Anderson reveals rib injury in the fight against Weidman - "I was 85%"

He didn't get punched in the rib. He got knocked out because he was being stupid. His rib had nothing to do with it.

has a Brazilian ever lost without an injury....

thems some excuse makin mofos

Shogun. Probably one of the few guys that actually have a valid exuse. Such a true warrior and humble guy, how some people can hate him is beyond me.

He was functioning at around 87.5% actually. I just did the precise calculations.

... you know that from now on, you will be branded a SIlva nuthugger by most in here, right??? (despite if you like him or not) :icon_lol:

Sad, but true. :icon_neut

He didn't get punched in the rib. He got knocked out because he was being stupid. His rib had nothing to do with it.

What bizarre logic lol. By your own logic, if a fighter competes w/ torn ACL and gets KO'd, as long as that fighter did not get hit in the ACL that ACL injury had nothing to do w/ the defeat.

Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Anderson gets his belt back December 28th.

Man, how quickly your greatness is forgotten (or dismissed) after a single loss, all the credentials, accolades, unforgettable moments, championships won, all lost. Indeed, blind hate and the eagerness to witness a mans fall from grace just exacerbates the unbridled enmity of possibly the greatest mixed martial artists of all time. Miraculously, a guy can have a stunning 16 consecutive wins 10 title defenses and 12 post-fight bonus awards, but in this modern what have you done for me lately era, just one loss and you are hot garbage son.

lol people were dispelling his greatness before he lost

Search through almost any GOAT thread

I pause briefly, before anyone decides here and now to cease reading having pegged me as an Anderson Silva fanboy whiteknighting for my hero. **INNT!!! Game show buzzer [X] sound** Wrong!! Your assumption is not only unfounded -- it is dead wrong. Check my post history, I'm no Andy fanboy & like Weidman all the same. Actually I bet on Weidman in the initial fight. Essentially, all I'm doing by posting this message is dropping my one single bead of water in the ginormous Anderson Silva hate filled bathtub that is Sherdog. That said, it just so happens that I would be more inclined to pull the plug and let the water (or hate) seep out than participate in flooding the bathroom - and I would do the same for Weidman in this ludicrously manufactured hater festival.

The drain is clogged with shit. Pulling the plug won't matter.

Placing it into context, Anderson was not making excuses directly after the loss nor was he making YouTube clips in a shameless attempt to discredit his opponents legitimate victory -- as hard as it is to believe, he simply answered a question in which there were myriad rumors about heading into the fight. Namely, speculation that Anderson had sustained a pretty severe rib injury. Indeed, all fighters come in banged up, but there are injuries -- and then there are injuries. Most likely we will never know the severity of this injury or what its impact on the outcome was, (if any at all) however, to castigate the former champ for candidly mentioning it in an interview is a bridge too far IMO.

It's weird how any time Anderson gets dominated, his ribs are hurt. He shouldn't have spent so much time laughing at Chris and calling him unworthy.

Regarding the rib injury itself: Undoubtedly, any way you slice it, it was a no win situation for Anderson from the get-go. Certainly had he not taken the fight he would have been called a chicken, a coward, and a punk who was intentionally ducking Chris Weidman. Following the Jon Jones debacle of UFC 151, for a fighter like Anderson to pull out of a main event for anything less than a gunshot wound to the head would not only draw the ire of the boss, his fans, and his nation, but also the mixed martial arts community as a whole. Fact is, be it in his best interest or not, injury be damned, Anderson manned up and took the fight anyhow -- perhaps it was hubris or perhaps it was simply not a debilitating enough injury to postpone the dance. Who knows but Anderson? That is why he was setting the record straight.

You sound like a Silva spokesperson here. Just the way it reads. I know you refuted that claim earlier. The bolded question should've been your answer. It is completely overshadowed by the rest of this paragraph.

Sadly though, there is no such thing on Sherdog as rationale; rather, every explanation regarding a fighters health after a loss is met with illogical cynicism -- warranted or not. Indeed, it is excuses as opposed to explanations, for not only is Anderson Silva a weak chinned fighter who has been shucking and jiving against inferior competition for nearly a decade -- it just so happens that the duplicitous Brazilian is also a liar. Generally speaking humans get the benefit of the doubt unless they are proven to be habitual liars, however, this is not the case in MMA. Unfortunately, MMA competitors are held to a higher standard than the general public by their "loyal" MMA fan base.

Sad really.

Yes, it is. Welcome to Sherdog.

What's up with Brazillian making excuse whenever they lose ?

Just like how he had a rib injury when Chael beat his ass for 4.5 rounds. Did he have a rib injury when Chonan or Daiju Takase, Daiju fuckin Takase, subbed him in highlight reel fashion. Of course, not so many people have seen those ones, but I fully expect him to claim he had cancer or super AIDS if those come to light.

For the second (that I know of) time in his life, Anderson reveals that he does not know what a truly broken rib is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back