Anderson hasnt legit won a fight in 8 years (2012 VS Bonner)

I didnt say he was KO’d, it was tthe other guy. Thats just a knock down.
Hey, you’re the guy from the other thread lol.
Anyway, not bitching about the win, i coupdnt care less who won in that fight. I’m just adding to the topic that it cant be used as an excuse for Silva to stay active.

which reminds me, wonder what shinanigans Tyson is gonna pull against Roy Jones in their exhibition soon.
Someone need to tell Tyson this is an exhibition dude...like..yknow?

I get the feeling they will make a documentary about the Tyson RJJ fight,in anticipation of the absolute bat shit insane things what will come of it. Hope no one dies.

Someone need to tell Tyson this is an exhibition dude...like..yknow?
The man was literally crying when Leonard was interviewing him about it.. the look in his eyes was like “oh boy, this is gonna be worse than Evander’s garlic sauce covered ear lobe.”

Reactions: HHJ
The man was literally crying when Leonard was interviewing him about it.. the look in his eyes was like “oh boy, this is gonna be worse than Evander’s garlic sauce covered ear lobe.”
I mean

Tyson is a tortured soul trying to keep himself tame with drugs.
But when he reflects on things while hes high on that show,not just the RJJ stuff...you can tell this guy has some serious demons,that he cant destroy or outrun. But he has the old man wisdom to try to keep them at bay...

but him wanting to fight again,seems to awakened the good as well as the bad. He has a new purpose,but some things might be left chained in the basement...

I tend to agree but I think that Herb Dean is an awful ref. I've seen several examples of him allowing shots when the probe opponent was out cold.

Bisping was hardly out cold tbf. If you watch the fight back, the bell goes right as Bisping is crumpled and on his way down, Anderson starts celebrating and Bisping immediately looks over at Herb Dean and starts berating him for his shitty officiating. He was hurt and rocked for sure, but he was aware enough to pick out Herb and give him a piece of his mind.

Because his fans will still tune in to watch him,and they dont want bellator to have him.
Same reason why arlovski and the reem still have jobs
Reem stil has a job because he keeps winning when they expect him to lose. Then they think he might actually be a contender again and he proceeds to lose immediately.
Agree with Arlovski though.

The main point is this.
If its OK that Silva resorted to win by fighting THAT cheaply,then no one should bitch that Herb Dean checked Bisping,found him OK to continue,and shut down that ridiculous forced celebration by Anderson.

If you believe Bisping was ko'd then Anderson should have had no problem taking him out in rd 4,where Bisping outworked him again lol

He was one or two punches from being Ko'd, Anderson is an amazing finisher, your kidding if you think he wouldn't KO Bisping after that knee.

But Bisping was never elite anyway, he was the only reason GSP unretired.

It is what it is.

Romero cheated against Kennedy and got the win due to the ref.

Shit happens all the time .

Lol that is objectively not how the scoring works.

Yes it is, effective striking scores damage higher than volume. Bisping landed a whole 2 more strikes than Anderson in round 3 but he almost got KOed. How can you score that round for Bisping based on the scoring criteria? That makes absolutely no sense the entire round was striking and Anderson's striking was more effective.

Ok, it was a barrage of punches leading to a probable concussion that would have been ruled a TKO under unified MMA rules, but on "the streets" would have resulted in brain damage or death.
But it wasn't a barrage of punches? Not only was there no punches, it wasn't a barrage.

Because his fans will still tune in to watch him,and they dont want bellator to have him.
Same reason why arlovski and the reem still have jobs

Overeem and Arlovski are spectacular even in defeat. A lot of Anderson’s fights in that run were underwhelming. Almost like sparring sessions

Yes it is, effective striking scores damage higher than volume. Bisping landed a whole 2 more strikes than Anderson in round 3 but he almost got KOed. How can you score that round for Bisping based on the scoring criteria? That makes absolutely no sense the entire round was striking and Anderson's striking was more effective.
You said getting hurt at the very end of a round you were winning should turn it into a 10-8 for the other guy. That's simply NEVER been the case under the old or new scoring criteria.

to come back from that leg injury and use it to kick again is very impressive.

You said getting hurt at the very end of a round you were winning should turn it into a 10-8 for the other guy. That's simply NEVER been the case under the old or new scoring criteria.

I did not say that at all, you misread what I wrote. I said that Bisping was winning round 3 but he lost it in the last 30 seconds due to almost getting KOed. I never said that Anderson won that round 10-8.

Last edited:
I did not say that at all, you misread what I wrote. I said that Bisping was winning round 3 but he lost it in the last 30 seconds due to almost getting KOed. I never said that Anderson won that round 10-8.
I think I did mix your post with someone else's while skimming through. It's early lol. That's my bad.

I do stick by my overall point though. People do regularly win rounds if they were controlling the round and are then hurt by a strike at the very end of the round. People also regularly win rounds where they are controlling the round, are dropped in the middle of it, and then resume controlling the round.

I think I did mix your post with someone else's while skimming through. It's early lol. That's my bad.

I do stick by my overall point though. People do regularly win rounds if they were controlling the round and are then hurt by a strike at the very end of the round. People also regularly win rounds where they are controlling the round, are dropped in the middle of it, and then resume controlling the round.

It depends how badly they get hurt. A very similar thing happened in Jones vs Gus 1 where Gus was winning the majority of round 3 I think then he got badly hurt and was eating punches for the last minute or so of the round and I did a 2 point swing on that one too from Gus 10-9 to Jones 10-9 due to the near finish. If it's just a flash knockdown that doesn't cause a lot of damage then I normally score it for the guy who won the majority of the round, it varies depending on how bad the knockdown and/or damage was.

It depends how badly they get hurt. A very similar thing happened in Jones vs Gus 1 where Gus was winning the majority of round 3 I think then he got badly hurt and was eating punches for the last minute or so of the round and I did a 2 point swing on that one too from Gus 10-9 to Jones 10-9 due to the near finish. If it's just a flash knockdown that doesn't cause a lot of damage then I normally score it for the guy who won the majority of the round, it varies depending on how bad the knockdown and/or damage was.
It is pretty subjective though as you're alluding to. It can really go either way and there's no hard and fast rule.

Back