Anderson Silva MASSIVE underdog against Israel Adesanya

I'm doing it boys, everyone on here is all talk and no action but I'm going in for the kill, betfair exchange, £2 at odds of 5.3 for a total return of £8.60, no need to bow down I don't deserve it.

Red panty night here we come!!!!

Good luck mang, I have a weird feeling Silva is going to shock the world....again.

What's gonna kill Anderson is the speed. Anderson is old and slowed down. Israel is the fastest and most explosive athlete I've ever seen in the UFC at any weight class down to 125. Better pure striking skill AND speed, height, explosiveness, power, reflex, and youth advantage. Come on.. He's gonna be tagging Anderson like crazy and put him out in 1-2 minutes.

Silva should practice takedowns only or start every round on his back like Werdum. That's his only chance.
Adelsanya is super-proficient striker.

Of course this is a strategic cherry picked fight.

How the f*ck does Anderson get a unproven striker for his title shot prelim when Jacare, Romero, Rockhold, Gastelum and Weidman would all pose a take down threat, if needed which would force Anderson to not focus solely on his striking?

I am not saying Israel is not dangerous, but if Anderson cannot beat him then he cannot beat anyone. As Anderson's stand up game is all he has left and if he can't win over another striker (unproven) then he needs to retire once and for all. And that with a win he might get a title shot against the only other guy in the division who is unlikely to grapple him, even if in trouble is just Anderson and his team brilliantly cherry picking a path for him as they always have.

Thats why Anderson Cherry picked DC without the title on the line and Brunson.

...wait ...

He'll probably test positive for steroids again and won't even fight.
FQxzivH.gif

Thats why Anderson Cherry picked DC without the title on the line and Brunson.

...wait ...
I've already pointed out how picking DC was the biggest cherry pick ever. 100% upside and almost 0% downside for Anderson in that fight. Everything to gain and nothing to lose. Aa win there makes him legend. beyond anything he accomplished prior. Much like Sonnen and Vitor jumping at the chance to fight Jones on short notice.

Some dupes on this site thought that made Sonnen and Vitor brave and said it was an embarrassment to the LHW who turned it down. But again that is because many people are dumb. If you are an established LHW who has fought his way up the ranks and earned your shot, you don't want to take a last minute fight where you won't be your best and lose and blow your chance. But for Sonnen and Vitor (like Anderson with DC) it was a cherry picking gift.

I've already pointed out how picking DC was the biggest cherry pick ever. 100% upside and almost 0% downside for Anderson in that fight. Everything to gain and nothing to lose. Aa win there makes him legend. beyond anything he accomplished prior. Much like Sonnen and Vitor jumping at the chance to fight Jones on short notice.

Some dupes on this site thought that made Sonnen and Vitor brave and said it was an embarrassment to the LHW who turned it down. But again that is because many people are dumb. If you are an established LHW who has fought his way up the ranks and earned your shot, you don't want to take a last minute fight where you won't be your best and lose and blow your chance. But for Sonnen and Vitor (like Anderson with DC) it was a cherry picking gift.

Silva could have been tossed around like a rag doll and had his head bashed in, choked out and humiliated and finished.

You are only saying he had nothing to lose because he came out of that fight without a scratch against a powerful and huge LHW who is really a HW.

You act like most people who fight DC don't get seriously F'd up.

Silva could have been tossed around like a rag doll and had his head bashed in, choked out and humiliated and finished.

You are only saying he had nothing to lose because he came out of that fight without a scratch against a powerful and huge LHW who is really a HW.

You act like most people who fight DC don't get seriously F'd up.

that is not the point. Fighters can lose any fight. They accept the risk of being horribly finished in every fight.

Do you think Conor lost anything in his fight with Floyd? That fight was nothing but upside for Conor. In a loss, oh well everyone expects him to lose and he gets rich. If somehow he pulls off the miracle win he is legend. Same for Anderson re Cormier. It would have taken his status to an entirely different level and in a loss 'oh well he was never supposed to win that anyway'.

Sonnen was finished by Jones. Vitor was finished by Jones. No one thinks those losses impact their legacy as no one expected them to win in those step ups to the higher division. And Jones f*cks people up to.

And I guarantee you that if we get another last minute fight cancellation in a new Jones run it will again be MW jumping to get the title shot as they really have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Or if you prefer so comparatively little to lose compared to the upside they could gain that it is no brainer.

Anyone willing to take the leap of faith?

https://www.bestfightodds.com/fighters/Anderson-Silva-38

Open | Worst | Best
+280 +325 – +461 +26.9%▲ UFC 234: Whittaker vs. Gastelum
-400 -661 – -460 Feb 9th 2019

expect those odds to get even worse as the fight draws closer. It's crazy to me that Anderson actually took this fight being this far past his prime. Even at his absolute peak this is a ridiculously tough fight for him that he may very well have lost even then.
To be fair on paper Brunson was suppose to be a much tougher opponent for AS and even if it was a gift decision AS kept it close enough to get gifted.

that is not the point. Fighters can lose any fight. They accept the risk of being horribly finished in every fight.

Do you think Conor lost anything in his fight with Floyd? That fight was nothing but upside for Conor. In a loss, oh well everyone expects him to lose and he gets rich. If somehow he pulls off the miracle win he is legend. Same for Anderson re Cormier. It would have taken his status to an entirely different level and in a loss 'oh well he was never supposed to win that anyway'.

Sonnen was finished by Jones. Vitor was finished by Jones. No one thinks those losses impact their legacy as no one expected them to win in those step ups to the higher division. And Jones f*cks people up to.

And I guarantee you that if we get another last minute fight cancellation in a new Jones run it will again be MW jumping to get the title shot as they really have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Or if you prefer so comparatively little to lose compared to the upside they could gain that it is no brainer.

I disagree. we see HOW you lose differently ... its cool.

I disagree. we see HOW you lose differently ... its cool.
So you buy into SOnnen and Vitor being BRAVE when they jumped to fight Jones last minute when no LHW were jumping?

You do not understand that LHW who have spent time earning a title shot have a lot to lose going into a last minute fight without a full training camp and not fully prepared and that MW fighters who are not in the LHW pool have nothing to really lose and everything to potentially gain in a win over Jones?

Both Sonnen and Vitor risked getting smashed and finished by Jones but they did not care about compared to the chance (no matter how slim) to pull off a miracle win and get the glory of grabbing the belt over a dominant champ. That Matt Serra moment.

Anyone willing to take the leap of faith?

https://www.bestfightodds.com/fighters/Anderson-Silva-38

Open | Worst | Best
+280 +325 – +461 +26.9%▲ UFC 234: Whittaker vs. Gastelum
-400 -661 – -460 Feb 9th 2019

expect those odds to get even worse as the fight draws closer. It's crazy to me that Anderson actually took this fight being this far past his prime. Even at his absolute peak this is a ridiculously tough fight for him that he may very well have lost even then.
He took a fight against Cormier on 2 days notice so this shouldn’t be that surprising.

I have silva knocking izzy out in the first or second round. People forget who silvas training with.

And more importantly as good as izzy is. He has a glass jaw.

Lmao you guys act like this fight won't get cancelled.
It wont be theyre both fighting for a title fight and silva will fight injured like he has done in previous fights.. Fuck boy you dont know who silva is?

There's a late shift in the betting odds. People are starting to realize Adesanya's record wasn't vetted properly.

Back