An 8-Year-Old’s Rape and Killing Fuels Religious Tensions in India

So, let's forget about the amount of rape/cover up from Protestants against Catholics in American history, since I'm guessing that's also multi-culturalism and your anti-multiculturalism dictates that American should be divided into 500,000 states where all the possible ethnic diversities are separated.

What about class-based animus? What if rich guys rape a poor mooching deadbeat girl and then their rich friends in the court's protect them? Do we now have to keep cutting up societies once financial division starts?

You needed that gif to salvage feeling like a stupid piece of shit, huh?

In your uni-cultural United States, which one of the 500,000 states has a community stupid and shitty enough to lay claim to you?

Barack Obama was chastized and berated for mentioning 58 states imagine if he said 500,000 states

The language element is irrelevant. For example, my wife's parents speak 2 separate languages that the other can't speak or understand (their mother tongues) plus they share 2 languages (Bengali and Hindi). They are still the same ethnicity. In that part of the world, the language situation isn't what dictates ethnicity.

Do they say they’re the same ethnicity or you consider them the same cause they look similar?

Language/religion is big part of ones identify, therefore ethnicity

I know few Pakistanis n even though they all speak urdu (national language similar to Hindi) they all belong to different groups.

Don’t think you can call a Punjabi same as Pashtun

In Indian it’s even more complicated as there are even more groups/religions

Do they say they’re the same ethnicity or you consider them the same cause they look similar?

Language/religion is big part of ones identify, therefore ethnicity

I know few Pakistanis n even though they all speak urdu (national language similar to Hindi) they all belong to different groups.

Don’t think you can call a Punjabi same as Pashtun

In Indian it’s even more complicated as there are even more groups/religions

They say they're the same ethnicity. They are both Bengali but with different mother tongues. My wife, to take it a step further, is Bengali. she doesn't speak either of their mother tongues and is only passable in Hindi. And there are Bengalis who can only speak Hindi or only their mother tongue or live in Bangladesh or Kolkata. And there are Bengalis who are Muslim while others are Hindu (the muslims are in Bangladesh, the Hindus are in Kolkata).

The language element is simply far more complex than as an ethnic separator. In this case, the situation appears to be about religion which is a frequent point of conflict.

Terrible stories like this just make me sad more than angry.

I think that's a healthier response, to empathize with those mourning than to indulge in your hatred of the perpetrators.

yup...My heart goes out to the young little girl...no 8 year old should ever have to experience evil like this.

and then my sadness morphs to anger, just knowing that several people were complicit in this.

I can wrap my head around the idea of one person committing a terrible act like this. but knowing that several participated is fucking disgusting.

I wish the #metoo movement would address issues like this, of the mass instances of aggravated rape, and the lack of punishment these people receive in certain areas of the world.

yup...My heart goes out to the young little girl...no 8 year old should ever have to experience evil like this.

and then my sadness morphs to anger, just knowing that several people were complicit in this.

I can wrap my head around the idea of one person committing a terrible act like this. but knowing that several participated is fucking disgusting.
Not only that, its alleged that this was basically planned on a community level by the custodian of the temple and for a specific purpose; to drive out the Bakarwals. This is quite an ugly form of politics by another means.
I wish the #metoo movement would address issues like this, of the mass instances of aggravated rape, and the lack of punishment these people receive in certain areas of the world.
Indians should not rely on, nor do I think they need, outsiders to comment on or fix their problems. It is up to them to solve these issues.

Last edited:
yes and no...

some cultures are clearly compatible with others...

meanwhile, others are just so fu*king backwards and morally deficient...

I guess depends how similar 2 cultures are n how willing they are to be assimilated

Not only that, its alleged that this was basically planned on a community level by the custodian of the temple and for a specific purpose; to drive out the Bakarwals. This is quite an ugly form of politics by another means.

Indians should not rely, nor do I think they need, outsiders to comment on or fix their problems. It is up to them to solve these issues.

fu*k you for posting this story btw. ;)

Yea, and agreed on your second point.

I just wish more attention would be brought to this....and crimes like this.

I guess depends how similar 2 cultures are n how willing they are to be assimilated

I believe two cultures can be distinct in many areas from one another, yet share common core values and be able to engender a successful version of multiculturalism.

however there are certain "traditions", "practices' that have no business existing in the 21st Century

Can you actually make an argument or you just copy/paste “witty” comebacks you found on some libtard site?
This coming from the guy that said this...
You better not be a libtard n talk about indoctrination of others cause that would be ironic, sad n funny at the same time
Hypocrites tend to lack self-awareness, so they never realize they are guilty of what they accuse. This is what happens when you think with whiny emotions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Christ

Not her ethnicity, her religion.

The Muslims and the Hindus in India are all the same ethnicity. They're the same ethnicity as the Pakistanis, the Bangladeshi, the Nepalese, the Sri Lankans, etc.
Shh.. don't tell the Pakistanis that, they - and some Indians from NortWest India - think they are of superior racial stock to the general Indian and Bangladeshi population. One of the motivating factors in West-Pakistan (aka Pakistan) waging a brutal genocidal and rape campaign against East-Pakistan (aka Bangladesh) was the phenotypic and perceived racial difference of Bengalis from West Pakistanis. Ofcourse scientifically - as you allude to - they are all pretty similar, and the difference is a matter of degrees of admixture. It's a bit like how Mestizos with more European ancestry and or phenotype can be racist against Mestizos of more Amerindian ancestry.

India has its problems but its better off than many other post-colonial states. I think if they can reduce their staggering levels of poverty and corruption these kinds of communal tensions might not be so bad.

Re-read that. Of course it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't poor, corrupt and killed each other.

Barack Obama was chastized and berated for mentioning 58 states imagine if he said 500,000 states

What the shit???

So everytime you get spanked in WR you mention your daddy Obama to deflect the argument???

Lol

Re-read that. Of course it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't poor, corrupt and killed each other.
I guess I could worded that better. I meant that the poverty and corruption exacerbate the communal tensions. I suspect they'll always be there but hopefully they can one day get to a point where the rape and murder of an 8 year old isn't a communal controversy where one side comes to the defense of the perpetrators.

America has racial tensions but I like to think if this happened to a black girl here you wouldn't have white lawyers and police coming to the defense of the suspects solely for racial reasons or vice versa with a white girl and black suspect.

Not her ethnicity, her religion.

The Muslims and the Hindus in India are all the same ethnicity. They're the same ethnicity as the Pakistanis, the Bangladeshi, the Nepalese, the Sri Lankans, etc.
No, that's not how ethnicity is defined. While they may look similar to western eyes there are linguistic, genetic and cultural differences galore in the region. It's no different than in the former Yugoslavia where you had Croats, Bosniaks and Serbs.
Sometimes it's easy to see. Many Pashtuns look/are white while southern indians are black skinned.
ChFA9oQWkAApRfC.jpg

mix_1.jpg

America has racial tensions but I like to think if this happened to a black girl here you wouldn't have white lawyers and police coming to the defense of the suspects solely for racial reasons or vice versa with a white girl and black suspect.
Not white lawyers but I could see blacks rioting if a black killed and raped white girl and got killed by the police, for example, depending on the circumstances.

In fact, I'm quoting from "Paved with Good Intentions" a "white supremacist" book but you can research for yourself:
Biases like this are not always detected in time. At a murder trial in Washington, D.C., in 1990, the verdict of not guilty was so unexpected that the prosecutor gaped as it was read and the defendant fell over in his chair backward in his jubilation. The defendant was black, and so were all the witnesses. Three weeks later, one of the jurors caused a sensation at the court when he mailed in an anonymous letter. It explained that most of the jurors had thought the man was guilty but that a black-activist foreman had browbeaten them into a verdict of not guilty. The letter concluded with these words: "I let a man go free for murder with my vote, I hope God will forgive me."
When the Washington Post interviewed ten of the twelve jurors, it found that the activist had distributed literature from Louis Farrakhan's Nation of Islam and had worn a button supporting a separate nation for blacks. She insisted that society was to blame for all the ills of blacks, and she persuaded the other jurors not to send another young black man to jail. The defendant has since been indicted on another first-degree murder charge.

Muslims, Christians, Dalits are groups that are discriminated and targeted by the Hindu nationalists on a regularly basis in India!

If one could only reanimate the late Charles James Napier, who fought against sati (the burning of widows alive when their husbands had died) by erecting gibbets on which the perpetrators would be hung. It would be a suitable punishment for these wicked men and their protectors.

Western white-knighting.

Back