we need to start discriminating again.

But only against white people. Specifically white men. As long as they're straight.

Well, studies show the most diverse companies are the most successful. But that “diversity” includes Asians who are lovingly discriminated against by dei. Also, it’s the giant ass, most successful companies that can afford to take chances because….diversity

She should not have done that. That was the wrong thing to do.

Who gives a shit?! Everyone stole of someone. Doesn’t mean you’re bad at your job.

She still has to be fired if true obviously by people who plagiarised some shit themselves probably.
People are actually capable of having original ideas.

Why do places even have chief diversity officers? What is their function?
Two reasons: (1) So universities can claim to have minority representation at the highest levels of administration. (2) To pacify activist students.

dude claims not everyone in the nazi airforce was a nazi. he has the worst case of white guilt ever. I think he secretly wishes he was black
Theres no such thing as "nazi airforce". If you mean Luftwaffe, then that would be correct - not all of them were nazis.

i'm sure i don't understand what is she paid that sum for.

The white guy who replaced her is probably being paid that exact amount, why not wonder about why HE is being paid so much? Or the president of any organization worth tens of billions?

Theres no such thing as "nazi airforce". If you mean Luftwaffe, then that would be correct - not all of them were nazis.

My grandfather was in the Luftwaffe, pretty sure he wasn't a Nazi.

The white guy who replaced her is probably being paid that exact amount, why not wonder about why HE is being paid so much? Or the president of any organization worth tens of billions?
are they also plagiarizing charlatans?

are they also plagiarizing charlatans?

Are you digging thirty years into his history or does he get a pass because he's a white man?

And do you actually give a flying fuck about this degree of plagiarism or is it only relevant because she's a black woman? Absolutely nothing that was found reached the level of malicious or theft and it's a standard that is never punished.

Are you aware of the fact she was excellent in the positions that led her to this one or are you guys calling her DEI because you're racist assholes and are freely calling anyone black i9n a position of power DEI?

Are you digging thirty years into his history or does he get a pass because he's a white man?

And do you actually give a flying fuck about this degree of plagiarism or is it only relevant because she's a black woman? Absolutely nothing that was found reached the level of malicious or theft and it's a standard that is never punished.

Are you aware of the fact she was excellent in the positions that led her to this one or are you guys calling her DEI because you're racist assholes and are freely calling anyone black i9n a position of power DEI?
i lost interest at this yelly post about halfway and stopped reading because i know you're just a call-everybody-racist bot.

The position of "Chief Diversity Officer" is fucking retarded. Has nothing to do with the race of the person.

i lost interest at this yelly post about halfway and stopped reading because i know you're just a call-everybody-racist bot.

Guy saying racist things gets called out and claims everyone on the right is called racist. More at eleven.

My questions were rhetorical anyways. Obviously you have different standards based on skin color.

Guy saying racist things gets called out and claims everyone on the right is called racist. More at eleven.

My questions were rhetorical anyways. Obviously you have different standards based on skin color.
you're the most racist poster in this forum, by far. obviously you have different standards based on skin color.

The position of "Chief Diversity Officer" is fucking retarded. Has nothing to do with the race of the person.

If you say so. I don't know enough about DEI implementation to speak on the topic effectively and definitely don't know what that position contributes.

Back