Anderson hasnt legit won a fight in 8 years (2012 VS Bonner)

He fought top competition and now he is just old for the sport and inactive. Happens to everyone.

Landing that flying knee when Bisping thought the fight was stopped is the only thing Silva did in that fight but you thought he won the decision? That was a pathetic performance that he lost by doing NOTHING and rightfully so and if anything at all he got lucky landing that knee when Bisping wasn't expecting the fight was on. I think it's silly people still act like Anderson won that fight but Sherdoggers love that shit hahaha.
No I thought he won the TKO.

The fight wasn't stopped, protect yourself at all times.

He got lucky with the bell.

sucks man he should retire

Only official wins were Brunson which was a robbery and Nick which got overturned to NC for popping for steroids

i have respect for silva's skill set and what he's accomplished, however my views on him failing tests has tarnished his legacy, I feel he should've retired a long time ago.

Silva is just another example of a fighter who had the chance to stop while still on top or at least stop after the first or second loss. Except he did not do this and decided to keep fighting. Like many before him now he's chasing the fight so he can end on a win and has had no luck.

This is exactly the reason why I don't want gsp to come back, to risk fighting one more time and losing, to me having the choice to walk away on top or coming back for a big money fight and taking a risk and end up losing....I'd rather retire as a winner not a loser.

Like others before gsp and silva, both these men have had there time to shine as the goat but time has passed and too much risk is involved if they both continue to fight, much higher chance of losing as they aren't like they once were. Honestly gsp at this point did it the right way, left on top without leaving on a loss. In silva's case he can say he loves fighting and all that but at some point you have to care about your record/legacy especially when you keep losing like he has.

When is a knock down now considered a TKO? Be a hell of a lot of fights that would need the results overturned then
Rewatch it, bisping was done, if the bell didn't sound he was getting pounded out.

But it is what it is, that's MMA

Didn't he knee him in the face when he wasn't looking? Weird if Izzy or Jones did that they'd never hear the end of it.
If you're in a cage fight with Anderson Silva, against the cage, and the fight hasn't been stopped, and you decide to look away, U deserve to get knees in the face

Rewatch it, bisping was done, if the bell didn't sound he was getting pounded out.

But it is what it is, that's MMA

But the bell did sound, and Silva walked off like a dumbass. Had there been more time yes Silva could have taken the fight, but there wasn't and Bisping even went on to win the very next round.

But the bell did sound, and Silva walked off like a dumbass. Had there been more time yes Silva could have taken the fight, but there wasn't and Bisping even went on to win the very next round.

Yep that's life, bit of bad luck for Anderson and Bisping won't be th last fighter saved by the bell.

I remember Edgar getting carried to his corner half conscious aswell against Maynard .

That's how it goes, but also shows you how Anderson would have beat the MW champ had the round not ended

Yep that's life, bit of bad luck for Anderson and Bisping won't be th last fighter saved by the bell.

I remember Edgar getting carried to his corner half conscious aswell against Maynard .

That's how it goes, but also shows you how Anderson would have beat the MW champ had the round not ended

Oh I def do think Silva lost that fight more than Bisping won it. Esp in the fourth after the kockdown why Silva didn't go for the kill. Hell didn't he put his own back against the fence? It was a weird fight for sure, but the way it went down Bisping def deserved to have his hand raised.

For a 45 - year - old, Anderson certainly didn't look that bad for a round or two in there. Better than Tito or Chuck at that age, for sure.

I thought he beat Bisping but go unlucky with the round ending right when the TKO would have been called.

Either way, a MW GOAT, hespect on his name or geta a slap.
If he wouldntve celebrated but instead followed up with GnP he would've added to his highlight reel forever, viciously KOing an all time great in his home town. He would regain some confidence and maybe Bisping would never win the belt. The mma world is strange

Landing that flying knee when Bisping thought the fight was stopped is the only thing Silva did in that fight but you thought he won the decision? That was a pathetic performance that he lost by doing NOTHING and rightfully so and if anything at all he got lucky landing that knee when Bisping wasn't expecting the fight was on. I think it's silly people still act like Anderson won that fight but Sherdoggers love that shit hahaha.
Silva won most of the 1st n 2nd rd but got clipped last 10 seconds of both rds so judges gave both those rds to Bisping. 3rd rd is the rd Michael was clearly winning then got the flying knee at end so that was Silva's rd. 4th rd was clearly Bisping's then 5th rd clearly Silva's. It was a really close fight. Silva also hurt him bad with a front kick to the face

If he wouldntve celebrated but instead followed up with GnP he would've added to his highlight reel forever, viciously KOing an all time great in his home town. He would regain some confidence and maybe Bisping would never win the belt. The mma world is strange
It sure is. I doubt GSP would've unretired and became MW champ also.

What a world

Curiously enough, has not won a single fight since random drug testing was introduced.
Nah fuck that you cant take the brunson win from him. Brunsons didnt deserve to win

Silva nuthugger logic, he was desperate and resorted to sucker-kneeing bisping in the face when he wasn't looking.
No way dude, Bisping is a veteren and he shouldn't fall for that shit.

McGregor literally goes for the sucker punch every fight, if you get caught slipping you deserve it, especially against Anderson, one of the most opportunistic strikers of all time.

Rookie level shit

Its

The past few years have been sad to watch - not quite BJ Penn levels of sad but still sad (at least he is competitive for portions of fights).

Should have retired after the Weidman fight (2nd).

It's pretty clear that he used the steroids to help heal (remember everyone going on about how fast of a recovery he made).

That said, his fighting style didn't rely on over the top strength (steroids/trt) or high output and never getting tired(EPO).

Back