Anime and Manga v36

c01c8da6ffd1b55eff0d7d27df8c4b62df7ea721_hq.jpg

Happy Father's day everybody!!!!!
Oh fuck you

@Takun BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Father's day everybody!!!!!

You are a sick individual Takun. Even moreso than the usual.

Edit: To wash out Takun's "contribution.

latest

3181717-batman-crying-bruce-wayne-flashpoint-5-five.jpg

Batman and his Family(yes I can name all of them and their secret identities).

bat_family__gotham_crusaders_by_qbatmanp-d54ochb.jpg

Last edited:
Anime:
Akira
Wings of honneamise
Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro
Lupin the Third: The Secret of Mamo
Grave of the Fireflies
Patlabor
Wicked City
Cyber City Oedo 808
Spriggan
Memories
Devil Man part 1 and 2
Jin-Roh

Magna:
Planetes
Battle Angel Alita
Parasyte
Rumic World Trilogy

Anime from the 80's and 90's were the best.

I was gonna post a list of Best Comic Book Dad's for Father's Day, but fuck it. I found this blog post and I see it as a moral obligation to ALWAYS post about this scene and it's accompanied image. It's also why I fucking despise Man of Steel and Batman v Superman and this whole direction they're going with Superman in the cinematic universe. And yes I know it's OT, but just let me have this. :(

POW~! Presents The 7 Greatest Moments In Comics #1: The Girl On The Ledge
https://braveblog.wordpress.com/201...st-moments-in-comics-1-the-girl-on-the-ledge/

pic013.jpg

So, after deciding to restart OP at the beginning of Water Seven something kind of hit me with the reveal of Sabo being alive and such.

Anyone else feel like Oda took at least SOME inspiration from the Civil War in the States. Lot's of examples of children fighting parents, brothers fighting each other, and in general friends ending up on opposite sides of what seems to have been a "Cold War" type situation up until Marineford.

So, after deciding to restart OP at the beginning of Water Seven something kind of hit me with the reveal of Sabo being alive and such.

Anyone else feel like Oda took at least SOME inspiration from the Civil War in the States. Lot's of examples of children fighting parents, brothers fighting each other, and in general friends ending up on opposite sides of what seems to have been a "Cold War" type situation up until Marineford.

Elaborate. Not saying you're wrong, but what examples?

Elaborate. Not saying you're wrong, but what examples?
Well, just using Luffy, Dragon, and Garp:

- Garp is on the side of the government and had wanted at least Luffy to join the Marines like he had and not follow the footsteps of his father. Dragon is in open rebellion with the the people Garp works for and Luffy ended up gallivanting off and being an outlaw and though it's never explicitly stated as most pirates just want to have a ton of gold and treasure, the pirates are in a way on the same side of this war as Dragon, Sabo, and the rest of the Revolutionaries. The World Gov't, as it is now, dissolving would be in their best interest.

If you look at the American Civil War there are TONS of stories of southern families especially where the father and one brother would be on one side of the fighting and the other brothers would be on the opposite side, unfortunately sometimes fighting relatives. Just a minor example:

Granted, the use of "brothers" in that clip means more people of the same ethnic background but at that point in time with how the Irish were pouring into the US it wouldn't be a hard argument to say there were at the very least cousins openly fighting each other in moments like that.

There is even instances of stuff like this between Marines and Pirates/general criminals in One Piece:
[

He (Oda) probably didn't explicitly look to something like the American Civil War for that and used it more for an engaging story but there are some similarities there.

Well, just using Luffy, Dragon, and Garp:

- Garp is on the side of the government and had wanted at least Luffy to join the Marines like he had and not follow the footsteps of his father. Dragon is in open rebellion with the the people Garp works for and Luffy ended up gallivanting off and being an outlaw and though it's never explicitly stated as most pirates just want to have a ton of gold and treasure, the pirates are in a way on the same side of this war as Dragon, Sabo, and the rest of the Revolutionaries. The World Gov't, as it is now, dissolving would be in their best interest.

If you look at the American Civil War there are TONS of stories of southern families especially where the father and one brother would be on one side of the fighting and the other brothers would be on the opposite side, unfortunately sometimes fighting relatives. Just a minor example:

Granted, the use of "brothers" in that clip means more people of the same ethnic background but at that point in time with how the Irish were pouring into the US it wouldn't be a hard argument to say there were at the very least cousins openly fighting each other in moments like that.

There is even instances of stuff like this between Marines and Pirates/general criminals in One Piece:
[

He (Oda) probably didn't explicitly look to something like the American Civil War for that and used it more for an engaging story but there are some similarities there.

Ah I you now. Also, on the note about Nami possibly eating Monet's Devil Fruit.

http://japanesefooddictionary.blogspot.com/2011/04/mikan.html

Mikan(type of Japanese orange) are VERY resilient in cold climates and are considered a Winter delicacy. At this point I'll be INCREDIBLY disappointed if Monet's fruit isn't on one of Nami's trees and either she or Carrot eats it(Snow Bunny joke/pun is too good).

Ah I you now. Also, on the note about Nami possibly eating Monet's Devil Fruit.

http://japanesefooddictionary.blogspot.com/2011/04/mikan.html

Mikan(type of Japanese orange) are VERY resilient in cold climates and are considered a Winter delicacy. At this point I'll be INCREDIBLY disappointed if Monet's fruit isn't on one of Nami's trees and either she or Carrot eats it(Snow Bunny joke/pun is too good).
I REALLY think it'll be Nami. For the most part people with DF's in Luffy's crew the DF suits their specialty/fighting style. Imagine Nami with snow on cue and that damn staff of hers.

I REALLY think it'll be Nami. For the most part people with DF's in Luffy's crew the DF suits their specialty/fighting style. Imagine Nami with snow on cue and that damn staff of hers.

True, but at the same time it means one less person who can swim when others fall in the water. The weather witch angle is still incredibly good though.

Thats quite an interesting theory and overall take

Edit : Saw your following posts , hell of a comparison.

True, but at the same time it means one less person who can swim when others fall in the water. The weather witch angle is still incredibly good though.

Well they will have a Super swimmer with Jinbe

They still have Usopp, Sanji, Zoro, Jinbe and Jinbe is probably the best choice for a guy to jump in the water. Let's be honest as well, Nami was never jumping in after Luffy's dumbass either.

Thats quite an interesting theory and overall take

Edit : Saw your following posts , hell of a comparison.
It's hard to shake when you start seeing all the relationships that connect people. Like the guy that is responsible for Trafalgar being how he is was a close friend of Sengoku's. So close in fact that post Dressrosa him and Law have a real quiet conversation just between the two of them with Sengoku basically admitting "if you weren't his friend, even though I'm retired, I'd be dragging you in right now."

Last edited:
They still have Usopp, Sanji, Zoro, Jinbe and Jinbe is probably the best choice for a guy to jump in the water. Let's be honest as well, Nami was never jumping in after Luffy's dumbass either.

It's hard to shake when you start seeing all the relationships that connect people. Like the guy that is responsible for Trafalgar being how he is was a close friend of Sengoku's. So close in fact that post Dressrosa him and Law have a real quiet conversation just between the two of them with Sengoku basically admitting "if you weren't his friend, even though I'm retired, I'd be dragging you in right now."

I keep forgetting about Jinbe since he's not officially with the crew just yet.

If he isn't the one that gets added another fishman would be I am sure.

Yeah but other than Hacchi I don't know any other Fishman that would have the type for history with the Strawhats that would justify them being invited by Luffy , plus Hacchi is nowhere near formidable as Jinbe would be to the strength of the crew.

Back