Anderson would have beat Weidman in the first fight had he not acted a fool

Ah the old lie. Nah, he was getting beat up. That's why he turned it up to 11, trying to force standup exchanges. Which he did tbf, they just didn't go the way he wanted
He was close to conning his way back into the fight, ill give him that. He was makin everyone wonder if this was all an act or he really didnt think weidman was shit. Even people in here think Anderson was in total control the whole time and just got careless.

thats some funny fuckin shit

Anderson lost because he finally fought someone who was on as much steroids as he was.

I mean its no surprise. We saw how much trouble Chael gave him,and Weidman was bringing that and MORE

What's funny about someone getting clowned after trying to clown their opponent? Everything. Hilarious.
Tbh when it happened,i was shocked. Anderson unconcious was surreal to see.
My mma coach stood up and goes THATS WHAT YOU GET YOU DISRESPECTFUL MOTHERFUCKER

<Dany07>

He used clowning throughout his title reign to open opportunities in the striking. Also, it has to be hard to stay focused when you are destroying everyone. He made a choice in that fight, and it cost him his title. Shit happens.

I think the second sentence of your argument is more compelling to me than the first.

Weidman said the same thing about clowning being a tactic after his win. Did Anderson clown sometimes, sure. Was is some key element of his strategy? IMO, no. He just smoked guys and occasionally got bored.

I think what he did against Weidman was a combination of a general complacency in his career plus ego kicking in when Weidman landed some shots on him. I don’t think he was hurt at all, but he still got hit and it bruised his ego. He emphasized resolving that temporary discomfort over accepting that he was in a tough fight and embracing the challenge.

In hindsight, it seems clear that Anderson was going to lose his title soon. Was it always going to be Weidman? I think Weidman would probably have been the favorite if we could run that fight 100 times in a simulation. He had the good wrestling that had caused Anderson problems against Chael, plus serviceable striking, and most importantly he was younger, more focused more physically robust, more aggressive, etc. Anderson was a far superior technical striker, so he’s gonna catch Weidman and stop him a fair amount of the time, but I don’t think it’s fair to call what happened a fluke. Both fights ended in flukey, or at least unusual ways, but the torch was likely to pass soon one way or the other and Weidman was as good a bet as anyone else.

I think the second sentence of your argument is more compelling to me than the first.

Weidman said the same thing about clowning being a tactic after his win. Did Anderson clown sometimes, sure. Was is some key element of his strategy? IMO, no. He just smoked guys and occasionally got bored.

I think what he did against Weidman was a combination of a general complacency in his career plus ego kicking in when Weidman landed some shots on him. I don’t think he was hurt at all, but he still got hit and it bruised his ego. He emphasized resolving that temporary discomfort over accepting that he was in a tough fight and embracing the challenge.

In hindsight, it seems clear that Anderson was going to lose his title soon. Was it always going to be Weidman? I think Weidman would probably have been the favorite if we could run that fight 100 times in a simulation. He had the good wrestling that had caused Anderson problems against Chael, plus serviceable striking, and most importantly he was younger, more focused more physically robust, more aggressive, etc. Anderson was a far superior technical striker, so he’s gonna catch Weidman and stop him a fair amount of the time, but I don’t think it’s fair to call what happened a fluke. Both fights ended in flukey, or at least unusual ways, but the torch was likely to pass soon one way or the other and Weidman was as good a bet as anyone else.
Very well put. I dont think the punches landing on him hurt him (right before the ko) but he reacted like he was trying to cover his embarassment for it happening. I feel like he wasnt just trying to convince Weidman that he was on another level,he was tryng to convince himself.

Very well put. I dont think the punches landing on him hurt him but he reacted like he was trying to cover his embarassment for it happening. I feel like he wasnt just trying to convince Weidman that he was on another level,he was tryng to convince himself.

Yea good call.

“I know you might think you just got the best of me, but actually I’m not really trying, see look, I’m goofing off cause you’re not that good...” BANG

Yea good call.

“I know you might think you just got the best of me, but actually I’m not really trying, see look, I’m goofing off cause you’re not that good...” BANG
It reminds me of dudes getting schooled in sparring by a guy they dont expect to hit them and trying to play it off like "ok you got me there,but you still aint shit,lucky im letting you live lol"

I saw it live with a bunch of people and they werent sure what was going on but there was this uneasy feeling that anderson was gonna lose if it kept goin on like this.

First and foremost- Anderson was at the start of other side of career . Prime Andy wouldve beaten Chris.

Chris s bread and butter at this point was not his wrestling / grappling. He understood keeping opponents at the end of his punches. A frustrated Anderson ( clearly) lost some control as all we was able to do was kick at Chris. His clowning obviously led to the result but it's not out of the question that the fight couldve went to a decision. However, I see Chris sticking to that round one and probably winning a clear decision unless he didnt check any kicks ( which I'm sure fat man & Serra wouldve addressed mid-fight) and Andy couldve retained a controversial decision on those points.

A king has his reign ( and it was quite a reign ) and then it ends. Chris did not beat the best Anderson Silva .He happened to be the contender ( legit, though) that shared cage with a pushing 40 Silva.

Weidman never failed a drug test. Anderson failed multiple times
While he wasn't as obvious as the most obvious fighter that never got caught (Hendricks), he was fairly obvious. Sudden downhill trends after USADA comes into the picture are a clear sign. Anything is possible in terms of a coincidence, but I think it is a little gullible in this case.

Anderson just kept on roiding despite USADA, and was positive on his first ever out of competition test. Weidman was more careful, but his performances reflected his loss of T.

The amount of delusional Silva fans astonishes me. Apparently he could have won at any time and was light years better and just made a fatal error. Fucking lol! You guys can’t be this stupid.

this is obvious to anybody whos not a blind anderson hater/gsp nuthugger or dumb (or both)

at that time he was getting bored inside the cage:

he pretty much beat all the top mw

he was pushing for a superfight with gsp and couldn't get it cause gsp was avoiding him like a plague

he was just coming off a 1st round destruction of solid and durable (was never really finished in mma prior to anderson) ufc vet and lhw in stephan bonnar where andwrson antics went over the top

so weidman fight at that time didnt mean anything for anderson. weidman was relatively green with 9 pro fights and one solid performance. beating him wouldn't mean anything as it would be just another clearly outmatched opponent ufc fed anderson to make him look unstoppable.

during the fight it was obvious anderson didnt have much respect for weidman slow and predictable style and his clowning was even more over the top than before. he was sensing weidman was running outta gas and wanted to put on a show for the fans and paid the price for it.

Yea good call.

Right. It’s an old old guy trick. Smoke and mirrors. Silva was such a disrespectful person that he wouldn’t even give his best and would rather deign to embarrass guys if he could get away with it. That’s why when I see the reverential treatment he gets it makes me sick. He gave none of that to any of his opponents and only became humble when he lost it and made a fool of himself. Chris made a fool of Silva and it was exactly what he deserved for all his years of treating fellow pros like fucking trash.

Very well put. I dont think the punches landing on him hurt him (right before the ko) but he reacted like he was trying to cover his embarassment for it happening. I feel like he wasnt just trying to convince Weidman that he was on another level,he was tryng to convince himself.
Also consider Silva was not a warrior. He was just super talented but never had a great fighting spirit. Basically when the chips were down he took to acting like an asshole rather than dig in and admit he was in a fight with an equal. He always thought he was just so superior to everyone else that when the time came to be a fighter he checked out so he could have an excuse

Also consider Silva was not a warrior. He was just super talented but never had a great fighting spirit. Basically when the chips were down he took to acting like an asshole rather than dig in and admit he was in a fight with an equal. He always thought he was just so superior to everyone else that when the time came to be a fighter he checked out so he could have an excuse
I dunno if I can agree with that...he had trouble leading but I dunno you can say a guy who had as long a reign as he and say he isn't a warrior

Right. It’s an old old guy trick. Smoke and mirrors. Silva was such a disrespectful person that he wouldn’t even give his best and would rather deign to embarrass guys if he could get away with it. That’s why when I see the reverential treatment he gets it makes me sick. He gave none of that to any of his opponents and only became humble when he lost it and made a fool of himself. Chris made a fool of Silva and it was exactly what he deserved for all his years of treating fellow pros like fucking trash.
When did he not give his best? You think he wanted to get koed?

Could someone please post gifs of the second round? It will show basically Silva stuffing Weidman's TD's and Weidman gassed standing 1 inch in front of Silva after missing punches and you can see Weidman was basically at Silva's mercy, but Silva didn't even throw a punch. It would have been like a Forrest kind of TKO if he wanted to and Weidman was in way worse position than Forrest because on top of all he was gassed so he was plodding even slower forward while missing punches lol

this is obvious to anybody whos not a blind anderson hater/gsp nuthugger or dumb (or both)

at that time he was getting bored inside the cage:

he pretty much beat all the top mw

he was pushing for a superfight with gsp and couldn't get it cause gsp was avoiding him like a plague

he was just coming off a 1st round destruction of solid and durable (was never really finished in mma prior to anderson) ufc vet and lhw in stephan bonnar where andwrson antics went over the top

so weidman fight at that time didnt mean anything for anderson. weidman was relatively green with 9 pro fights and one solid performance. beating him wouldn't mean anything as it would be just another clearly outmatched opponent ufc fed anderson to make him look unstoppable.

during the fight it was obvious anderson didnt have much respect for weidman slow and predictable style and his clowning was even more over the top than before. he was sensing weidman was running outta gas and wanted to put on a show for the fans and paid the price for it.
No way. Anderson was getting his ass beat. He was trying to clown his way to a win cos his regular way was not working. At all. His antics were the only thing keeping weidman guessing

Back