Anderson Silva MASSIVE underdog against Israel Adesanya

He should be...he gonna get smoked.

Last edited:
I think he has a better chance than the odds reflect. Adesanya is the rightful favorite but he and Anderson both can tend to sit back and counter. This could lead to an uneventful fight with a close decision that Silva could sneak out.

Could be the last stand for one of the GOAT strikers.

War Silva

tenor.gif

I think Anderson will probably win, Israel does not really impress me that much, he is a good fighter just not what people make him out to be. I thought Vettori beat him.
But I have been wrong before, maybe Vettori could whoop Anderson, for whatever that's worth.

Well, this isn't an argument I'm gonna win here.. lol. The rose colored glasses effect Is far too powerful.

Israel may very well be the most Impressive striker we've seen in MMA though. Not just because of his kickboxing backround but how his style translates to MMA.

All due respect Anderson In his prime has never faced a high level striker anywhere near that level.

time will tell

He still looks smooth hitting pads but obviously his chin, and reflexes have dropped off a ton. Anderson didn’t cherrypick this fight that’s nonsense but it’s a fight where he is still very dangerous. I really hope it doesn’t turn out like WB vs Till but I think Anderson will have to be the one to go at Stylebender. Stylebender is content to win on points and play it safe.

Well yeah, there's a reason he asked for TRT to be legalised in MMA again, he feels off without his roids.

He still looks smooth hitting pads but obviously his chin, and reflexes have dropped off a ton. Anderson didn’t cherrypick this fight that’s nonsense but it’s a fight where he is still very dangerous. I really hope it doesn’t turn out like WB vs Till but I think Anderson will have to be the one to go at Stylebender. Stylebender is content to win on points and play it safe.

Do or Die type fight for Anderson.. that's often when you see these fighters dig deep into their souls and pull out some amazing performances.

I could see Anderson surprising a bit, the question Is will It be enough.

No, but i think gastelum at fight time odds might be worth a 50 ffs.

Could be right. I just think Silva would be crazy to simply go toe to toe with the lad. He's got enough smarts and experience to know that so I'm guessing he'll have a plan to mix it up.
Anderson will be saying let's keep it on the ground, the fans want to see a grappling fight

Adesanya is the next big thing when it comes to strikers in the MW division. Silva was the next big thing. Adesanya has the advantage of youth on his side, but I still think Prime Silva was a much better striker than Adesanya has shown so far. This is a fluffer win the UFC is counting on to build Adesanya's rep , and a fight that could completely go sideways in a hurry. Adesanya beating Silva doesn't mean shit to anyone but his own fans (or Silva haters).

Regardless of who wins this fight, Adesanya still will have glaring holes in his game that any smart grappler will exploit, and I think he gets smoked by any high level wrestler or BJJ practitioner.

Would be cool to see but that would be one hell of a miracle..

To me this seems like a mismatch on the level of Ali Holmes
Or could it end up being Tyson vs Douglas. Anderson will end this hype job once and for all.

Spider wipes Israel off the map

MeaslyGiantBlackfly.gif

I'm completely on the Adesanya bandwagon. I think betting against him is throwing away your money.

He still looks smooth hitting pads but obviously his chin, and reflexes have dropped off a ton. Anderson didn’t cherry pick this fight that’s nonsense but it’s a fight where he is still very dangerous. I really hope it doesn’t turn out like WB vs Till but I think Anderson will have to be the one to go at Stylebender. Stylebender is content to win on points and play it safe.

Of course this is a strategic cherry picked fight.

How the f*ck does Anderson get a unproven striker for his title shot prelim when Jacare, Romero, Rockhold, Gastelum and Weidman would all pose a take down threat, if needed which would force Anderson to not focus solely on his striking?

I am not saying Israel is not dangerous, but if Anderson cannot beat him then he cannot beat anyone. As Anderson's stand up game is all he has left and if he can't win over another striker (unproven) then he needs to retire once and for all. And that with a win he might get a title shot against the only other guy in the division who is unlikely to grapple him, even if in trouble is just Anderson and his team brilliantly cherry picking a path for him as they always have.

Back