Anime and Manga v26

Oh man, the Gintama dating sim arc is absolutely amazing.

2OzuRaK.gif

Damn man, those were THE FUCKING DAYS.

The art, the animation, the story, the dialogue, the fights, the music, the women (you know, actual women not bug eyed alien pedo catering girls) everything about it. You could be an anime fan, and not be ashamed about it.

It's all this bullshit now

Da fuck happened..........................................

tumblr_moq8dvUioB1rzq6nlo2_500.gif

76530.gif

chuunibyou3.gif

haruhi was the worst piece of trash to happen to the industry. Fuck it's piece of shit creator and fuck Kyoto animation studios. If those fucks went bankrupt or died, I'd make sure to throw the biggest celebration party I could possibly throw.

You've complained a lot about he current state of the industry, but in my opinion, some of the best anime of all time has come out since Haruhi. And by the way, the Haruhi movie is probably the greatest anime movie of all time. This scene in particular was top notch stuff in terms of voice acting, cinematography, animation and writing.

The animation and character design looks like dogshit.

Except for Hellsing, I agree. Especially on yuno gasai. One of th most over forced and try hard "psycho" girl characters ever. They just jammed her "I'm cute but also a psychotic killer" character down everyone's throats. Her incredibly annoying squeaky voice made it hard to take her character seriously. The anime industry has really sold out to a bunch of nerds who can't get girlfriends. It's depressing. There is no more passion in the industry.

Except for Hellsing, I agree. Especially on yuno gasai. One of th most over forced and try hard "psycho" girl characters ever. They just jammed her "I'm cute but also a psychotic killer" character down everyone's throats. Her incredibly annoying squeaky voice made it hard to take her character seriously. The anime industry has really sold out to a bunch of nerds who can't get girlfriends. It's depressing. There is no more passion in the industry.

You should give some of the newer stuff a chance. There are a good number of series' you'd probably enjoy a lot.

Except for Hellsing, I agree.

Yeah, Hellsing just sucks because it's Hellsing.

Ah, that felt good. I haven't had the opportunity to make one of my "Hellsing is vastly overrated and really not all that good" posts in a long time. Thank you :cool:

Shigurui was the last thing I can remember watching that pleased me. Oh well, at least I still have the new Hajime No Ippo series to look forward to when that finishes up.

Have you read the manga? It continues the story and just gets more brutal. Still a sudden ending but much more fulfilling than the series was.

JBSchroeds said:

Ah, that felt good. I haven't had the opportunity to make one of my "Hellsing is vastly overrated and really not all that good" posts in a long time. Thank you

As someone who really enjoyed Hellsing/HU i'm curious as to why you don't like it. It's not the best series but has awesome action scenes, animation, voice acting, and although the story could have been thought out better it was very entertaining to me.

Ah, that felt good. I haven't had the opportunity to make one of my "Hellsing is vastly overrated and really not all that good" posts in a long time. Thank you :cool:

It's not the best thing since sliced bread or anything...but you didn't like Hellsing at all?

You've complained a lot about he current state of the industry, but in my opinion, some of the best anime of all time has come out since Haruhi. And by the way, the Haruhi movie is probably the greatest anime movie of all time. This scene in particular was top notch stuff in terms of voice acting, cinematography, animation and writing.

First time watching that whole scene subbed. I think I've watched that scene 3-5 times now, yeah it's pretty amazing. Then there's the rooftop scene.

AI forming emotions, alternated reality, and time travel all in one movie and it worked...well it mostly worked, the time travel stuff dragged the pacing a bit.

As someone who really enjoyed Hellsing/HU i'm curious as to why you don't like it. It's not the best series but has awesome action scenes, animation, voice acting, and although the story could have been thought out better it was very entertaining to me.

It's not the best thing since sliced bread or anything...but you didn't like Hellsing at all?

Basically, the series is the Japanese equivalent of something from Rob Liefeld. The series tries so very hard to be edgy and stylish but to me it just comes of as shallow and juvenile. And there are so many amateur mistakes in the artwork, especially with perspective. Add to that a protagonist who is so absurdly powerful that he cannot be harmed or legitimately threatened and a set of supporting characters with so little personality that I cannot even remember a single one of their name's and you have a recipe for zero dramatic tension. Main dude can't die and I could care fuck-all if any of the mortal people bit it along the way, so what's the point?

Oh, and nazis. If you are doing a modern story with nazi remnants as your primary antagonist then you have utterly failed as an author. This is especially true if they are of the supernatural variety.

In short: single most overrated series I have ever read. Ever.

Whew, that was quite the rant. Thats is why I normally keep my mouth shut whenever the series gets mentioned.

Alright guys, question: Which filler arcs were the best in each of the following?:

1. Dragon Ball-DBZGT
2. Naruto-Shippudden
3. Bleach

The Garlic Jr filler arc in DBZ is my favorite
Never watched Naruto filler
Only seen a few episodes of Bleach filler and that was plenty for me, it was from where the swords gained bodies or w/e

Oh man, the Gintama dating sim arc is absolutely amazing.

2OzuRaK.gif

That arc is definitely entertaining. I love the "Time Skip" arc also. Too bad Gintama's episodic nature keeps it from actually going anywhere.

Project 2501 said:
Damn man, those were THE FUCKING DAYS.

It's all this bullshit now

Actually, I'll be honest. As someone who's been aware of anime from the early 80's onward, a lot of the stuff from "THE FUCKING DAYS" wasn't all that good. In many ways it's exactly the way it is now, just a different paint job. No more no less.

If you really, really, really can't find anything to keep you entertained with the copious deluge of anime out there currently (and with the added accessibility of the internet in front of you that is a lot more than just cable TV with international channels), then maybe it's time to evaluate whether or not you're keeping yourself from enjoying the medium on a level that others currently do.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that used to watch this:

If you really, really, really can't find anything to keep you entertained with the copious deluge of anime out there currently (and with the added accessibility of the internet in front of you that is a lot more than just cable TV with international channels), then maybe it's time to evaluate whether or not you're keeping yourself from enjoying the medium on a level that others currently do.
I perused BakaBT awhile back looking for something new to watch. It was all shit. Everything.

I perused BakaBT awhile back looking for something new to watch. It was all shit. Everything.

Well I'll give some posters the benefit of the doubt. Not all anime post 2010 is bad. Durarara, Fate/Zero, & the Monogatari series are great. IAnd there have been some good movies as well. The Evangelion rebuilds & Berserk movies were pretty good. But now finding good anime today is like trying to find a tiny diamond in a huge pile of dinosaur shit.

"Have you find any new good anime yet?"

"Nope just the same moe shit."

maxresdefault.jpg

I might watch this. Maybe. Gonna have to find subs because the dub sounds awful as always. Even then it's from 2006. Not very recent.

Back