Anderson had two strange fights against Weidman...

I thought the 2nd fight was becoming more competitive. Weidman clearly won the 1st round with the flash KO, but seemed to be slowing a little and losing his ability to land takedowns. Then Silva snapped his leg in half and it didn't really matter.
I think you need to watch it again. Weidman was winning the 2nd too. At no point did Silva look like he would win.

it's the only time silva did it after getten beaten up though.

every other time he did it he was handily in control. i think the chris spooked him
Because he never fought anyone who could beat him up.

Silva gave the first fight away. He was making Weidman look amateurish in the 2nd round until he got caught out with one step too much showboating. I think he will get the belt back.

Weidman looks deflated lately, I wouldn't count Silva out.

This all day. USADA Weidman isn't faring too well. Low Test, skinny as fuck, and subpar at best cardio that won't be getting better anytime soon.

fight 1: Silva gets caught doing what made Silva a champion.
fight 2: Silva's signature kick get's perfectly checked.

1. Silva made an absolute ass of himself against Weidman1, something he gets away with against the likes of Bonnar or Maia or Forrest. But notice he didnt do any of that shit against Hendo, Chael or Franklin etc. He didnt respect Weidman and got punished for it. He didnt get caught ''doing what made Silva a champion'' That's absolute nonsense.

2. Silva's signature kick is his low kick? Where does this come from? You're just making shit up. Same with a ''perfectly checked'' leg kick. There are thousands of ''perfectly checked'' leg kicks every year in Muay thai and kickboxing competition but leg breaks are extremely rare. It was a freak accident by definition. Obviously he badly lost the first round before that but its not like Silva hasnt been there before. He badly lost the first round or a big part of it to Chael in both fights, to Hendo, to Lutter, to Newton etc. And guess what, he won all those fights

I'd watch it, but it would be that rematch nobody asked for (Aside from you TS). I think Silva has no business fighting Weidman at all at this point. He's bad luck for him....

Meh I think Silva's done tbh. I'd love to see an epic ko over Bisping but even Bisping could take this fight. No way would Anderson have a chance against Weidman a 3rd time. The guy has Anderson's number. The only good thing bout Anderson losing a 3rd time would be i'd probably keep away from sherdog for a while

He was destroyed twice by weidman. Let them fight a third time, maybe he pulls a Rampage.

Those fights being flukes is the biggest myth I've ever seen on these forums.

First fight Anderson was losing the standup and the grappling. Out of desperation he goes into super troll mode to try to get Weidman to stand and trade, and promptly gets ktfo.

Second fight he is again losing everywhere, and decides to throw a full power kick when his leg is already injured, and with no setup.

He lost every second of every round of both fights, and both finishes were the result of mistakes he made out of desperation. Nothing flukey about that. To hear Andy fans tell it, he was beating his ass and slipped on a banana peel.

Most agree that Anderson in his prime would beat Weidman. I doubt Anderson at 40 beats Bisping.

Most likely lose again. Probably sub this time.

The first one he gave his best to Weidman in order to build a rivality.The second he was poisoned by Strontium. It does your bones very fragile.

Nah, was normal

Just give it up man, Silva is done. Even if he ktfo bisping in the first round, he's still done. No way is he beating Rockhold, weidman, jacare, or Romero

Most agree that Anderson in his prime would beat Weidman. I doubt Anderson at 40 beats Bisping.
I don't think that's the general consensus at all. I'd say most people would agree Weidman is a bad stylistic matchup for silva at any point in his career.

Back