Anderson would have beat Weidman in the first fight had he not acted a fool

From memory (and i'm not watching that fight again to remind myself). - Anderson was trying his hardest to bait Wediman in. At one stage you could see Wediman getting annoyed, but he took a deep breath and carried on with him game plan rather than getting angry and playing into Anderson's hands.

Then why didnt anderson win?
Because instead of punching Weidman, he decided to not throw anything and toy with him. Look at the second round, there were so many openings and Anderson just thought, wow i have a slower version of Forrest in front of me who's even gassed?I will toy with him for more minutes, there's no threat. And Anderson got what he deserved. But to say that he wouldn't have easily beaten Weidman if he wanted to is just absurd. Weidman was like a sitting duck and could've been easily finished at anytime Silva chose to. But instead, Silva went overboard with his clowning bc it was so easy that he payed the price.

Because instead to punch Weidman, he decided to not throw anything and toy with him. Look at the second round, there were so many openings and Anderson just thought, wow i have a slower version of Forrest in front of me who's even gassed?I will toy with him for more minutes, there's no threat. And Anderson got what he deserved. But to say that he wouldn't have easily beaten Weidman if he wanted to is just absurd. Weidman was like a sitting duck and could've been easily finished at anytime Silva chose to. But instead, Silva went overboard with his clowning bc it was so easy that he payed the price.
He wasnt have any luck with punching weidman. Kicks yes,but his kicks and his taunting was the only thing keeping weidman off him. Despite the kicks,weidman was still slowly advancing,and anderson was getting tagged and not able to counter like he normally does (although he was playing it off like he was OK) So his plan was to piss weidman off and get him to throw wild to create an opening. He did piss weidman off and he did create an opening,but he missed weidman when he came in and started to dodge the follow up shots,thats when weidman threw the wild backhand and caused anderson to overextend. The rest is history.

He wasnt have any luck with punching weidman. Kicks yes,but his kicks and his taunting was the only thing keeping weidman off him. Despite the kicks,weidman was still slowly advancing,and anderson was getting tagged and not able to counter like he normally does (although he was playing it off like he was OK) So his plan was to piss weidman off and get him to throw wild to create an opening. He did piss weidman off and he did create an opening,but he missed weidman when he came in and started to dodge the follow up shots,thats when weidman threw the wild backhand and caused anderson to overextend. The rest is history.
Weidman was actually pissed and punching air while plodding forward. I actually wanted to make a thread years ago with gifs to show how many openings were there when Weidman missed the punches and Silva just looked at him the way he looked at Forrest when they fought like "WTF are you even trying to do?"
If you rewatch the second round you can see that Silva stuffed like 3/3 takedowns or sth like that and Weidman was just standing there gassed in front of him while plodding forward and Silva didn't throw 1 punch when he had many opportunities (Weidman was close in range after missing his punches) but instead was probably thinking i'll toy with this bum since that was the easiest situation he has ever been into.
A gassed slow guy in front of you who can't even take you down? It's the perfect opportunity to play with him. But i'm actually glad he got KTFO for it, i hated when he disrespected his opponents. There's a difference between showboating a bit and being disrespectful and he was humiliating Weidman so he deserved it.

Lol no, Weidman destroyed serious Silva in the rematch, be would have destroyed Silva the first time too if he wasn’t clowning.

Weidman is just better than Silva.

Weidman admitted that Spiders clowning was working, turning him from a wrestler into a headhunter.

It backfired, but the plan was working how Silva wanted it to.

Reactions: HHJ
I disagree. He was clowning BECAUSE he was not having success in the exchanges and he was getting desperate.

He was trying to get Weidman to make a mistake or over extend and Chris did a very good job of staying disciplined and technical.

If you have some video you have analyzed showing how Anderson was having success and how that would have lead to a win, by all means, bring it forward.

Desperate? What the fuck? Have you actually watched the first fight?

Things weren't going his way at the start. He got taken down and ate some punches.

Then he got up and the whole dynamic of the fight turned in his favor. He started landing on Weidman, making Weidman miss, etc. Weidman looked gassed as fuck and confused and it was still the first round. He tried a take down and Silva shrugged him off easily. Did you miss the part where Weidman was literally just leaning against Silva in the clinch because he was tired and didn't know what the fuck to do?

Silva started fucking around in there, was landing lots of good leg kicks, and just generally making Chris look bad.

How is that desperate?

Anderson if nothing else,is a MASTER of deception. He almost DID con his way back into the fight he was losing,but it didnt work ultimatley.

What do you mean by "con"?

Weidman landed half of his strikes in that first round on the ground, which happened early. Silva pulled the strikes back to almost even by the end of that round, was shrugging off take downs and making Chris miss.

He literally did fight his way back into the fight, and he wasn't losing it by the end of the first round at all.

What do you mean by "con"?

Weidman landed half of his strikes in that first round on the ground, which happened early. Silva pulled the strikes back to almost even by the end of that round, was shrugging off take downs and making Chris miss.

He literally did fight his way back into the fight, and he wasn't losing it by the end of the first round at all.
Man he was kicking and then acting like weidman wasnt shit,even tho he had just gotten his ass kicked. And it made Weidman hesitate,like man what the fuck,is he trying to trick me or what?

CON

Anderson is a master of that ill give him that,its the only way hes managed to not get ko'd in his post weidman career. He makes you think he has something or is gonna do something,but he aint really got it. Gramps is firing blanks!

For years Anderson got away with baiting fighters to punch him on the chin then he would move his head - from the place he’d just baited a fighter to throw a punch at - and the likes of Rogan would go ‘Ow! He’s in the Matrix! Ow!’ when he wasn’t at all. It’s like saying to a guy kick me in the leg, he throws a leg kick and you check it then stupid Rogan screams , ‘Ow! Amazing! Matrix!’ when it’s not. Weidman’s corner were the first to figure out that punching at his chest is a better strategy with a guy who’s good at head movement rather than Silva slowing down with age - something the sport of boxing figured out decades ago. It’s harder to move your heavier, larger torso than your lighter head. Weidman won that fight fair and square.

Man he was kicking and then acting like weidman wasnt shit,even tho he had just gotten his ass kicked. And it made Weidman hesitate,like man what the fuck,is he trying to trick me or what?

CON

Anderson is a master of that ill give him that,its the only way hes managed to not get ko'd in his post weidman career. He makes you think he has something or is gonna do something,but he aint really got it. Gramps is firing blanks!

But Weidman wasn't hesitating. He was gassing, throwing punches and kicks, and missing.

And the reason he didn't get KOd much was because he toned the showboating down completely and just fought more normal.

giphy.gif

But Weidman wasn't hesitating. He was gassing, throwing punches and kicks, and missing.

And the reason he didn't get KOd much was because he toned the showboating down completely and just fought more normal.
He makes moves like hes gonna do something,and it makes fighters hesitate. Guys a master at deception. People should def study him when it comes to feints.

he clowned on every fight and was caught sometimes but had an amazing chin, until at some point it was gone. That fight was that point.

And GSP would have beat Matt Serra in their first fight if he didn't tap to strikes.

he clowned on every fight and was caught sometimes but had an amazing chin, until at some point it was gone. That fight was that point.
Anderson is good at rolling with punches, he usually can see em coming.
This time there was nothing he could do about it. That first punch on the ground probably didnt help

silva.gif

Tbh anderson's head movement and reflexes were pretty good here...Weidman's wild punch caused anderson to trap himself accidentally. His dodges were spot on but he hit a wall there.

I disagree. He was clowning BECAUSE he was not having success in the exchanges and he was getting desperate.

He was trying to get Weidman to make a mistake or over extend and Chris did a very good job of staying disciplined and technical.

If you have some video you have analyzed showing how Anderson was having success and how that would have lead to a win, by all means, bring it forward.

nah bullshit. he looked like he was taking over then tried that goofy shit. if teh chris misses with that last punch anderson would have destroyed him

Silva was 38. He was doing the things he does and got caught. Weidman was no joke. GSP, Sonnen and a bunch of others had him winning. Silva was setting his traps and it didn’t work. His career was ending at the top regardless between his age and the level of younger competition rising he was doomed (he wasn’t beating Weidman, Rockhold, Mousasi, Romero etc 39-41 years of age. Winning consecutive title fights and retaining beyond 38 isn’t a thing you see much of in the UFC, not even at HW but Stipe might change that........ I don’t usually throw the past prime thing out but pushing at that age you’re over that hump at least physically and in the case of Silva I don’t see it as an excuse as with some but a natural reality, he was getting old.
It happens to pretty much everyone at some point,if they stick around long enough. Nothing to be ashamed of.

weidman had ray longo threatening to wack his dad unless he punched a hole in his fuckin chest

that's why his dad was so grateful even when rockhold beat teh chris into bolivian (HE'S STILL MY BOYYYY)

Ah the old lie. Nah, he was getting beat up. That's why he turned it up to 11, trying to force standup exchanges. Which he did tbf, they just didn't go the way he wanted

Back