News Angela Magana underwent neurosurgery and is currently unresponsive due to complications *UPDATE OP

Sorry to hear this .... and I think she was starting to realise mma etiquette.
All this bad news lately-
very sucky.

?!?

Seems like some serious fucking pain to crack the dome open.

Didnt even think a surgeon would risk that. Jesus.
Neurosurgery doesn't always mean brain, it includes your spinal column which is what this sounds like.

Sad to hear.

Hoping for a healthy recovery.

She posted a video just before she went into Pre-Op

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1rmGPeZgYQnJN

Said that they had seen a white spot on her spinal cord.

Also says she is really scared, that a friend died in anesthesia, so shes documenting things in case something happens.. :(

Last edited:
"Can't wake her up"

Well that's scary as fuck.

her and her family have my best wishes...

Not a fan but God bless her & her family. Hopefully she recovers fully

Not a fan but I wish her the best. Hope she pulls through.

That's awful. I add my voice to all those wishing her well.

Hope for her speedy recovery!

This is terrible.

I'm not a fan of her personality but this girl has had a fucking rough life so I can actually understand her attitude...

She was homeless as a child and slept on the streets, feeding herself out of trash cans. Her mother was a heroin addict and died when she was a kid and her father was deported to Mexico. She fell down the stairs once and broke her back. She's had car accidents that put her in a coma and she was raped as a teenager...and now this.

I sincerely hope she pulls through and makes a full recovery.

I'll root for Magana in this fight, for her and her family.

wow. that is terrible. i hope she recovers quickly.

I turned down cortisone because of that. Sounded way too risky for temporary relief

Thanks for the info.

I did something similar.

I had to have two surgeries, back to back same day, and they wanted to give me a nerve block, on top of knocking me out. I said yes at first, then they wanted me to sign a special release form for it, and after talking to the anesthesiologist and looking over the form, decided against it. Anesthesiologist was a little upset, probably because I took some money out of his pocket, but I didn't see any reason to do it and take the increased risk. When they want you to sign an extra specific release, just for that, you know shit happens.

Back