Anderson Getting the Respect He Deserves(Long Read)

TheComebackKid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know maybe its the 3 year Anderson bash fest this site has put us through but it was really nice to see Bisping give Anderson the praise he deserves. Made me gain more respect for Bisping and I found myself being really happy for him. But it wasn't only Bisping but also the commentators, media outlets, and fans both hardcore and casual who were showing much hespect, heverence, and appreciation to one of the sports true greats.

For so long now trolls and haters have dominated any conversation that has to do with Anderson. They've tried to rob him of his legacy in everyway possible. They said his competition was weak and Weidman had already surpassed him as MW GOAT after 3 defenses. They said he was just a product of Zuffa hype. They accused him of being a life long steroid user. They tried to remove him from the GOAT discussion. They even tried to give his legacy to Lyoto Machida at one point claiming Lyoto was always better and would have reigned for 7 years had he been a MW. And on and on just non-stop.

Well, leading up to, during, and after the fight it was refreshing to see fans, commentators, other fighters, and media outlets giving Anderson the respect he deserves and in reality never lost. It was a nice reminder that the haters and trolls are just a vocal minority and that after years of bashing, smearing. losses, and scadal...when its all said and done...everyone still regards Anderson as arguably the best and most compelling mixed martial artist the world has ever known.

Great night and a great fight. Congrats Bisping! War Spider!!

Cliffs:

Anderson is GOAT.

161_Anderson_Silva_vs_Nick_Diaz.0.0.jpg

The guy who trashes GSP every chance he gets crying about silva haters

thanks for the laugh

Silva fights in a very disrespectful manner to his opponents and his fans, believes in his own delusional aura, and you want us to respect him?

It's a new low, kid.

The guy who trashes GSP every chance he gets crying about silva haters

thanks for the laugh

Speaking of haters and trolls...

GSP is one of the GOATs and I never trash him. The most I do is argue that he is not #1 because he couldn't finish his fights. Much respect to GSP as well as Fedor and JOnes.

Silva fights in a very disrespectful manner to his opponents and his fans, believes in his own delusional aura, and you want us to respect him?

It's a new low, kid.

You guys don't have to do anything. It was just refreshing to see the silent majority express their respect and appreciation for one of the sports greats.

Lol @ Goat. He has really tarnished his legacy the last few years . One of best mw 's ever that is all.

Cheaters don't really deserve respect.

People have been praising him since day one where have you been? At one time Anderson Silva had a bigger following than Islam and Christianity combined and he needs more praise?

People have been praising him since day one where have you been? At one time Anderson Silva had a bigger following than Islam and Christianity combined and he needs more praise?

Roiding and then using impotence as an excuse has a way of making even the biggest fans go to ground. I mean...

Dick drugs. Come on, now.

Anadrol Silva is good, there's no question but after his last performance, he's done. He's probably off of all PED's and well, like Kenny Shamrock(10 years ago), it's time to hang the gloves up.

Even if Silva did do PEDs it didn't make him a much better fighter,he is just a great fighter,probably a GOAT
BUT he is no sportsman,as seen in Dubai years ago. That's when he lost my respect. He couldn't have cared less about the fans,just messing around in the ring.
And he still doesn't . If this fight last night had happened pre-Weidman,he would have hurt Bisbing bad.
And i figured he would last night,like he almost did.
Silva has always been on a different level as a fighter but he has always been disrespectful to the fight fans,too

He doesn't deserve a lot of the disrespect and hate he gets but you call anyone who doesn't bow down and call him the clear GOAT a hater. You can't be taken seriously on this subject.

I guarantee there's plenty of fans like me who had as much admiration and found him as compelling as you did until we dropped a bunch of money to watch him fight Cote, Lietes and Maia and saw the disrespectful Un-Marital Artist like actions and performances. Dare I say when he firststarted to show his true colors. And I bet there's others who even after that showed him as much as respect as you do until other cocky actions and oh yeah getting popped for steroids.

You act like none of that happened or people started turning on him or hating him for no reason. You act like GSP, fedor and all kinds of fighters called great or with huge fanbases don't get massive amounts of hate and only Anderson does. I'd argue he deserve negative fan reaction more so then those two in relation to how he carries himself. Is that fair?

Zuffa hype and hyperbole has also contributed to fan hate. He's not the only one though Cain, pettis, GSP, Chuck have also felt that too. Look at the hate Ronda and Conor get. The funny thing is the biggest contributor to his hate are fans like you. Look at this guys post and his hardcore fans threads and posts from back before the Weidman fight and even before that. What a joke.

Even if Silva did do PEDs it didn't make him a much better fighter,he is just a great fighter,probably a GOAT
BUT he is no sportsman,as seen in Dubai years ago. That's when he lost my respect. He couldn't have cared less about the fans,just messing around in the ring.
And he still doesn't . If this fight last night had happened pre-Weidman,he would have hurt Bisbing bad.
And i figured he would last night,like he almost did.
Silva has always been on a different level as a fighter but he has always been disrespectful to the fight fans,too

You are right man. Pro athletes only ever take peds to get thier swole on and to have nice abs. They dont actually Enhance your Performance...... oh wait.....

This fight was super interesting because it makes you think about the rules and what MMA/UFC, the arena filling shows should be about. I thought Anderson was the better fighter. It's like he's a victim of his own style. He seems more confident countering, knowing not to give his opponents too much to counter. Bisping took that space and time Anderson gave him and took the decision away from him.

It would have been interesting to see if Anderson took a loss like this earlier in his career, assuming he became a more aggressive fighter. But why? Shouldn't a counter fighter of with that defensive ability and landing percentage be rewarded? No, because it could be very boring? Why is aggression rewarded at all when arguably the GOAT has proven not to really need it. It should be interesting the next few days reading the forums and sites until the UFC hype turns up again.

If you want HESPECT, you have to give HESPECT. Anderson NO GIVE HESPECT!!!!!!!

He doesn't deserve a lot of the disrespect and hate he gets but you call anyone who doesn't bow down and call him the clear GOAT a hater. You can't be taken seriously on this subject.

I guarantee there's plenty of fans like me who had as much admiration and found him as compelling as you did until we dropped a bunch of money to watch him fight Cote, Lietes and Maia and saw the disrespectful Un-Marital Artist like actions and performances. Dare I say when he firststarted to show his true colors. And I bet there's others who even after that showed him as much as respect as you do until other cocky actions and oh yeah getting popped for steroids.

You act like none of that happened or people started turning on him or hating him for no reason. You act like GSP, fedor and all kinds of fighters called great or with huge fanbases don't get massive amounts of hate and only Anderson does. I'd argue he deserve negative fan reaction more so then those two in relation to how he carries himself. Is that fair?

All GOATs get hate....thats part of the territory. But Anderson, along with Jones, catch a ridiculous amount of it and it turned way up since he lost the belt. Last night was a nice reminder that the haters and trolls are a vocal minority and most people appreciate Anderson Silva. That's all I'm saying.

Zuffa hype and hyperbole has also contributed to fan hate. He's not the only one though Cain, pettis, GSP, Chuck have also felt that too. Look at the hate Ronda and Conor get. The funny thing is the biggest contributor to his hate are fans like you. Look at this guys post and his hardcore fans threads and posts from back before the Weidman fight and even before that. What a joke.

I have no clue what you're talking about

All GOATs get hate....thats part of the territory. But Anderson, along with Jones, catch a ridiculous amount of it and it turned way up since he lost the belt. Last night was a nice reminder that the haters and trolls are a vocal minority and most people appreciate Anderson Silva. That's all I'm saying.

I have no clue what you're talking about
His banned substance abuse puts it all into question, unfortunately......

You always wonder how much of a difference it made.

Its like Henderson without TRT, he gets crushed every fight.

Back