Anime and Manga v26

Anime just doesn't do it as much for me these days. I'd much rather read manga and listen to some good music. Still, is love stuff like Breaker and Tower of God to have animated series. That'd be so epic.

That arc is definitely entertaining. I love the "Time Skip" arc also. Too bad Gintama's episodic nature keeps it from actually going anywhere.

The character transformations in the time skip arc were pretty funny.

The episodic format allows for so much freedom though. I don't think all these off the wall ideas would work in a serial story telling. I guess they could've done a typical story arc using a recurring villain.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that used to watch this:

extreme dinosaurs > dino riders.

[YT]XiujBfxTPWQ[/YT]

manliness that would put berserk to shame.

Last edited:
g024.jpg
Badass. Been waiting for this.

The character transformations in the time skip arc were pretty funny.

The episodic format allows for so much freedom though. I don't think all these off the wall ideas would work in a serial story telling. I guess they could've done a typical story arc using a recurring villain.

It helps allow the mangaka - Sorachi - the ability to parody a multitude of things (which is where a lot of his humor comes from) and take pot-shots at as many pop culture references as possible. The one thing that is really kind of frustrating is that there is an underlying story between Gintama and many of the other characters that is teased from time to time. That's what I'm referring to.

I might watch this. Maybe. Gonna have to find subs because the dub sounds awful as always. Even then it's from 2006. Not very recent.

I watched this about a year ago on Netflix. Entertaining series but too short to really explain and build the story. In 11 episodes it seems rushed and unexplained. The dub isn't really all that bad once you get a few episodes in.

I don't watch "moeshit" or shounen series like Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece but I respect them because they keep the industry alive. You can't hate one and like the other. Both are so popular that it keeps studios from taking a risk and creating new content.

I actually like post 2000 movies overall more then older movies. Series are probably on par.

Need to stop reading Shokugeki no Soma on an empty stomach, jesus.

The reference is lost..it's probably something really obvious but I can never remember anything

Be glad that you don't get the reference.

And no, Google is not your friend on this one.

The reference is lost..it's probably something really obvious but I can never remember anything

The only person in this thread who should google her is probably you.

Also, Miyazaki's "The Wind Rises" will be released in theatres around the world soon.

The only person in this thread who should google her is probably you.

Also, Miyazaki's "The Wind Rises" will be released in theatres around the world soon.

Nice. I'm expecting a great dubbing cast as usual. Sad to see the legend retire, meanwhile more shitty directors continue to produce, well, shit.

Back