Anderson hasnt legit won a fight in 8 years (2012 VS Bonner)

Silva should retired before that loosing strike. He could invested his time more in coaching. But he was great during his prime.

Curiously enough, has not won a single fight since random drug testing was introduced.
Are you implying Anderson was on steroids?
200.gif

A knee dropping him at the last moment of the round shouldn’t guarantee Anderson that round. What about the previous 4 and a half minutes??

Bisping was winning the round 10-9 but he didn't do much damage and the judging criteria says that damage is more important than volume. Bisping landed 2 more strikes in round 3 but got dropped and nearly KOed, that matters way more than 2 extra strikes. Octagon control and aggression don't matter if the striking isn't even and it wasn't so you have to score the round for Anderson since his striking was far more effective cause he almost ended the fight. It's very strange that you didn't score round 4 for Bisping either cause that was one of Bisping's best rounds.

I'm not ignoring what happened in the first 4 and a half minutes, it just doesn't trump a near finish when the striking numbers are almost equal.

Last edited:
If he wouldntve celebrated but instead followed up with GnP he would've added to his highlight reel forever, viciously KOing an all time great in his home town. He would regain some confidence and maybe Bisping would never win the belt. The mma world is strange

But had Bisping lost that fight, he would be 5-5 in his last 10 and wouldn't have gotten another shot at Rockhold, or whoever holds the belt in that alternate reality; which means that Anderson's win wouldn't have been against an "all time great in his home town".
He would have probably gotten shat on for struggling to put away a "borderline can journeyman" like Bisping, and losing 3 rounds in the process.

"English crowd furious at Anderson for sucker-kneeing their local guy and celebrating his tainted victory like a jackass, vows to boycott any future PPV including the controversial Brazilian who tested positive for steroids in his latest bout; Dana White "disgusted" by Silva's actions, reveals that Anderson doesn't deserve the GSP fight that had secretely been in the making <{danayeah}> I have never been this fucking ashamed since Abu Dhabi! First he pisses hot against fucking WW Nick Diaz, and now this! When you need to cheaply cheat to win against has-been never-were like fucking Bisping and Diaz, you don't fucking belong in the GOAT discussion with studs like Mighty Mouse, Jose Aldo and GSP, whom Anderson has always tried to duck BTW; you'd never see me badmouthing true champions like them.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
But had Bisping lost that fight, he would be 5-5 in his last 10 and wouldn't have gotten another shot at Rockhold, or whoever holds the belt in that alternate reality; which means that Anderson's win wouldn't have been against an "all time great in his home town".
He would have probably gotten shat on for struggling to put away a "borderline can journeyman" like Bisping, and losing 3 rounds in the process.

"English crowd furious at Anderson for sucker-kneeing their local guy and celebrating his tainted victory like a jackass, vows to boycott any future PPV including the controversial Brazilian who tested positive for steroids in his latest bout; Dana White "disgusted" by Silva's actions, reveals that Anderson doesn't deserve the GSP fight that had secretely been in the making <{danayeah}> I have never been this fucking ashamed since Abu Dhabi! First he pisses hot against fucking WW Nick Diaz, and now this! When you need to cheaply cheat to win against has-been never-were like fucking Bisping and Diaz, you don't fucking belong in the GOAT discussion with studs like Mighty Mouse, Jose Aldo and GSP, whom Anderson has always tried to duck BTW; you'd never see me badmouthing true champions like them.
Protect yourself at all times. Maybe Michael shouldntve stopped fighting and point at his mouthpiece. Maybe Herb should've broke the action. Anderson certainly did not cheat though

. Anderson certainly did not cheat though
I know that, I was just being facetious. ;)

But, more seriously, after Dana was done with Anderson (if he decided to turn against him, like he turned on so many respectable fighters before), lots of people here would be parroting whatever he said if it fit their narrative of who the GOAT is.

GSP certainly had no problem fighting Anderson at 170, but there is a thread going on right now in which dozens of NPCs are just happy with repeating whatever bullshit Dana served them most recently (even if he has said the exact opposite in the past) and call it fact, because it matches who they think the GOAT should and shouldn't be.

He couldn't do shit to Ping before that and he realized it's either a suckery punch or he is going to lose badl

Landing that flying knee when Bisping thought the fight was stopped is the only thing Silva did in that fight

hmm..yeahh... that´s kindah inaccurate, tho... The whole technical sequence cant be reduced to that final blow.

Anderson has been fighting professionally for 23 years... Royce Gracie was still the #1 fighter in the world when Anderson started his career.

Last edited:
This isn’t talked enough IMO.

Anderson’s run has been can-level. How he hasn’t been cut from the UFC is beyond me
Because his fans will still tune in to watch him,and they dont want bellator to have him.
Same reason why arlovski and the reem still have jobs

Who cares, he got old. He still put on great performances against some solid fighters.

Who cares, he got old. He still put on great performances against some solid fighters.
I would not say any of those performances were great,unless you count great as not being koed

It was a clear TKO, but as the bell sounded, Bisping was allowed to continue.

On the street, Bisping is dead.

But it is what it is, and that's the fight game.
There is no such thing as a tko in the streets

There's this weird narrative that never dies out, that Silva could have knocked out Bisping. This is demonstrably false.

Silva does hit the knee and walk away without attempting any follow up and pretended he won, yes. Trouble with that is, the bell sounded just as Bisping's ass hit the ground. Truth is, there was NO time for a follow up, even if he wanted to. There was no chance for Silva to force a finish.

As for Bisping's consciousness and Herb stopping it? Bisping was yelling at Herb before Herb approached, before Herb cod have made contact and called it off, so there wouldn't be reason for a stoppage at that time either.

Watch the moment. Watch it again. Verify it. Commit it to memory. And please finally stop propagating this bullshit.

Still GOAT MW. He was born for this and can't help casuals dont know fighters age and slow. Is Normal.

I wouldnt put these two in the same category.

Ortiz was headbutting floyd against the ropes like a bitch. Then kept trying to apologize after the ref warned him. The ref told them to fight multiple times and ortiz was still standing there like a fucking idiot. He 100% deserved that punch.
The fact is, these guys should know better, especially Bisping, he's been fighting since day one.

Rookie error, but at least he didn't lose the fight because of it.

Any other minute for sure it would have been Anderson TKO (cheap tactic or not, rules are rules)

I learned my lesson my first amateur fight. Guy held his hand out to touch gloves and nodded at the beginning of round 3, then he cracked me in the mouth hard enough I lost my mouthpiece and fought the entire round without it.
Its always the same assholes.

One guy just got kicked out of our gym, during drills he would throw in random extra punches.

Made my day seeing him try and go hard against a guy who is fighting regularly, he was nearly crying at the end, pillar to post.

Back