Andrew Yang: Dems don't do shit for the working class

The point of automation is for corporations to dispense with real workers and make more money.
It's just like delocalisations to China, it's not about helping people lmao.

Oh I'm well aware of that. It's just in an ideal world it should be.

Unfortunately in reality it's going to be about enriching a few people while fucking over everyone else.

But maybe when truckers, taxi drivers, factory workers etc etc don't have any income it'll impact their bottom line simply because people can't afford to buy the stuff they're producing.

Hard to argue with that. Thinking Trump is a douche is one thing, but you need to analyze why he had such a big appeal to the working class in the middle states. Dems tend to be elitist and are out of touch with what's going on in Farmland, USA. I'm no Trump Supporter btw. The two party system and electoral college needs some revising.

What a complete crock of shit. The stimulus Dems want is over 3x larger than what Republicans want. Additionally, Dems demand that it's focused on low to middle class workers whereas Reps want it to go to business owners to "trickle down". If Reps had their way the ACA would be repealed and tens of millions would lose healthcare. Same goes for all the safety net programs.

I get that there are a lot of ignorant rubes out there but Yang should know better than to use a few anecdotes. And I also want to say that if Yang does work in politics 95% of the people praising him here will flip on him. He is a rich, Ivy league educated progressive.

When you’re so eager to be right you can’t even properly read the post.
what are you trying to say though? republicans have cut their funding at every turn and democrats are solely responsible for signing them into law, and fighting to keep them as federal/state institutions.

what are you trying to say though? republicans have cut their funding at every turn and democrats are solely responsible for signing them into law, and fighting to keep them as federal/state institutions.
I’m saying that the modern Democratic Party hasn’t really evolved to meet the needs for the working class and same for the Republican Party, obviously.

Im not saying I have the answers, but the fact that you mentioned institutions created in the 30s says it all.

That is a huge reason why Trump was so successful, because whether he was correct or not, he heavily criticized the neoliberal world order for exporting jobs and went on the offensive on China, to try to bring back jobs to the US. I’m not saying he was successful, but where he fits in is that he hasn’t stagnated on the working class.

This isnt a side effect of the modern political system, it is the primary purpose of the modern political system, it is the end game that almost everything else(besides maybe foreign wars to control resources) is carried out in service of.

The ultimate truth is Trump vs Biden is really not anything close to the primary political conflict of our age. The primary conflict is within the Democratic party in the US, within the Labour party in the UK and the most important focus of the established order of those parties is to make sure left leaning progressives never gain power. They need them to be present to some degree to attract support but also need to keep them at that level.

Far from opening a potential path to power for progressives I strongly suspect a Biden victory will be used to try and purge the progressive wing as much as possible. Even if a genuionely progressive candiate did manage to run for president you think they would be supported by the dem establishment? look at what happened in the UK where Corbyn was manically attacked by his own party and attendant media.

What the emergence of genuinely progressive politics post 2008 has really revealed is just how morally corrupt the entire establishment is including almost all the media. The idea that they were sneaking in as much good as they could in the current system? bullshit fantasy sold to the public, if there was a real chance of progressive politics they would be on the front line trying to burn it down.

I don't even believe the progressives' are really that but sheepdogs to keep the left at home in the democratic party rather than start a peoples party or go Green like Nader. Do they ever threaten the neo-liberals as in all progressives stay at home or go out on their own? Nope it's all by design to give the illusion of choice when there really is none on the economic of hegemonic ends of our two parties as the famous Princeton study proved.

So no it's not about purging progressives but relegating them to uselessness with a big mic.

It's very clever actually - brand the democrats as left (republicans aid this) so there you go. Thats your left party what need for third party.

Last edited:
The appeal of the Republican creed to the American working class is the classic conservative ideology of "getting government off your back", meaning lower taxes, so that the traditional American dream of social mobility through capitalism keeps working. Also the American working class is much more respected by the Republicans and not treated like redundant White lepers to be gassed as the Democrats treat them.

The American working class respects down to earth, honest, keep the government of their back, type of politicians.
Much more than urbanites preaching about racial privilege and wanting to increase taxes for fancy social projects.

Yet social mobility has been in steady decline since the 1970's and the US now has some of the lowest levels in the western world.

I don't even believe the progressives' are really that but sheepdogs to keep the left at home in the democratic party rather than start a peoples party. Do they ever threaten the neo-liberals as in all progressives stay at home or go out on their own? Nope it's all by design to give the illusion of choice when there really is none on the economic of hegemonic ends of our two parties as the famous Princeton study proved.

So no it's not about purging progressives but relegating them to uselessness with a big mic.

I had a good deal of faith in Corbyn as a genuinely moral politician and Sanders perhaps a bit more compromised but still fundamentally genuine. Really though these men werent extremists they were the broad church candidates but we saw what happened in the UK, compromise wasn't possible because the right of the labour party are MUCH closer to the Tories than they are to someone like Corbyn. Outright and clear sabotage took place which of course the "progressive" media has barely cared about.

ENZHvNtU8AAnfOB.jpg

Last edited:
I’m saying that the modern Democratic Party hasn’t really evolved to meet the needs for the working class and same for the Republican Party, obviously.

Im not saying I have the answers, but the fact that you mentioned institutions created in the 30s says it all.

That is a huge reason why Trump was so successful, because whether he was correct or not, he heavily criticized the neoliberal world order for exporting jobs and went on the offensive on China, to try to bring back jobs to the US. I’m not saying he was successful, but where he fits in is that he hasn’t stagnated on the working class.
how does any of that disprove what i said? this thread is about “dems not doing shit for the working class” so i named a bunch of shit they did for the working class.

again, those systems were instituted with a blue president and blue congress, both chambers. when’s the last time we had that?

Yang said in the video that Biden "is naturally a very unifying figure".

I think both can be true.
If America is on fire, I see Biden as a 5-gallon bucket with only a cup of water at the bottom. I see Trump as a bucket of gasoline.
I don't pretend that Biden is going to be effective, but I'll take the cup of water over the gasoline.

how does any of that disprove what i said? this thread is about “dems not doing shit for the working class” so i named a bunch of shit they did for the working class.

again, those systems were instituted with a blue president and blue congress, both chambers. when’s the last time we had that?
Because as I said, those aren’t viewed as Democrat tools, they’re viewed as bipartisan, entrenched institutions, and aren’t exactly what the working class is looking for anyways.

Yang is referring to the Democratic Party of today and the working class of today.

On lower incomes. Reversed the cuts on higher incomes (plus added additional taxes on higher incomes).
His additional taxes on higher incomes were quite modest, weren’t they? But thank you for adding that caveat, I forgot that part.

Because as I said, those aren’t viewed as Democrat tools, they’re viewed as bipartisan, entrenched institutions, and aren’t exactly what the working class is looking for anyways.

Yang is referring to the Democratic Party of today and the working class of today.
<Huh2>

they cannot be bipartisan when they wouldnt exist without democratic support. and democratic presidents haven’t had a democratic congress since the first year of jimmy carter. no wonder they haven’t been able to get shit done.

Well, duh. This is why we don't vote for them. Maybe the right throws me scraps (as Pelosi called the tax cut) but at least they throw me something.

His additional taxes on higher incomes were quite modest, weren’t they? But thank you for adding that caveat, I forgot that part.

It's fatal to the point rather just a caveat, though. The objection to the Bush cuts were that they led to upward redistribution of wealth, while Obama's fiscal policy had the opposite effect.

<Huh2>

they cannot be bipartisan when they wouldnt exist without democratic support. and democratic presidents haven’t had a democratic congress since the first year of jimmy carter. no wonder they haven’t been able to get shit done.
Well, you said it, you think all of those things would disappear under Republicans when we’ve had a few Republican presidents with Republican congresses.

Not to even mention that those things aren’t even really what the working class wants.

He's not wrong. The dem's need to embrace their progressive wing and try to make some pro-worker inroads. Joe's love affair with the unions in not enough. Rural Americans are so far into the fringe of political discussion they considered a NYC real estate developer who literally sits on a golden toilet to take a dump their most relatable candidate.

Dems are trying to hold the country by just appealing to celebrities, and the college-educated middle class and they stand for nothing. I genuinely can't tell you what Joe's platform was other than "I'm not Trump". M4A is wildly popular and the dems won't do it. $15 minimum wage, marijuana legalization, student debt reform, incentivizing buying american and creating jobs... All either openly reviled by the dems, or functionally absent from their news coverage and talking points.

I slightly agree and slightly disagree with him here.

What has happened is that as we have seen demographic shifts take place, the working class has become increasing diverse. This has led to an intersection of working class issues and diversity issues. When a inner city black community asks for better schools, they're looking for the same type of government intervention that all working class families are asking for. Except that when I type "inner city black community", most people don't equate that to "working class community" so they don't see the 2 issues as identical.

Both parties have screwed this up. The Democrats have focused on the working class issues but their messaging is primarily through the lens of diversity issues. It also buries that black and Hispanic working class issues are working class issues, rebranding them as inclusion issues. This naturally alienates the white working class. They perceive themselves as having similar issues to the black people who are getting all of the attention, while they get ignored (and they're not wrong). And so long as the "working class" and "diversity issues" are seen as broadly different, the Dems will not be able to bridge the messaging gap.

The GOP has gone in the opposite direction. Fighting so aggressively against these diversity issues without realizing that the solutions to the diversity issues are identical to the solutions to the working class issues. This manifests itself in trying to craft solutions for the working class that don't also cater to the diversity issues. But since those two issues have significant overlap, stymieing issues that satisfy the diversity groups means stymieing issues that benefit the working class as well.

So I disagree with Yang in a specific sense. That he also unintentionally frames the working class as white and middle of the country when the cities and urban coasts are also filled with working class people. Mechanics, garbage truck drivers, janitors, waiters, etc. All working class people who are as prevalent on the coasts as the factory workers in the middle of the country.

And that's the real problem.

The identity politics both sides use and encourage is just a distraction. A design. A feature not a bug. We al know how the right does it. It's also a narrative pushed by the pseudo-left, multi-millionaires and billionaires, which have a vested interest in constantly distracting people from the essential class differences that exist in the society. Dividing everyone up on the basis of race, gender, sexual preference fails to address the major problems and the duopoly can continue to loot and war. Classic divide and conquer. Why do you think major corps give millions to BLM and other divisive "Marxist" groups rather than representative board rooms or advocate alleviating suffering of those communities? How about Bozos take some of his 230 billion and build technology centers and fantastic schools in the inner city? Or just fix the pipes in Flint? These communities will get nothing substantive only devisive words from Democrats.

So don't worry righties UHC, job guarantees, free college, living wages, end of oil, reparations, and high taxes are not coming down the pipe with Biden. I guarantee it. They may make you buy something defective from a corporation like Obama did though.

Last edited:
Well, you said it, you think all of those things would disappear under Republicans when we’ve had a few Republican presidents with Republican congresses.

Not to even mention that those things aren’t even really what the working class wants.
we’ve had two. eisenhower and bush jr. eisenhower expanded it, to his credit. bush jr looked to “reform it” immediately

Back