Anime and Manga v31

Bambino is awesome glad so many people here enjoy it.

Revolutionary Girl Utena

As a young girl Utena Tenjou met and fell for a prince like young man that left such an impression on her that she wanted to be just like a prince. A few years later, Utena now a junior-high student meets a girl named Anthy Himemiya who

Odds are I'll fuck this up.

Top Manga
  • Action/Adventure
    1. One Piece
    2. Riki-Oh
    3. Koukou Tekken-den Tough
    4. Blame
    5. Vagabond
      (I'm adding 5 more because 5 options simply isn't enough!)
    6. Trigun Maximum
    7. Priest
    8. Strain
    9. Gantz
    10. Lone Wolf And Cub
  • Drama/Mystery
    1. Nijigahara Holograph
    2. 20th Century Boys
    3. Monster
    4. Me And The Devil Blues
    5. Homunculus
      (See above, 5 more)
    6. Stop the Bitch Campaign
    7. Jiraishin
    8. Ode to Kirihito
    9. Ayako
    10. Parasyte
      (Shit, I could list 10 more that could be on this...)
  • Fantasy
    1. Berserk
    2. Heureka
    3. Ares
    4. Souls Flying in the Sky
    5. Mercenary Pierre
  • Horror/Survival
    1. Dragonhead
    2. I Am A Hero
    3. Berserk
    4. Island
    5. Ichi The Killer
  • Slice of Life/Romance/Comedy
    1. Yotsubato
    2. Yokohama Shopping Trip
    3. I''s
    4. Rookies
    5. Hiroki Endo Short Stories
  • Sci-Fi/Mecha
    1. Eden! It's an Endless World
    2. Akira
    3. Blame
    4. Hotel
    5. 2001 Nights
  • Sports
    1. REAL
    2. Rookies
    3. Koukou Tekken-den Tough
    4. All Rounder Meguru
    5. (Can't think of a 5th one)

Last edited:
Huh, so two people now have listed Dragon Head as their #1 horror/survival. I remember trying it last year some time and being bored out of my mind for two entire volumes before giving up. Should I be giving it a second chance?

I realized I don't read near as many Manga as the guys here, though the ones I like I never miss.

So is nobody else going to fill one of these forms out? People ask for new content in the OP and when I try and organize a new section based on an interesting suggestion nobody can be bothered to participate? :icon_neut

Anime and Manga Top 5 Poll!
Fill out yours today! Just quote this post and fill in a single series after the asterisk. Fill in as much or as little of the form as you want. First ranked series gets two points, others get a single point (so don't worry about getting the exact order just right, only #1 is weighted heavier).

im writing mine up right now. just a little detail, i realized you typed out series but have acouple of movies for your anime list. so both are fine

edit: basically did my favorites and acouple i really liked the last couple years. if the list excludes movies, ill edit the list
Top Anime
  • Action/Adventure
    1. Princess Mononoke
    2. FMA
    3. Laputa: Castle in the Sky
  • Drama/Mystery
    1. 5 cm per second
    2. Paranoia Agent
  • Fantasy
    1. Yu Yu Hakusho
    2. Berserk
  • Horror/Survival
  • Slice of Life/Romance/Comedy
    1. Whisper of the Heart
    2. Usagi Drop
    3. Ano Hana
    4. Kimi Ni Todoke
    5. Hyouka
  • Sci-Fi/Mecha
    1. Big O
    2. Cowboy Bebop
    3. Ghost in the shell
  • Sports
    1. Kuroko No Basket
    2. Ping Pong the Animation
    3. Free!

• i realized i dont read a fraction of the manga you guys do. and after looking at my anime i dont watch much either:(

Last edited:
Huh, so two people now have listed Dragon Head as their #1 horror/survival. I remember trying it last year some time and being bored out of my mind for two entire volumes before giving up. Should I be giving it a second chance?

I put it in horror but I wasnt convinced it was the most fitting category but yeah I think it's worth another shot especially since you like "I am a hero", nothing ground breaking but the atmosphere is great...

We should probably try leaving actually putting up the poll until next thread, with periodic reminders for people to fill it out. I'd imagine it'll take some people quite awhile.

For sure. How many volumes of Berserk are there? I read somewhere that there were four unpublished volumes?

For sure. How many volumes of Berserk are there? I read somewhere that there were four unpublished volumes?

35+. There are a few chapters during the earlier volumes that the author thought revealed too much and were later removed from the official volume releases.

I am going on a long term don't read any of the new chapters , for 5 years , by then probably 15 chapters will be released. Looking forward to it :p

35+. There are a few chapters during the earlier volumes that the author thought revealed too much and were later removed from the official volume releases.

Its not so much, considering the other stuff I've read. I'll start as soon as I've seen all three movies, right after I watch all of the episodes.

Its not so much, considering the other stuff I've read. I'll start as soon as I've seen all three movies, right after I watch all of the episodes.

That's probably because the mangaka is addicted to iDOLM@STER...

He goes on hiatus almost all the time a new game is released.

Word. I've seen their schedule and I too would take an extended vacation if I had the chance.

Not to mention , Miura's chapters are ridiculously detailed which shows he devotes a lot of time to them.

I think that idea has been pretty badly exaggerated. His comments about Idolmaster came out around 2009, but he's been taking longer breaks since about 2006. The only source I've found for the "Miura addicted to Idolmaster" story was on sankaku complex, which some of the more knowledgeable posters on skullknight.net responded to. Here's a link with their take: Miura lost to Idolmaster (includes the sankaku complex story, plus a history of Miura's random comments in YA).

Per his own comments, he works from 2pm to 7am on the manga, just about everyday. Given the amount of detail he often includes and the nearing climax of several plotlines, he's likely taking breaks to plan and get caught up (not to mention write/draw a 6 issue miniseries). I'd also wager money that he's a slower than average artist.

I think that idea has been pretty badly exaggerated. His comments about Idolmaster came out around 2009, but he's been taking longer breaks since about 2006. The only source I've found for the "Miura addicted to Idolmaster" story was on sankaku complex, which some of the more knowledgeable posters on skullknight.net responded to. Here's a link with their take: Miura lost to Idolmaster (includes the sankaku complex story, plus a history of Miura's random comments in YA).

Per his own comments, he works from 2pm to 7am on the manga, just about everyday. Given the amount of detail he often includes and the nearing climax of several plotlines, he's likely taking breaks to plan and get caught up (not to mention write/draw a 6 issue miniseries). I'd also wager money that he's a slower than average artist.

Most great artist are slower than others, due to their extensive detail. There's also been news that he's been anemic due to his insane schedule.

I guess I shouldn't have added more fuel to the iDOLM@STER fire...

I guess I shouldn't have added more fuel to the iDOLM@STER fire...

Apologies if it sounded like I was coming at you over that--not my intent in the least.

I'm fully prepared to read the conclusion of berserk in my 50s. Just hope its worth the wait.

Back