Anderson Silva Landed Only 13 Strikes in his Fight Against Forrest Griffin

Like I said initially...

Forrest was a tough fighter and he won a decision against a declining Rampage to win the belt. Then lost the belt to Rashad by TKO the very next fight.

Not taking anything away from him. In fact, I use to like Forrest back since his days at TUF.

I simply stated my opinion, that Forrest wasn’t on the same level/caliber as Anderson and that ass whooping was inevitable.

A similar example I can give is:

Matt Serra isn’t on the same level/caliber as GSP.

Matt is also a former champ, which I don’t take away from him but my statement remains true.

oh ok, so you have to be considered one of the top 5 best fighters of all time to be considered a top caliber fighter?

Lol no the facts are he beat the #1 LHWs back to back

Who was on the level of Anderson at the time? Lol
Not many .
But there were more dangerous match ups
Shogun . Rashad but we know about that
Forrest fight was perfect way to sling shot andy back to no 1 and most impressive. They were competing with fedor at time
He'd never fight machida or rua back then
FairPlay he has stepped now but he has to get back his legacy

oh ok, so you have to be considered one of the top 5 best fighters of all time to be considered a top caliber fighter?
giphy.gif

Goes to show that effective striking isn't necessarily the amount of stikes landed

Hypothetically speaking if vs Silva, forest landed all the strikes he did on rampage and still got koed after Silva only landing 13 strikes who was more effective?

Anderson was the #1 ranked WW in 2001

Became the MW GOAT

and moved up and embarrassed former LHW champ

P4P GOAT imo
Too many losses and vs mediocre competition
His loss to takase ruin it imo
He got destroyed too
Be Like fedor getting whooped by yanagasiwa

Imagine fighting on Xanax lol.
Actually not that hard. You’re very relaxed in there. With a grind it out style, you’re not really in any danger because you don’t rely on reflexes.

Everyone seems to forget how much bigger Forrest was than Anderson. That does mean something especially when it comes to striking.

About half the people on sherdog thought Forrest would win that fight.

Duane Ludwig landed 1 strike against that canadian with the colorful hair.

People these days will shit on this win and say Anderson was clearly going to win it

Go back and look at threads prior to this fight. Lots of people thought Forrest would be too big for him.

Too many losses and vs mediocre competition
His loss to takase ruin it imo
He got destroyed too
Be Like fedor getting whooped by yanagasiwa

GOATs aren’t defined by losses. By their achievements. Anderson and GSP are the two most accomplished fighters imo

Yea where he lost the belt to Rashad Evans... lol
You're not suggesting that Rashad wasn't a top tier opponent are you? Because that would be some revisionist shit. Rashad was a beast.

Forrest was also on Xanax during that fight. And it's perfectly clear that Silva is a natural LHW. I don't blame GSP for not wanting to fight Silva. GSP went up in weight and fought a natural MW in Bisping, and won the MW belt. That same Bisping beat SIlva. GSP trumps Silva in GOAT status, and its not even close. Silva is also a PED cheat.

You're not suggesting that Rashad wasn't a top tier opponent are you? Because that would be some revisionist shit. Rashad was a beast.

Nah, quite the opposite.

Rashad was a beast back then and him and Forrest came up around the same time.

I was suggesting that Forrest wasn’t top tier on the level of Anderson and that his ass whooping by the hands of Anderson was inevitable.

Back