Ankalaev would embarrass Jon Jones

There is no such thing as a fluke submission lol, nor is there such a thing as a fluke KO. With KO's there are certain circumstances that make the KO lucky or unlikely to happen again. Or early stoppages, so with KOs/TKOs there is more of a gray area. But that doesn't exist with submissions. What defines who is the better is simply a finish and the more definitive the finish the more claim a fighter has to being better. A submission is the most definitive way to end a fight because Ankalev in this situation tapped and gave up.

Sure, if they fight again Ankalev can come in with a different game plan and stay of the ground or he can improve his sub defense. Perhaps train with some BJJ guys to defend triangle chokes, seems like Russians somehow manage to get caught in that sub ;) But up until that happens, the result is the way to judge the fighters.

Perhaps Ankalev is a better fighter in some weirdo fantasy world you live in where up is down, no means yes, the sky is polka dot green and pink and fighters are judged by "what ifs" and "could ofs". But back here in reality and the real world, he is not. Despite performing well, he tapped and gave up and lost the fight. And again, he lost in the most definitive way possible. If he would have showed it, he would have had his hand raised not tapped.
Exactly.
The fluke argument is weak as shit and weak minded people use that as a base for excuses.
Paul Craig didn't fluke his way into that move. He saw an opportunity and used it.

I remember fighting this dickhead of a bully in school who was itching to find a reason to fight me.
He eventually got his reason and we threw hands in the playground with a huge crowd watching us.
This guy had good hands too. He kept ducking my punches and catching me easily.
However, there are always two types of fighters; the nasty minded bully who dominates early on with ferocity, then theres the durable stoic type of fighter like me who wont give in to the bully.
Eventually the fight kept going and as he ducked my punch I sorta elbowed him in the orbital area as I swung my arm back.
It wasn't a fluke, but it was like a split second thing that I didn't exaclty plan. Nevertheless, it opened up his face and he ended up running off in a panic.
I won that fight and it was fucking sweet,
There was this other boy in my classroom who also didn't like me and he kept saying I only won the fight because of a fluke. I didn't bother arguing because, well, why argue with someone who has a specific motive to just disagree and discredit?
Fuck him, I won that fight and the little turd of a bully left me alone.
So, it's the same for Paul Craig. Don't discredit him. He probably might lose if they ever had a rematch but he got his win and his win money.
Also, it was an amazing win too.

Ankalaev will move onto greater things. He is guaranteed top 5.

If they fought tomorrow Magomed would play with him. After watching the Reyes fight it's clear Jones has regressed a little bit but also he struggles with southpaw s a bit. Reyes been training for what 4 years and he arguably won. Ankalaev has been training since he was a boy. He is a way more polished striker than Reyes, and has better grappling too.

This fight probably never happens because Ankalaev might never get a visa and still has to work his way up the rankings. But if they did it would be an ugly night for Jones. Much respect for Jones's run but he has some tough fights ahead. I wouldnt be surprised if Jan took him out at this point.
The only thing that will defeat Jones is Father Time. Love him or hate him, he’s the best MMA fighter to ever grace the octagon. His record speaks for itself.

I had to google this dude, but apparantly he lost to Paul Craig, there's all you need to know.
I wouldn’t necessarily go by that. Paul Craig has pulled off some sneaky wins at the last minute against fighters better than he is. I do believe Jones is on the decline so you never know. Santos has some losses against people that couldn’t dream of fighting Jon Jones and you saw how well he did with one leg.

I'm with you TS. People referencing the Craig fight are clearly casuals who never watched the fight lol. Definition of hail Mary submission.
2021 watch out for Ankalaev.

It's crazy that the ''X fighter would beat Jones'' threads have been posted for 10 years now. Everybody would beat Jones apparently.
Also, Jan won't get credit for beating him because they'll argue 'bout Jones' 'wear and tear' of sixteen defenses! Who cares. Jones contender time or Nganu fight altogether!
If Jon defends one more, they'll av to pull Adesanya or av him move up because he cleaned that shit and then some in terms of LHW. Maybe the man Rumble but that's a puncher's chance morelike?

Jones is safe at lhw, if he is smart enough with his career he will hang em after 2-3 more fights at that weightclass. It must happen before a move to hw. He is getting wrecked there.

Jones has the longest reach of the whole UFC roster.
The fight would be an embarassement but definitively not for Jones

If you gonna bring up a "Who Dat" fighter then show us Who dat in your start thread, I had to rely on a Whitebelt @HatKick to educate. @HatKick take TS belt that's 2X he f*k up on a thread start now belt demotion coming...

Lolol

only one embarrassing themselves is ts with this joke thread

Jon Jones musta eye pokes me hard cause I don’t think I ever saw the guy you are referring too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back