Ankalaev would embarrass Jon Jones

PurpleDrank

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
If they fought tomorrow Magomed would play with him. After watching the Reyes fight it's clear Jones has regressed a little bit but also he struggles with southpaw s a bit. Reyes been training for what 4 years and he arguably won. Ankalaev has been training since he was a boy. He is a way more polished striker than Reyes, and has better grappling too.

This fight probably never happens because Ankalaev might never get a visa and still has to work his way up the rankings. But if they did it would be an ugly night for Jones. Much respect for Jones's run but he has some tough fights ahead. I wouldnt be surprised if Jan took him out at this point.

I had to google this dude, but apparantly he lost to Paul Craig, there's all you need to know.

I honestly dont know who you are talking about, who did he beat and how to have made you believe he is better than Reyes and Jones?

Just because you train longer doesn't necessarily mean you're better than someone else.

Ankalaev might be really legit, but Reyes has already proven to be an elite striker, while Ankalaev has not (yet).

the kungfu guy? i dont think so buddy

I had to google this dude, but apparantly he lost to Paul Craig, there's all you need to know.

Hail Mary submission

Ankaleave was winning the first 14 minutes 30 seconds of the fight with ease

Too small and not athletic enough for Jones IMO.

It's crazy that the ''X fighter would beat Jones'' threads have been posted for 10 years now. Everybody would beat Jones apparently.

In fairness, that was pretty much one of the best submissions of the year in that he was seconds away from winning the fight (maybe one second?). In other words, it was a typical Paul Craig fight.

LOL I've heard it all now.

Dude was 10 seconds from winning the decision. He got triangled 4:59 into the last round.
Jones ain't pulling out hail mary submissions.
Context is important if you're gonna use dumbass MMA math.

Hail Mary submission

Ankaleave was winning the first 14 minutes 30 seconds of the fight with ease

Dude was 10 seconds from winning the decision. He got triangled 4:59 into the last round.
Jones ain't pulling out hail mary submissions.
Context is important if you're gonna use dumbass MMA math.

So he's the next Chael Sonnen then but that happened to Chael when fighting Anderson and not Paul Craig.

If they fought tomorrow Magomed would play with him. After watching the Reyes fight it's clear Jones has regressed a little bit but also he struggles with southpaw s a bit. Reyes been training for what 4 years and he arguably won. Ankalaev has been training since he was a boy. He is a way more polished striker than Reyes, and has better grappling too.

This fight probably never happens because Ankalaev might never get a visa and still has to work his way up the rankings. But if they did it would be an ugly night for Jones. Much respect for Jones's run but he has some tough fights ahead. I wouldnt be surprised if Jan took him out at this point.

tenor.gif

So he's the next Chael Sonnen then but that happened to Chael when fighting Anderson and not Paul Craig.
Chael got tapped with minutes left on the clock. Use a better analogy clown.

Jones was never really that good, they said.

Well.. he is on a 3 fight winning streak and working his way up.

He is fighting Cutelaba next and with a win there he should get a ranked opponent so I don't rule him fighting for the title in 2021.

Man was it hilarious when Ankalaev lost via submission with a second to go.

His coaches were NOT happy lmao

Btw, can someone remind me of Khabibs boy who also got subbed in a fight he was "supposed to" win? I think it was triangle too. Would like to watch that again but can't remember either guys name.

Just because you train longer doesn't necessarily mean you're better than someone else.

Ankalaev might be really legit, but Reyes has already proven to be an elite striker, while Ankalaev has not (yet).
You're right, and he has yet to face a good name but you are also wrong. Compared to Ankalaev, Reyes isnt elite. Anakalaev has better kicks, better counters and is even better moving backwards. He has a better lead hand too, but Dom is very good too dont get me wrong.

Back