• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anderson reveals rib injury in the fight against Weidman - "I was 85%"

To the people saying he said it wasn't an excuse for his performance so why criticize Anderson for saying he was injured, this is the same thing as when fighters say "I'm not making any excuses but..." and then go on to make an excuse. Anderson knows whether or not he says it had nothing to do with his performance his fans will latch onto this and use it as an excuse, he should have just declined to talk about it. I recall Cain trying to be goaded into making an excuse about his injury in the first JDS fight many times by reporters and Cain never wanted to talk about it. Also, the fact that Anderson says "I'm glad you asked that question," should tell you he is trying to make an excuse while at the same time claiming he isn't. Why else would he care that the reporter asked him that?

Is he trolling again?

Remember his rib before Sonnen?

Should it be "healthy rib Silva" now?

i dont know who of you has done MMA before but i can tell you, going into a fight with no injury affecting you in some way is more the exeption than the rule. the training up to such fights is pretty rough. Using injury as excuse doesnt quite cut it

"i was 85% so i decided to play around"

makes sense andy, just show up to fight in the rematch please

I think Big Nog left this at Anderson's hotel room after 162

314178_10200320800720524_1999142845_n.jpg

If Anderson was really trolling, I think he would have said something like 87% or even added a decimal in there. Any answer he gives is going to be considered making excuses unless he flat out says: "Weidmen was better that night." Which he's not going to say at this point because he's hyping the next fight.

He's gotta be trolling, otherwise he's an excuse making turd.

Of course he is . Look at his comments about super fights being stupid after he had said previously he wanted a bunch of then.:icon_lol:

This is getting out of hand. Anderson got caught with his hands down, that is all there is too it. There comes a time where you understand conceptually that you don't ever go into in MAM fight at 100 % health and so this becomes colossally pointless. Weidman was the better man that night and considering that Anderson may finally be seriously slowing down, Weidman will most likely be the better man again.

I am 75% certain he's trolling

What does his rib have to do with him dropping his hands, under estimating his opponent and getting clocked on the chin?

Movement was fine....Check
Breathing looked normal....Check
Hands down by his chest....Check
Chin out....Check
KO'd....Check

Love Anderson Silva and he is one of the GOATS and is the GOAT at 185 but making excuses after a fight is just ridiculous.

Ohh snap, cant believe he just said that, 85% ...smh

Why are any of you surprised/pissed off when someone reveals an injury? I guarantee 9/10 fighters are around 85 to 90% going into a fight. Im sure most training camps cause a twisted ankle, hurt ribs, etc..

He didn't use it as an excuse at all, he simply said he hurt the rib and wasn't 100%. If he said "I lost because of a hurt rib", then by all means give the guy hell for it. Anderson has taken this defeat very well, has been humble and admitted Weidman beat him straight up and that he needs to improve for the rematch.

Hope the rematch is a great fight and WAR Andy!!!

Back