• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Another Harvard plagiarism scandal - this time it's the chief diversity commissar

Do you believe cases of plagiarism are common in the DEI educators sector ?

• Total voters
I wonder how many people in academia are scared shitless now? A lot more defensive writing to come in the future. This seems to be more prevalent that initially thought but the algo made be stupid.

Edit : need to look into this more. Reusing your own data seems like a reach.

lol... You mean they'll have to cite when they're copying someone else's work and may have to do some actual research of their own instead of regurgitating existing premises?

Shocking

A PhD in these shit Liberal Arts Studies is complete garbage anyways

Like calling Jill Biden a Doctor... with a PHD in....

English

lol...

Where my wife works, they recently had someone in a very high position removed for plagiarism. He was qualified, but also a diversity hire imo. He brought on at least five other diversity hires that several had also caused issues. He was extremely arrogant and stated he didn’t have to cite his speeches even though almost entire sections of speeches were direct quotes from MLK, John Lewis, and others. Even after he was removed, by his contract, they had to pay him out and keep him on while another was hired in his place. We talking hundreds of thousands here.

People who preach tolerance the loudest. Are the same people in which.if you disagree with them the first thing they want to do is fight an lash put.

lol... You mean they'll have to cite when they're copying someone else's work and may have to do some actual research of their own instead of regurgitating existing premises?

Shocking

A PhD in these shit Liberal Arts Studies is complete garbage anyways

Like calling Jill Biden a Doctor... with a PHD in....

English

lol...

Whoopie gonna be the next diversity hire for Harvard

Where my wife works, they recently had someone in a very high position removed for plagiarism. He was qualified, but also a diversity hire imo. He brought on at least five other diversity hires that several had also caused issues. He was extremely arrogant and stated he didn’t have to cite his speeches even though almost entire sections of speeches were direct quotes from MLK, John Lewis, and others. Even after he was removed, by his contract, they had to pay him out and keep him on while another was hired in his place. We talking hundreds of thousands here.
yup, that's certified grift right there.
these charlatans keep society hostage.

Who gives a shit?! Everyone stole of someone. Doesn’t mean you’re bad at your job.

She still has to be fired if true obviously by people who plagiarised some shit themselves probably.
it 100% is something that gets you kicked out of school. you can use others words, but you need to put it in quotes and cite the author. she was too dumb to do that, so I'm assuming she's too dumb to do her job

Lovely...

What do you mean exactly? It is a larger state system but all of the schools don’t do the exact same things. They are all run by different people who have different ideas about how to do things but the state does get the final say in what decisions are approved or not.

A good example why implementing decisions across the board wouldn’t work is because SUNY schools are focused in certain areas. The school I work at is an Engineering/Technology/Criminal Justice school and the SUNY school the next town over is a Music/Liberal Arts/Teaching centered university. The right thing for one could be the wrong thing for the other.

Again, I get what you are saying but that would never happen. That is a fantasy. There would have to be MASSIVE changes in the political landscape of NY for that to be possible. I’m trying to stay within the bounds of the reality we are living in.

I’m just saying that a SUNY school is part of a much bigger system than Harvard. Despite the schools having different things they specialize or varying student bodies they’re likely held to the same operation guidelines across the board when it comes to things like diversity.

You said my tiny SUNY school might run differently than Harvard. What about the SUNY schools larger than Harvard like SUNY Buffalo or the system overall? Are you saying a diversity agenda or specific rules aren’t the same for all schools? They don’t all have an overarching rule set? I’m just curious……..

yup, that's certified grift right there.
these charlatans keep society hostage.

Put it this way. My wife has been interviewing for university president jobs. Every single one has asked “in what way have you contributed to dei?” She is not allowed to say, “well, iam female(without a dick) so my hiring would be increasing diversity with more women, but unfortunately, I am a white female….”

Put it this way. My wife has been interviewing for university president jobs. Every single one has asked “in what way have you contributed to dei?” She is not allowed to say, “well, iam female(without a dick) so my hiring would be increasing diversity with more women, but unfortunately, I am a white female….”
absolutely horrendous effects on society, this charlatanism dei stuff.

absolutely horrendous effects on society, this charlatanism dei stuff.

I am not against trying to seek diversity through recruitment or advertising, but I am not in favor of discrimination against someone simply because they are a straight white male. Solving discrimination does not begin with discrimination

I’m just saying that a SUNY school is part of a much bigger system than Harvard. Despite the schools having different things they specialize or varying student bodies they’re likely held to the same operation guidelines across the board when it comes to things like diversity.

You said my tiny SUNY school might run differently than Harvard. What about the SUNY schools larger than Harvard like SUNY Buffalo or the system overall? Are you saying a diversity agenda or specific rules aren’t the same for all schools? They don’t all have an overarching rule set? I’m just curious……..
You’re probably right that there is some sort of overarching guidelines that the schools have to adhere to but then schools have a bit of freedom to push it further if thats what the school administration wishes to do.

The president of the university I work at is a White Jewish guy. The VP is a white woman. DEI just doesn’t appear to be nearly as hot button a topic around here. If you jump one town over though…. The last president they had for any substantial amount of time was a black woman that did nothing but cry racism about everything and ran the school into such a huge amount of debt they might not make it out of. They are on the verge of collapse, actually.

I am not against trying to seek diversity through recruitment or advertising, but I am not in favor of discrimination against someone simply because they are a straight white male. Solving discrimination does not begin with discrimination

Enter left winger who will show you studies that discrimination = good as proof that we need to start discriminating again.

But only against white people. Specifically white men. As long as they're straight.

Back