Anderson had two strange fights against Weidman...

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In the first one he looked out of his mind, doing stupid things and fighting crazy, ended up being koed... in the second he was losing and ended up breaking his leg in an unexpected and nasty injury... Could Anderson beat Weidman in a third fight? and what would be his chances against the todays top 5? Maybe this fight with Bisping will answer some questions.

I'd love a third fight. Each time Silva gets mauled by Weidman, the rage on Sherdog is incredible.

Silva did what he always did in the first fight, he just was fighting a superior fighter. He was getting smashed and headed for another KO in fight 2.

Nothing strange.

silva has done nothing since 2012 that proves he can win 15 seconds of a round against weidman, let alone a whole fight.

the leg break saved him from another concussion that was inevitably going to come. The guy was losing clinch battles against nick fkn diaz. His chin is toast, weidman would win and it would be easy.

Weidman has Silva's number... & I think the rest of the top 5 also beats him. Except for maybe Vitor just out of fear that he'll get his face kicked off again.

Can't believe these threads are still being made.

No doubt Wiedman was the better fighter those nights, but there's always going to be a sense of "what ifs" due to their outcomes. It's not a sentiment alien to everyone when even Rockhold himself claimed Wiedman "became a champion by being at the right place at the right time."

Anderson is old. Male bodies start deteriorating at age 32. Is normal

Anderson was past his prime in the first Weidman fight and he's way past it now... His chin just isn't what it used to be. There are plenty of great "legends" fights for him if he doesn't want to hang them up.

That dude has had a lot of strange fights

Silva did what he always did in the first fight, he just was fighting a superior fighter. He was getting smashed and headed for another KO in fight 2.

Nothing strange.
The level of crazyness in that first fight was unseen until that point imo!

fight 1: Silva gets caught doing what made Silva a champion.
fight 2: Silva's signature kick get's perfectly checked.

Nothing strange.

I thought the 2nd fight was becoming more competitive. Weidman clearly won the 1st round with the flash KO, but seemed to be slowing a little and losing his ability to land takedowns. Then Silva snapped his leg in half and it didn't really matter.

In the first one he looked out of his mind, doing stupid things and fighting crazy, ended up being koed... in the second he was losing and ended up breaking his leg in an unexpected and nasty injury... Could Anderson beat Weidman in a third fight? and what would be his chances against the todays top 5? Maybe this fight with Bisping will answer some questions.

I'd love to see a third fight, think Silva takes it

I thought the 2nd fight was becoming more competitive. Weidman clearly won the 1st round with the flash KO, but seemed to be slowing a little and losing his ability to land takedowns. Then Silva snapped his leg in half and it didn't really matter.

how the hell did you land that conclusion? weidman was on top the whole round after the knockdown, landed his hardest shots in the last 30 seconds of the round, and in the 2nd round blocked every strike and landed the hardest strike of the round (body kick). the 2nd only lasted 1 minute. Weidman was not slowing down whatsoever.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back