Anderson Silva Landed Only 13 Strikes in his Fight Against Forrest Griffin

He is former world champion, a TUF winner, a hall-of-famer, and he has some decent wins on his resume. If he's not top caliber then very few are. Winning a world title in the UFC separates you from the pack. I feel like the best way to phrase it is simply Griffin had very few physical gifts or tools and he started training very late. It is amazing he made it as far as he did. Most fighters won't make it as far as he did. I wasn't particularly a huge fan of his when he was active but I've grown to respect the guy for doing what he could given what he had to work with. In that regard I feel he overperformed.

yes, he was. Forrest was a champion at LHW. If you want to say he wasn't the BEST LHW, sure, I agree. But to suggest Forrest wasn't a top caliber fighter when he was champion literally 6 months before this is beyond stupid.

Like I said initially...

Forrest was a tough fighter and he won a decision against a declining Rampage to win the belt. Then lost the belt to Rashad by TKO the very next fight.

Not taking anything away from him. In fact, I use to like Forrest back since his days at TUF.

I simply stated my opinion, that Forrest wasn’t on the same level/caliber as Anderson and that ass whooping was inevitable.

A similar example I can give is:

Matt Serra isn’t on the same level/caliber as GSP.

Matt is also a former champ, which I don’t take away from him but my statement remains true.

People are still pretending that Forrest is a good fighter?

Not surprised to see RedCawks in here

So a “not top caliber” opponent was the LHW champion and beat the #1 LHW back to back? Haha. You kids just don’t think before you say stupid shit.

Don’t be so emotional...

I dont care for peds.

Silva is the GOAT in my eyes. Resume, KO ratio, + greatest highlight reel makes him the GOAT.

He was such an artist in there. It felt like at any moment he could finish it with any part of his body.

People are still pretending that Forrest is a good fighter?

Not surprised to see RedCawks in here
If Forrest wasn’t a good fighter then 205 was an absolute can division lmao

Weirdo kids like you can’t handle facts

Griffin was pretty much done. They fought at their peaks and Griffin won.
Shogun showed his prime he wasn't at his best at their first fight doesn't matter if he was younger
Forrest did well vs a sloppy shogun and I suppose same in rematch from rua
Forrest head wasn't there his wife just gave birth ?
But that's how the fight goes most times in prime imo

I dont care for peds.

Silva is the GOAT in my eyes. Resume, KO ratio, + greatest highlight reel makes him the GOAT.

He was such an artist in there. It felt like at any moment he could finish it with any part of his body.
Shame peds ruined his legacy

Andy was supposed to fight Rashad but he couldn't do it ?

honestly I don't remember, but I know they gave Anderson this fight because it was a showcase fight for him. Forrest was not a can or some scrub like some are suggesting itt. But he was built for Anderson to destroy. He's a slower, less powerful version of Rich Franklin imo.

Facts = emotional?

No

Calling grown men “kids” online when they state an opinion you don’t agree with is emotional.

The “facts” are that Forrest submitted a fading Shogun and decisioned a fading Rampage then got TKO’d when he fought Rashad.

The only other notables wins in his career are Stephan Bonner and Chael Sonnen.

He was 19-7 and yes -> he’s not on the same caliber/level as Anderson Silva.

It has different effects on people. I was a complete maniac while taking xans and going out drinking years back. Got arrested for battery at a bodega (would've been twice if I hadn't run two blocks with one shoe on the first time), busted the windows out of my ex-girls sisters car and some more ridiculous bullshit I wont get into. ALL because of me being a big anough dumbfuck to mix booze with benzos
Fixed

Anderson was the #1 ranked WW in 2001

Became the MW GOAT

and moved up and embarrassed former LHW champ

P4P GOAT imo

No

Calling grown men “kids” online when they state an opinion you don’t agree with is emotional.

The “facts” are that Forrest submitted a fading Shogun and decisioned a fading Rampage then got TKO’d when he fought Rashad.

The only other notables wins in his career are Stephan Bonner and Chael Sonnen.

He was 19-7 and yes -> he’s not on the same caliber/level as Anderson Silva.
Lol no the facts are he beat the #1 LHWs back to back

Who was on the level of Anderson at the time? Lol

honestly I don't remember, but I know they gave Anderson this fight because it was a showcase fight for him. Forrest was not a can or some scrub like some are suggesting itt. But he was built for Anderson to destroy. He's a slower, less powerful version of Rich Franklin imo.
Completely agree
But get called hating and discrediting andy
There is a thing as a good match ups folks
Gsp/ hardy example
Fedor tim

Back