Anderson Silva MASSIVE underdog against Israel Adesanya

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone willing to take the leap of faith?

https://www.bestfightodds.com/fighters/Anderson-Silva-38

Open | Worst | Best
+280 +325 – +461 +26.9%▲ UFC 234: Whittaker vs. Gastelum
-400 -661 – -460 Feb 9th 2019

expect those odds to get even worse as the fight draws closer. It's crazy to me that Anderson actually took this fight being this far past his prime. Even at his absolute peak this is a ridiculously tough fight for him that he may very well have lost even then.

Anderson rewinds the clock for this fight. One more magical moment from the GOAT.

Anderson Silva has a ground game.
We've no idea what Stylebender is capable of on the deck. Guys who are 95% about the next level striking eventually meet a wrestler or BJJ guy who can dominate them.
I still favour Stylebender but i think the odds are a bit crazy. Who knows - Anderson might want to stand and trade with the boy. If he fights smart, he's definitely got a chance.

Money to be made if he hasn't forgotten the password to the Matrix...

Anderson rewinds the clock for this fight. One more magical moment from the GOAT.
Fingers crossed!

TELEMMGLPICT000168193071_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwWvTGbLBnOlJVkLvHT_RXp8.jpeg

Anderson Silva has a ground game.
We've no idea what Stylebender is capable of on the deck. Guys who are 95% about the next level striking eventually meet a wrestler or BJJ guy who can dominate them.
I still favour Stylebender but i think the odds are a bit crazy. Who knows - Anderson might want to stand and trade with the boy. If he fights smart, he's definitely got a chance.
Well he did stuff Brunson. Brad tavares is a better wrestler than Anderson as well. It's hard to Imagine going In there with a strategy to get him down but I suppose It is a tool in his kit. But It seems unlikely

I think this one gets decided on the feet.

I just won off Cejudo so I'm feelin' a lil lucky with those odds on Anderson right now. Maybe I'll throw a little change at it and see if it 4x's.
4x on Anderson Silva at any age and against any opponent is almost to good to turn down entirely.

If I do put some on Anderson though, I'll try and even it out with a .5x on Whitaker. I think Robert is way better than people give him credit for and an absolute beast. He just spent 10 rounds in there with Yoel Romero and lived/won.

I could see him doing decently well against Israel.

This could be a very boring fight, with Israel respecting the danger posed by Silva, and slowly picking him apart with safe shots.

I could see him doing decently well against Israel.

This could be a very boring fight, with Israel respecting the danger posed by Silva, and slowly picking him apart with safe shots.
That is actually a great prediction of what will probably happen.

Well he did stuff Brunson. Brad tavares is a better wrestler than Anderson as well. It's hard to Imagine going In there with a strategy to get him down but I suppose It is a tool in his kit. But It seems unlikely

Could be right. I just think Silva would be crazy to simply go toe to toe with the lad. He's got enough smarts and experience to know that so I'm guessing he'll have a plan to mix it up.

I highly doubt Anderson will come to grapple, but there's a big difference between stuffing takedowns on a grappler who you know will be shooting early and often vs. a striker who you don't necessarily expect to shoot for takedowns. It's all about the element of surprise. It's why a fighter like Cerrone is all of a sudden having good success taking guys down in the twilight of his career. It's a lot easier to take a guy down when he's expecting you to try to kick him in the head instead.

I haven't been too confident in Silva lately, but man I'm taking 185 pound king for the win. One last drip of magic.

<{silvanormal}>

Is normal.
This. But, this fight is 50/50. An anderson that doesn't have to worry about a TD is a dangerous anderson. Will he have the speed to beat Mike Long, who knows, but if he lets it fly, he can put anybody to sleep.

Back