Anderson Silva MASSIVE underdog against Israel Adesanya

its funny thinking saying 'break a leg' to anderson to wish him luck.

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Either way I’m prepared to be very emotional watching this fight and that never happens to me anymore.

War Anderson.

Of course this is a strategic cherry picked fight.

How the f*ck does Anderson get a unproven striker for his title shot prelim when Jacare, Romero, Rockhold, Gastelum and Weidman would all pose a take down threat, if needed which would force Anderson to not focus solely on his striking?

I am not saying Israel is not dangerous, but if Anderson cannot beat him then he cannot beat anyone. As Anderson's stand up game is all he has left and if he can't win over another striker (unproven) then he needs to retire once and for all. And that with a win he might get a title shot against the only other guy in the division who is unlikely to grapple him, even if in trouble is just Anderson and his team brilliantly cherry picking a path for him as they always have.
Lol..what?

Israel has infinitely more experience at the highest level In kickboxing than Anderson

This is a really rough style matchup for Anderson

I'm going to be in the stands cheering for Anderson, and I'm afraid for him I've got to be honest.

I will definitely take those odds. Hes still Anderson Silva and its a striking match.

Silva will catch a kick, throw him to the ground, get in a crazy scramble and catch him in an inverted triangle choke for the win.

Anderson fell hard from grace after the Weidman defeats and multi steroid fails.

He's going to lose his last bit of dignity against Israel.

expect those odds to get even worse as the fight draws closer. It's crazy to me that Anderson actually took this fight being this far past his prime. Even at his absolute peak this is a ridiculously tough fight for him that he may very well have lost even then.
Settle down Adesanya's best win is over Derek Brunson. It's not yet time to crown him a p4p great as Silva once was.

Settle down Adesanya's best win is over Derek Brunson. It's not yet time to crown him a p4p great as Silva once was.
word

resume wise, far from it.

skill wise, he's poised to take the striking goat crown tho

but time shall tell

War Ando! I don't think he beats isreal though unfortunately.

Anyone willing to take the leap of faith?

https://www.bestfightodds.com/fighters/Anderson-Silva-38

Open | Worst | Best
+280 +325 – +461 +26.9%▲ UFC 234: Whittaker vs. Gastelum
-400 -661 – -460 Feb 9th 2019

expect those odds to get even worse as the fight draws closer. It's crazy to me that Anderson actually took this fight being this far past his prime. Even at his absolute peak this is a ridiculously tough fight for him that he may very well have lost even then.

Anderson is crafty and is dangerous off his back, he has ways to win the fight for sure.

In a pure speed striking match he is way to old now, but he is always dangerous at all times.

He still looks smooth hitting pads but obviously his chin, and reflexes have dropped off a ton. Anderson didn’t cherrypick this fight that’s nonsense but it’s a fight where he is still very dangerous. I really hope it doesn’t turn out like WB vs Till but I think Anderson will have to be the one to go at Stylebender. Stylebender is content to win on points and play it safe.

andy looking good

Anyone willing to take the leap of faith?

https://www.bestfightodds.com/fighters/Anderson-Silva-38

Open | Worst | Best
+280 +325 – +461 +26.9%▲ UFC 234: Whittaker vs. Gastelum
-400 -661 – -460 Feb 9th 2019

I have Andy by some crazy move!
And even if he loses, I will be rooting for him.

He is going out like a fucking hero while others pick easy fights in order to "protect their legacy".

WAR SPIDER!!!!

Not that bad of a bet to pick AA Guy not even DC would engage with. Adesanya can be wild a times and we don't know how he would react to getting caught .

word

resume wise, far from it.

skill wise, he's poised to take the striking goat crown tho

but time shall tell
If I had to identify a weakness in Adesanya's striking it would be his understanding of sound boxing offense/defense, which happens to be Silva's strength. That's what makes this fight interesting.

If I had to identify a weakness in Adesanya's striking it would be his understanding of sound boxing offense/defense, which happens to be Silva's strength. That's what makes this fight interesting.
yeah I'd agree, the boxing would be the weaker aspect of his game. He moves his head though, rolls with shit and has great reflexes.

Though at the same time, when you watch some of his kickboxing fights..his boxing has looked surprisingly good. That tends to be my criticism as well but maybe It's better than I / we give him credit for.

Lol..what?

Israel has infinitely more experience at the highest level In kickboxing than Anderson

This is a really rough style matchup for Anderson
You are missing the point.

Anderson and his team are hoping he still has one last run in him.

If ANderson cannot beat a pure striker in the MW division then he is truly done.

The last thing they want in his final run is a guy who runs the risk of grapple fucking him all fight.

Is Israel dangerous, yes. But who outside maybe a top 30 striker is Anderson going to fight at MW and who will get him a title shot.

If you had to pick a match up for Anderson at this point, a relatively unproven striker, who is dangerous enough to get you a title shot is exactly the guy you want to gamble with.

Back