Andre Galvao with Kevin Howell - Drill To Win - First Impressions

I just happened to see Barnes and Noble had it on their website. It said publishing date August of this year, but it did not say preorder. I called to order, and supposedly they have it available to ship, so I hope they are right, as I ordered a copy.

Drill to Win, Andre Galvao, Book - Barnes & Noble

If all goes well, should be getting early next week!

So its not out yet? I was hoping to stop by Barnes and Noble and flip through it.

I just ordered the book, you guys better be right about it

Feel free to send me PMs with your thoughts when you guys get the books! I hope you guys enjoy it.

Just ordered it from amazon.

Kevin: Does the book cover sidemount/mount escape drills too?

Just ordered it from amazon.

Kevin: Does the book cover sidemount/mount escape drills too?

hakkas - there are a couple of mount escape drills that are incorporated into the combination drills, and there is one escape to footlock guard as well. Most of the mount escaping is incorporated into larger escaping games.

There are definitely quite a few sidemount escapes as well. Some where he goes to triangle, some where he plays possum and just protects his body from control, and some where he focuses on developing the timing to defend off of the pass (as soon as your opponent gets to SC you go!) and you're opponent has not anchored himself yet. All in all, I hope you're pleased with the variety.

Can't wait to get my copy, budovideos has had it for a couple of days now.

There are some positive reviews on amazon already.

This book isn't for me, but I think it would be great for a teacher. Its full of lots of great drills to implement during your warmups and training. I didn't want it just because I don't know when I would be able to do them. He shows a lot of cool stuff like "exercise ball sprawls." I'm sure that its a great drill, but when am I going to have access to an exercise ball on the mat? I can't just show up with one. Classes are very organized, and it would be hard to find a partner to do them with. If you have access to a mat to do these whenever you wish though, then this book is probably great.

Thanks for your thoughts Jersey Trash. I definitely think you will get the most out of this when you have home mats or access to your academy after training. Maybe you can trade training an extra half hour with a friend for cleaning the mats at your academy? Most instructors would love to avoid mopping!

Lit_Wick - a ton of the moves can be done without the gi, but Andre is wearing a gi in all photographs.

I think it's a good book. Definitely has a lot of drills that will help you with agility, balance and core strength. Worth having if you are serious about competing or just want to get better at BJJ movements. But people shouldn't buy this book as a sole source technique information. It isn't about that. Rather this book ahold go hand in hand with like Saulo's book.

Over all worth the money.

i preorder that and wont be here till tuesday
i cant wait to get started
my 2nd tourny is in a month
hopefully it will up my game !

I ordered mine from budovideos and I cant wait to get it!!!

Back