Anderson had two strange fights against Weidman...

Most agree that Anderson in his prime would beat Weidman. I doubt Anderson at 40 beats Bisping.
I hate to break it to you, but Weidman would dominate a 2006 Anderson. He's everything that Chael Sonnen wasn't.

Or D, a guy who watches MMA and saw Silva doing that same crap in a lot of fights. Can you show me what he did different?

He kinda did some of the same things in the maia fight. But thats it. Even in that fight he still used his feet. Footwork is nice..

I was screaming at the tv during that first fight. Being a big silva fan, my first reaction after the ko was: that ko loss was karma. Serve you right for that stupid clowning

Really says a lot about hero worship.
Well these are the same people who still refuse to admit that Anderson is a proven steroid cheat.

anderson fans refuse to see this, but he started clowning weidman in the first fight because he was getting destroyed. he was hoping to incite emotion from chris and get him to make a mistake. the second fight he stopped messing around, and almost got finished by strikes. anderson was a great champion, but i don't see any version of him beating chris. it's just a bad matchup for him.

He kinda did some of the same things in the maia fight. But thats it. Even in that fight he still used his feet. Footwork is nice..

I was screaming at the tv during that first fight. Being a big silva fan, my first reaction after the ko was: that ko loss was karma. Serve you right for that stupid clowning
So you admit it's stuff he did before. No need to go further.

So you admit it's stuff he did before. No need to go further.

Sure. He was stupid in one fight. I never denied that. I called you out on you claiming that he did the same in all fight.. When the truth is just one other fight.

Then again. I see your nickname. So we can agree on that this dont need to go any further.

Sure. He was stupid in one fight. I never denied that. I called you out on you claiming that he did the same in all fight.. When the truth is just one other fight.

Then again. I see your nickname. So we can agree on that this dont need to go any further.
I have no need to argue the point once you admit it was not something new to him, and is in fact something he has done before.

Man the hype behind Weidman is still alive. The same people who say Anderson never had anything for Weidman are the same who think non-spinning 100% Weidman will win the rematch with Rockhold in a dominant fashion.

It's so weird that although years has passed Anderson fans still can't get over Weidman besting Anderson twice.

I suppose a brutal embarrassing KO and a leg being snapped in half would be hard to forget

Still find it strange for him to lose twice in such strange circumstances.

Add the flying scissor heelhook and the dude just cant lose like normal people.

I hate to break it to you, but Weidman would dominate a 2006 Anderson. He's everything that Chael Sonnen wasn't.

I know a lot of guys also believe Weidman was better than Anderson in his prime, but I don't think he has looked very impressive in the majority of his fights, and prime Anderson looked incredibly fast and strong.

It will be interesting to see if the USADA also screwed Weidmans game, or if he just forgot to train cardio and strength before the Rockhold fight, and it was a one time mistake. I don't think we will see either Weidman nor Anderson in the top 5 again.

No doubt Wiedman was the better fighter those nights, but there's always going to be a sense of "what ifs" due to their outcomes. It's not a sentiment alien to everyone when even Rockhold himself claimed Wiedman "became a champion by being at the right place at the right time."
Na I just don't buy it, Anderson never showed he had anything for Weidman. If the leg break/clowning makes it any less legit of a win, then Rockholds win over Weidman doesn't count because of the spinning kick

I know a lot of guys also believe Weidman was better than Anderson in his prime, but I don't think he has looked very impressive in the majority of his fights, and prime Anderson looked incredibly fast and strong.

It will be interesting to see if the USADA also screwed Weidmans game, or if he just forgot to train cardio and strength before the Rockhold fight, and it was a one time mistake. I don't think we will see either Weidman nor Anderson in the top 5 again.
Really? MW isn't all that impressive outside of Weidman, Jacare, and Rockhold, and Romero if you want to include him. Machida looks old, Mousasi doesn't look interested, and Bisping and Silva are past it. I don't see Weidman anywhere outside the top 5 for a long time

I honestly can't believe people think Weidman was UTTERLY DOMINATING haha.

Shit happened to Silva. He overclowned. Usually he clowned but he counterattacked beforehand, which he didn't.
And if every checked kick broke a shin in the UFC...

But is normal for a P4P GOAT in entertainment altogether with Wandy maybe.

Back