Anderson would have beat Weidman in the first fight had he not acted a fool

When did he not give his best? You think he wanted to get koed?
Not necessarily. But rather than admit Chris had him in a fight he chose to act like an asshole and in doing so was successfully able to diminish both Chris’s win and himself. He disrespected a lot of fighters in his prime when he could have showed respect and beat them without making people look stupid. Ultimately he took himself out of the Goat conversation forever to it worked out well lol

Could someone please post gifs of the second round? It will show basically Silva stuffing Weidman's TD's and Weidman gassed standing 1 inch in front of Silva after missing punches and you can see Weidman was basically at Silva's mercy, but Silva didn't even throw a punch. It would have been like a Forrest kind of TKO if he wanted to and Weidman was in way worse position than Forrest because on top of all he was gassed so he was plodding even slower forward while missing punches lol
Oh Jesus Christ

Reactions: HHJ
Weidman admitted that Spiders clowning was working, turning him from a wrestler into a headhunter.

It backfired, but the plan was working how Silva wanted it to.
It was working you could see it on Chris face "wtf is he doing??" All the fans were thinking it too. Almost worked out for him

He lost every single second of both fights.

Not necessarily. But rather than admit Chris had him in a fight he chose to act like an asshole and in doing so was successfully able to diminish both Chris’s win and himself. He disrespected a lot of fighters in his prime when he could have showed respect and beat them without making people look stupid. Ultimately he took himself out of the Goat conversation forever to it worked out well lol
I mean...it was disrespectful but not for the sake of it. He was trying to use that to turn the fight around.

Anderson didn't win a single second of either fight. He also got knocked out twice. 2nd fight he was flash KO'd in the clinch and it would have been better for his health if the fight was stopped right there

Anderson is a mater of trickism,spookology and mental warfare. Just with his movements. He comes off so well like he knows what he's doing and that it's his ring,and you don't belong in it..we seen him beat guys in so many ways that it does get to you...that he is luring you in. But since the weidman fight,he ain't really got the means to do what he used to. But he makes people wary anyway. It's fuckin genius and the only joy I get out of watching his last 6 or 7 fights.

Yeah except he didn't win....twice. Should get the fuck over it.

I dunno if I can agree with that...he had trouble leading but I dunno you can say a guy who had as long a reign as he and say he isn't a warrior
When did he ever have to dig deep down and will himself to victory? Chae
I mean...it was disrespectful but not for the sake of it. He was trying to use that to turn the fight around.
Maybe. But all the other times he did it because he could -not because he had to.

No way. Anderson was getting his ass beat. He was trying to clown his way to a win cos his regular way was not working. At all. His antics were the only thing keeping weidman guessing

more like he was letting weidman tag him cause he underestimated his striking/power and at the same time overestimated his own ability to take shots/avoid them

look at this:

c4b64cdb2c0acb7f0fde1a5fe1652eae.gif

look how weidman overextents with that right hand.

if silva wasnt fooling around he would drop him there.

and keep in mind this is at the point where weidman is gassed, no longer able to take anderson down and is missing majority of his strikes while silva is goofing around

more like he was letting weidman tag him cause he underestimated his striking/power and at the same time overestimated his own ability to take shots/avoid them

look at this:

c4b64cdb2c0acb7f0fde1a5fe1652eae.gif

look how weidman overextents with that right hand.

if silva wasnt fooling around he would drop him there.

and keep in mind this is at the point where weidman is gassed, no longer able to take anderson down and is missing majority of his strikes while silva is goofing around
He tried. I'm the second angle he tried to catch him coming in but he missed and had to abandon that idea and go back to dodging. Andersons amazing just to adjust so fast.

Also anderson wasn't expecting that punch to land. That also contributed to his lights going out. Didn't brace for it.

He tried. I'm the second angle he tried to catch him coming in but he missed and had to abandon that idea and go back to dodging. Andersons amazing just to adjust so fast.

obviously by that time anderson chin and speed werent what they ised to be, but this is how it looks like when opponents overextend and he actually fights back

SilvaVsGriffin.gif

tumblr_inline_mq8twhdkPo1qz4rgp.gif

45.gif

you gonna tell me if weidman threw that sloppy combo against this silva he wouldn't be on the floor seeing stars?

obviously by that time anderson chin and speed werent what they ised to be, but this is how it looks like when opponents overextend and he actually fights back

SilvaVsGriffin.gif

tumblr_inline_mq8twhdkPo1qz4rgp.gif

45.gif

you gonna tell me if weidman threw that sloppy combo against this silva he wouldn't be on the floor seeing stars?
Anderson missed. That's the first thing. He missed the punch meant to counter weidman. Secondly,he is fast enough to dodge the punches,it's just when weidman threw the backhand it caused Silva to over extend,and he never thought weidman was going to land the punch that kod him. Never saw that even coming.
So I can't say his chin was shot. If he was slower? Perhaps but that goes against your "trying to give the fans a show" you don't do that when your losing a fight. He was losing. He ran out of tricks and there was nowhere to go. Happens to the best of em.

Anderson missed. That's the first thing. He missed the punch meant to counter weidman. Secondly,he is fast enough to dodge the punches,it's just when weidman threw the backhand it caused Silva to over extend,and he never thought weidman was going to land the punch that kod him. Never saw that even coming.
So I can't say his chin was shot. If he was slower? Perhaps but that goes against your "trying to give the fans a show" you don't do that when your losing a fight. He was losing. He ran out of tricks and there was nowhere to go. Happens to the best of em.

he lost the 1st round, sure

but silva was always a slow starter, especially against wrestlers. he would give up a round and then take over. look at his fights vs hendo or chael 2.

in the 2nd round of the 1st weidman fight weidman is gassing, cant get his tds and is missing most of his strikes

anderson had reason to believe hes in control at that point and can goof off before finishing weidman. even weidman admitted those leg kicks were making a difference

I disagree. He was clowning BECAUSE he was not having success in the exchanges and he was getting desperate.

He was trying to get Weidman to make a mistake or over extend and Chris did a very good job of staying disciplined and technical.

If you have some video you have analyzed showing how Anderson was having success and how that would have lead to a win, by all means, bring it forward.

The End

he lost the 1st round, sure

but silva was always a slow starter, especially against wrestlers. he would give up a round and then take over. look at his fights vs hendo or chael 2.

in the 2nd round of the 1st weidman fight weidman is gassing, cant get his tds and is missing most of his strikes

anderson had reason to believe hes in control at that point and can goof off before finishing weidman. even weidman admitted those leg kicks were making a difference
That makes no sense at all. He wasnt goofin off in the second rd vs Hendo,he took that fight seriously,like all of them.

He was clowning to the point where it was plain stupid and reckless.

Much worse than any of the clowning he had done previously aside for Thales Leites, but even that was not as reckless.

He would have won that fight easily and extended the streak longer if he had his head together, but he seemed to lose it at times in his career. By the time he fought Weidman the second time he looked a little broken psychologically and broke himself physically as well, and was too old to come back from an injury that serious, not to mention those losses.

silva.gif

He wasn’t going to win that first Weidman fight.

He was getting tagged repeatedly.

Also anderson wasn't expecting that punch to land. That also contributed to his lights going out. Didn't brace for it.
I agree with this. Silva as well up to that fight, fought against guys who had 5 or 6 inches of less reach than Weidman. Guys like Maia and Sonnen had reaches of 72-73 inches. Weidman had a longer reach than Silva (78 inches vs. 77.5 inches for Silva). So Weidman surprised Silva, since he was used to people not connecting from that range.

Reactions: HHJ
Back