Andre Galvao vs Gordon Ryan

yes, he was very respectful

Galvao on the other hand started talking about his ACL and meniscus injuries
It was a sad way to go out. He didn’t perform bad, nobody else survives that long from that position and he just got beaten by the next generation. If he had just left all that unsaid it wouldn’t have been a bad loss at all.

It was a sad way to go out. He didn’t perform bad, nobody else survives that long from that position and he just got beaten by the next generation. If he had just left all that unsaid it wouldn’t have been a bad loss at all.
I hear you. The high road is always the best road, but it isn't always easy and in Galvao's particular situation, I can understand why there could be a huge temptation to make excuses after losing to a guy who slapped you in a viral video and has been trashing you nonstop for the better part of two years.

Well after I saw the Nicky Rod match, I thought it would have been way shorter. Surprised Andre lasted so long, even tho after Gordon took top the match was basically over. It has never been competitive in any way.

The fair play moment right after was nice, it's a bit pathetic Andre talked about his injuries or whatever, two perfectly healthy knees wouldn't have made any difference.

Hespect to Galvao for being active. It seemed like he truly tried to beat Gordon unlike Pena last time. I think even on his prime he is just too small to consistently beat the big guys.

Gordan even made Andre look small Lol
Andre defended longer than I expected basically having one arm trapped . Dude doesn't have a neck. What's with the ref talking something to Gordan? Thought for a sec he may stand them up

Well, was Ryan gracious in victory?

Ryan was very gracious and respectful, Andre as you probably already know, was not gracious and spewed out an excuse about his age and torn ACL. Even if true, you're basically destroying the legitimacy of the match, when it was clear, Gordon was two levels above in terms of technique.

I hear you. The high road is always the best road, but it isn't always easy and in Galvao's particular situation, I can understand why there could be a huge temptation to make excuses after losing to a guy who slapped you in a viral video and has been trashing you nonstop for the better part of two years.

The sad part is, Andre escalated the beef by chasing after Gordon and shoving him, then he gets slapped and acts like the victim. I don't even like Gordon as a person, that said, Andre isn't MG or Bernardo, that's for sure.

Gordon walked through everyone.. crazy..an 11 second sub... 2 minutes in the final.. crazy

Exactly. He walked through the competition. Amazing talent.

Gordon is STILL being respectful to Andre on instagram, even with the laundry list of excuses Andre threw out. I thought after that Gordon would go after him. I suppose since there is no rematch angle there is no point in going after him.

Gordon is STILL being respectful to Andre on instagram, even with the laundry list of excuses Andre threw out. I thought after that Gordon would go after him. I suppose since there is no rematch angle there is no point in going after him.

Yup.

Gordon has no more wolf tickets to sell with Andre. Andre will retire now, Gordon will keep on being Gordon. He just closed the Galvao chapter. To diss him further would diminish his own win.

Not to belittle Andre's pedigree, I just think that Gordon, even if tough battles with Pena etc, should have enough gas to at least beat Andre by any means. No matter how much experience, technique, and chemical assistance Galvao might have, the guy is so old to be competing against the greatest current no-gi grappler pound for pound today.

Seeing how he acted against Clark Gracie one time, him blaming Gordon Ryan for the slap event not knowing he was being filmed has made me like him less for sure. Gordon Ryan isn't a bad man, but I find his antics annoying considering other greats like Roger, MG, Terere etc... are less douche-like.

I think from another thread Roger wasn't a angel, particularly in his younger days. I think MG is pretty much the only one that's saintly

Guys like Andre need to learn how to lose like Hulk- still come out on top and stealing the spotlight, rather than giving the same old excuses

Or did he do the other thing Hulk did there? Try to tarnish his successor's legacy to protect his own.

Of course not... Yes, you're right bro...

Just don't EXPECT to beat Gordon Ryan if you can't blow away that MMA fighter in a grappling match... That's what I'm saying...

In that context, you are right, I should have read that again

Seeing how he acted against Clark Gracie one time, him blaming Gordon Ryan for the slap event not knowing he was being filmed has made me like him less for sure.

what happened between him and Clark? I havent heard that one before

Gordon can be douchey at times, but the guy is phenomenal and nobody can take that away from him

He is clearly head and shoulders above the rest right now and these guys or any up and comers will really have to put in the work to come up with the strategy to beat him

a lot of it is mental preparation. Gordon believes he is unbeatable and with the amount of trash he talks, it makes him put in the work to back it up. In his mind he can't afford to fail. Kind of reminds me of Floyd (only in a much smaller scale of course, as BJJ isn't close to that level of exposure)

Back