Andrew Yang: Dems don't do shit for the working class

I have always liked Yang. I rooted for him since the beginning. Non partisan, smart guy who means well.

I like him too. I don't agree with some of his stances, but at least the guy can give you reasons, lots of it based on data, why he believes he is right other than just saying "systemic racism!!!!!"

Niether party benefits the middle class. One tries to abolish it, the other taxes the fuck out everything they own essentially making them lower class. What good does either party do for the middle class?

I don't how the lower to middle class thinks Trump benefitted them. Has tax cuts help the wealthy:

"These were not the results Republican backers of the tax overhaul promised. Speaking at a rally in 2018 in Indiana shortly after the release of a preliminary tax reform framework in September, President Trump repeatedly stressed that the "largest tax cut in our country's history" will "protect low-income and middle-income households, not the wealthy and well-connected."37

He added the plan is "not good for me, believe me." (That last claim is hard to verify because Trump is the first president or general election candidate since the 1970s not to release his tax returns. The reason he has given for this refusal is an IRS audit—the IRS responded that "nothing prevents individuals from sharing their own tax information.")

In its finalized form, however, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act cuts the corporate tax rate, benefiting shareholders, who tend to be higher earners. It only cuts individuals' taxes for a limited period of time. It scales back the alternative minimum tax and estate tax, as well as reducing the taxes levied on pass-through income (70% of which goes to the highest-earning 1%). It does not close the carried interest loophole, which benefits professional investors. It scraps the individual mandate, likely driving up premiums and making health insurance unaffordable for millions.

These provisions taken together are likely to benefit high earners disproportionately and—particularly as a result of scrapping the individual mandate—hurt some working- and middle-class taxpayers."

https://www.investopedia.com/taxes/trumps-tax-reform-plan-explained/

As a small business owners the last 4 years benefited me greatly. I own a small butcher shop. And the amount of unecessary regulations Trump got that Obama put in I could write a paragraph.

I’ll just name one silly one. I had to choose between selling poultry to restaraunt or I could have a license to smoke turkeys for the holidays.

you can not do both. The turkeys were thousands of dollars alone in just a two months period. So you have customers who have been doing this for over a decade and suddenly we couldn’t.

keep in mind I’m a federal establishment so I have an inspector before I open make sure everything is clean and he hangs out for a couple hours then comes back in the afternoon and hangs out for a couple hours

grocery stores have them twice a year. Support you local meat shops!

Hard to argue with that. Thinking Trump is a douche is one thing, but you need to analyze why he had such a big appeal to the working class in the middle states

hello DIckweeds,

what is there to analyze?

rightwingers can get overlook almost anything policy related about an individual (Yang supports a woman's right to choose, a 5 trillion dollar energy plan that resembles the Green New Deal, strong on LGBTQ rights, etc) as long as they say "Democrats suck".

- IGIT

hello DIckweeds,

what is there to analyze?

rightwingers can get overlook almost anything policy related about an individual (Yang supports a woman's right to choose, a 5 trillion dollar energy plan that resembles the Green New Deal, strong on LGBTQ rights, etc) as long as they say "Democrats suck".

- IGIT

I always hear this but what rights don’t lgbtq have?

I always hear this but what rights don’t lgbtq have?

hello my friend,

you'd have to ask Andrew Yang, who is being fetishsized in this thread because he said that Democrats are awful.

- IGIT

Niether party benefits the middle class. One tries to abolish it, the other taxes the fuck out everything they own essentially making them lower class. What good does either party do for the middle class?

Really I think thats the grand illusion of the age, both sides have convinced the middle class who vote for them that they are responsible for their position when in reality both are focused on whats best for the 1%, not really surprising when you consider the 1% dominate political donations and control most of the media.

Someone like Sanders would be good not just for those in poverty he'd be good for everyone outside of the ultra rich who might actually have to pay taxes for once whilst big pharma and the like would be facing someone not in their pockets who depended on grass roots donations.

If theres one thing the establishment fears more than any others its when the general public starts to back a politician financially, it means wealthy interests lose alot of their power over them via donations. Look whats happened with Labour in the UK, since Starmer managed to fraud his way into leadership he's done eevrything he can to try and push members away because he doesnt want them, he wants to return to Labour depending on donations from the wealthy again as under Blair.

Last edited:
As a small business owners the last 4 years benefited me greatly. I own a small butcher shop. And the amount of unecessary regulations Trump got that Obama put in I could write a paragraph.

I’ll just name one silly one. I had to choose between selling poultry to restaraunt or I could have a license to smoke turkeys for the holidays.

you can not do both. The turkeys were thousands of dollars alone in just a two months period. So you have customers who have been doing this for over a decade and suddenly we couldn’t.

keep in mind I’m a federal establishment so I have an inspector before I open make sure everything is clean and he hangs out for a couple hours then comes back in the afternoon and hangs out for a couple hours

grocery stores have them twice a year. Support you local meat shops!

what was the stated reason for not allowing both? Was it intentional or a stupid side effect of confliction regulations?

Yang said in the video that Biden "is naturally a very unifying figure".

This type of binary thinking has probably seriously limited you in life. Same goes for so many other people who only think that everything is 1s and 0s.

Really I think thats the grand illusion of the age, both sides have convinced the middle class who vote for them that they are responsible for their position when in reality both are focused on whats best for the 1%, not really surprising when you consider the 1% dominate political donations and control most of the media.

Someone like Sanders would be good not just for those in poverty he'd be good for everyone outside of the ultra rich who might actually have to pay taxes for once whilst big pharma and the like would be facing someone not in their pockets who depended on grass roots donations.

If theres one thing the establishment fears more than any others its when the general public starts to back a politician financially, it means wealthy interests lose alot of their power over them via donations. Look whats happened with Labour in the UK, since Starmer managed to fraud his way into leadership he's done eevrything he can to try and push members away because he doesnt want them, he wants to return to Labour depending on donations for the wealthy again as under Blair.
i completely disagree. as the taxes i pay federally are so miniscual compared to , every other year increases on gas, sugar tax, building permit tax, and the big one property taxes, marijuana tax. all put forth by local/state government. not federal. democrats have taxed the living fuck out of all middle class workers so much they are borderline lower class. that is governors and mayors. not presidents. i myself have had 16 property tax increases in 11 years. democrats imposed the tax all 16 times. federal gas tax is nothing compared to state tax. 18.4 cents per gallon of gas federal tax........my state tax is 56 cents per gallon (with another tax added into sales tax equates to 2% extra overall sales tax from 7.5% to approx 9.6%). 39% tax on LEGAL marijuana with THC content under 35%. 52% tax on anything over 35% THC. then put a ban on all private growing......... sure wasnt republicans dishing out that tax, my one dollar fountain soda with a soda/sugar tax is 1.43. you think these taxes affect the rich even a little bit? not one republican tax has hurt my pocket to were my wallet is empty. they just try to abolish unions which would cripple the middle class.

i completely disagree. as the taxes i pay federally are so miniscual compared to , every other year increases on gas, sugar tax, building permit tax, and the big one property taxes, marijuana tax. all put forth by local/state government. not federal. democrats have taxed the living fuck out of all middle class workers so much they are borderline lower class. that is governors and mayors. not presidents. i myself have had 16 property tax increases in 11 years. democrats imposed the tax all 16 times. federal gas tax is nothing compared to state tax. 18.4 cents per gallon of gas federal tax........my state tax is 56 cents per gallon (with another tax added into sales tax equates to 2% extra overall sales tax from 7.5% to approx 9.6%). 39% tax on LEGAL marijuana with THC content under 35%. 52% tax on anything over 35% THC. then put a ban on all private growing......... sure wasnt republicans dishing out that tax, my one dollar fountain soda with a soda/sugar tax is 1.43. you think these taxes affect the rich even a little bit? not one republican tax has hurt my pocket to were my wallet is empty. they just try to abolish unions which would cripple the middle class.

That's really whats happened from both sides of the establishment since the 80's I would say, as income tax has been lowered(much moreso for the wealthy) a lot of the shortfall has been taken up by non progressive sales tax which obviously hurts those less well off more.

This type of binary thinking has probably seriously limited you in life. Same goes for so many other people who only think that everything is 1s and 0s.
Well, this was certainly a new way of saying that I'm a bot because I don't confirm to the choice between a warmongering corporatist or the warmongering corporatist.

Yang is a fraud. He fell in line when he was told to. The opposite of what he said here.

Last edited:
Seems to me like Yang was implying the messaging isn't getting through, not that Democrat policies in of themselves are inadequate. That's the go-to play for Dems typically i.e. blaming the voter for understanding incorrectly instead of taking accountability for the fact the Dems are a status quo party. It's hard to take anything he says seriously after he went full shill for the Dems following his primary withdrawal.

Seems to me like Yang was implying the messaging isn't getting through, not that Democrat policies in of themselves are inadequate. That's the go-to play for Dems typically i.e. blaming the voter for understanding incorrectly instead of taking accountability for the fact the Dems are a status quo party. It's hard to take anything he says seriously after he went full shill for the Dems following his primary withdrawal.

He definitely sold out, but who doesn't in politics. Even the leftist savior Bernie sells out.

Hard to argue with that. Thinking Trump is a douche is one thing, but you need to analyze why he had such a big appeal to the working class in the middle states. Dems tend to be elitist and are out of touch with what's going on in Farmland, USA. I'm no Trump Supporter btw. The two party system and electoral college needs some revising.

The electoral college exists because of slavery. It needs to go.

The two party system would get more interesting with rank choice voting. Some third parties might hit over 5%.

In any event, Yang is correct. The party largely doesn't stand for anything which is a big part of why they can barely get victories against white supremacists and pedophiles.

Lots of left wing ballot measures won, even in red states, while a lotta Dems lost reelection, the centrist ones in particular even though supposedly the country wants more centrism.

In fact they despise the working class.

Both Dems and GOP do not give a f^ck about the working class. They are 2 sides of the same coin.
They serve who gives them money. That's the simple truth of it.

If the Dems have power, the money flows there. If the GOP has power, the money flows there. Really not that complicated, yet people keep fighting amongst each other as if it will make a difference.

Both Dems and GOP do not give a f^ck about the working class. They are 2 sides of the same coin.
They serve who gives them money. That's the simple truth of it.

AMEN!!!! But most American's like their team so they can feel like they are a part of something.

If the Dems have power, the money flows there. If the GOP has power, the money flows there. Really not that complicated, yet people keep fighting amongst each other as if it will make a difference.

He definitely sold out, but who doesn't in politics. Even the leftist savior Bernie sells out.

In this case I think the dems had a clear anti Saunders tactic though, basically run a massive number of candidates who looked progressive and each targeted a different group, they could all get into conflict with Sanders and turn their base against him then back Biden.

I mean Saunders himself is probably a compromise candidate compared to what alot of people would like to see, the difference is there was more trust in him to believe in his claimed ideals.

The biggest roadblock in the way of a genuine move towards progressive left wing politics isnt IMHO conservatives, they have their right to exist offering voters a choice. Rather its the faux progressive politicians or journalists who's real job is to guard against genuine moves in that direction.

These faux progressives as well I think played a significant part in Trumps rise, they were licking their lips when he was running in 2015 and giving him alot of his early coverage because they knew it would allow them to run further to the right and still depend on the left vote to keep him out.

Back