Annoying people you meet at the mall.

people who go with their entire family and act like it's some sort of event/celebration.

It's the mall so I'm expecting vendors to harass me. The only ones that bug me are the cell phone douches that yell at every single person that walks by.

"hey bro need a phone??"
"bro what phone u got?"

grrr shut the fuck up already

It's the mall so I'm expecting vendors to harass me. The only ones that bug me are the cell phone douches that yell at every single person that walks by.

"hey bro need a phone??"
"bro what phone u got?"

grrr shut the fuck up already

it's kind of like if you live somewhere with a large homeless population:

don't make eye contact and pretend you didn't hear them.

when i first started going to school downtown (where most hobos hang out) i'd get suckered into giving them money all the time because i didn't want to lie and claim i didn't have any (usually my loose change, but hey, it adds up after a while). then i started pretending they weren't there, and they stopped bothering me.

two months ago i went to the mall (south coast plaza) i saw a bunch of young dudes with old (obviously rich) cougars . it weirded me out, there were a lot of them.

lol me and most of my friends at one time sold cell phones at the mall. I never stopped anyone though. I havent been to a mall in about a year though. Its chalk full of 12 year olds dressed as sluts. It's all to confusing for me.

Having an infant has brought a whole new level of annoyance to going out to the mall - or anywhere actually. I am stunned - STUNNED - at how many people have an opinion AND CHOOSE TO VOICE IT TO ME on how to raise my fucking kid.

"He's too young to be out!"
"That can't be safe, what will you do when he falls out?" (about his wrap carrier)
"He must be hungry/need changing/cold (3 separate people on 1 occasion)" (when he's yelling because he'd just spit up on himself, which he HATES)
"Breast is best you know" (while feeding him breast milk in a bottle)
"Can't you do that in the bathroom?" (while breast feeding in a manner where there is no boob exposed)

All of these have happened, and he's not even 3 months old yet!!

For future reference: if you're ever a 50-90 year old woman, are with a 50-90 year old woman or even in the vicinity of a 50-90 year old woman at the mall, if you see someone with a baby, tell her to KEEP HER FUCKING MOUTH SHUT. Because they are the worst fucking offenders, but honestly, everyone has an opinion.

Them and slow walkers. GTFO my way assholes.

People who walk really slow and insist on spreading out and blocking the whole walk way. If I am alone I usually just bust through like a gunner on a kick off.

as someone whose usual mode of transportation is their feet...i 100% agree.

Nobody's ever really bothered me at the mall. The one time somebody did (trying to sell me FREE internet?) I politely told them I was happy with my internet and although grateful for their concern I would appreciate not being bothered again.

I had to go past them a few times and eventually the same guy tried shouting me over, and pushing the sale again. So I sat on a bench, called up the mall center manager, claiming to be a manager of one of the bigger stores in the mall, scathingly telling them that these salesmen were harassing potential customers trying to enter my store and that they were currently affecting our sales figure in a noticeably negative way.

They were ordered to move their stall to the other side of the mall where there were considerably less people. I know, I know, It was a bit of a d*ck move on my part. But I really couldn't be bothered to deal with them anymore.

Last edited:
Had some high school dick head with a white tank top on get in my face because we were trying to get around each other in a packed mall but we kept trying to go the same way. Stuff like that is just silly but he raised his arms and and started to do the thug sway from side to side and talking shit. Fucken dumb ass kids these days get so worked up over nothing.

From my experiences the mall has some of the worst customer service one can imagine. Most of the employees are teens with no head boss to do what they are told, so they just act like a bunch of dicks to the customers. Actually had to call one of the stores in the mall to complain and got the kid fired. Another rude employee got fired like 2-3 days after she acted like a bitch to me, when I had to return my shoes and told the boss, he told me she was fired for being overly rude to customers.

Having an infant has brought a whole new level of annoyance to going out to the mall - or anywhere actually. I am stunned - STUNNED - at how many people have an opinion AND CHOOSE TO VOICE IT TO ME on how to raise my fucking kid.

"He's too young to be out!"
"That can't be safe, what will you do when he falls out?" (about his wrap carrier)
"He must be hungry/need changing/cold (3 separate people on 1 occasion)" (when he's yelling because he'd just spit up on himself, which he HATES)
"Breast is best you know" (while feeding him breast milk in a bottle)
"Can't you do that in the bathroom?" (while breast feeding in a manner where there is no boob exposed)

All of these have happened, and he's not even 3 months old yet!!

For future reference: if you're ever a 50-90 year old woman, are with a 50-90 year old woman or even in the vicinity of a 50-90 year old woman at the mall, if you see someone with a baby, tell her to KEEP HER FUCKING MOUTH SHUT. Because they are the worst fucking offenders, but honestly, everyone has an opinion.

Them and slow walkers. GTFO my way assholes.

Do they touch your child? Put their grubby hands all over your baby's face? I hated that. I got quite vicious about it by the time my daughter was 3 or 4 months old.

Those people that sell those cool Toys like the flying Helicopter and Remote Control Cars, when they say take a look I look and it looks awesome and I always end up buying something from there:icon_neut

Just smile and say no thanks and keep it moving.

I always get people coming up to me asking me donate money to charities etc.

Sometimes i'd like to shop in peace.

I always get people coming up to me asking me donate money to charities etc.

Sometimes i'd like to shop in peace.

I've noticed that a few stores are starting to ask for donations when you're purchasing stuff. It's becoming common practice. That's great and sometimes I throw a few dollars their way, but I really don't like the way they go about it. They know you're at the mall spending your money on stupid shit you don't need, so the guilt tripping is strong, almost at a condescending level.

Just smile and say no thanks and keep it moving.

This.

I just tell the kiosks guys the truth when they sell me something.

"No, I'm not interested but thanks for the offer."

I guess they do pressure you but I have no shame when it comes to my money so I tell them how it is.

I don't jerk them around though because I worked retail before and its stressful dealing with all sorts of people.

haha, this.

i usually see this with latin and asian families.

i never noticed asians, but definitely hispanics, and sometimes blacks. i guess at the malls i often frequent, that's as close as they can get to "a day out". (no racist)

Good time to practice misdirection. Slow down as they pull you into their orbit, then make a horrified face while looking just behind them. Scram as they look to see what's there.

Back