News Angela Magana underwent neurosurgery and is currently unresponsive due to complications *UPDATE OP

Sorry to hear this .... and I think she was starting to realise mma etiquette.
All this bad news lately-
very sucky.

?!?

Seems like some serious fucking pain to crack the dome open.

Didnt even think a surgeon would risk that. Jesus.
Neurosurgery doesn't always mean brain, it includes your spinal column which is what this sounds like.

Sad to hear.

Hoping for a healthy recovery.

She posted a video just before she went into Pre-Op

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1rmGPeZgYQnJN

Said that they had seen a white spot on her spinal cord.

Also says she is really scared, that a friend died in anesthesia, so shes documenting things in case something happens.. :(

Last edited:
"Can't wake her up"

Well that's scary as fuck.

her and her family have my best wishes...

Not a fan but God bless her & her family. Hopefully she recovers fully

Not a fan but I wish her the best. Hope she pulls through.

That's awful. I add my voice to all those wishing her well.

Hope for her speedy recovery!

This is terrible.

I'm not a fan of her personality but this girl has had a fucking rough life so I can actually understand her attitude...

She was homeless as a child and slept on the streets, feeding herself out of trash cans. Her mother was a heroin addict and died when she was a kid and her father was deported to Mexico. She fell down the stairs once and broke her back. She's had car accidents that put her in a coma and she was raped as a teenager...and now this.

I sincerely hope she pulls through and makes a full recovery.

I'll root for Magana in this fight, for her and her family.

wow. that is terrible. i hope she recovers quickly.

I turned down cortisone because of that. Sounded way too risky for temporary relief

Thanks for the info.

I did something similar.

I had to have two surgeries, back to back same day, and they wanted to give me a nerve block, on top of knocking me out. I said yes at first, then they wanted me to sign a special release form for it, and after talking to the anesthesiologist and looking over the form, decided against it. Anesthesiologist was a little upset, probably because I took some money out of his pocket, but I didn't see any reason to do it and take the increased risk. When they want you to sign an extra specific release, just for that, you know shit happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back