An 8-Year-Old’s Rape and Killing Fuels Religious Tensions in India

There is some hope though, I read that Hindu vigilantes who killed a Muslim guy for killing or transporting a cow to slaughter have all been given life sentences. Compare this with Pakistan where Hindus and Christians frequently get accused of blasphemy, givinig Muslim mobs an excuse to burn down their homes and ethnically cleanse the minorities. And the Pakistan government does nothing, because it shares the same hatefull sentiments of the masses. Occasionally a few brave Pakistanis object to the Blasphemy laws, like 1 previous Politician, but he got assassinated for opposing the law. His assassin saw large masses of demonstrators marching in support of him, lawyers throwing garlands on him, and religious figures calling him a Martyr. Even though the Pak government executed him, he has a huge support and following.

You better not be a libtard n talk about indoctrination of others cause that would be ironic, sad n funny at the same time
An argument only a mindless, indoctrinated, partisan soldier would make.

I think the violence in India is as strong an argument at any that religion and religious doctrine does not meaningfully inform the mores and norms of a people: economy does. I can't think of a more beautiful and profound religion than Hinduism, and yet....fuck, I can't understand a lot of what their society permits (this not being an example, obviously).
I'll admit that I'm not very well read on Hinduism and I'm open to the idea that its beautiful in many ways but the prevalence of the caste system makes it to me the most detestable of religions.
Aren't you American?
Yes, and? I don't agree with the death penalty here either.
India: Making me root for Pakistan of all places, since 1947.
Come on man, India is bad but not that bad. At least they are democratic, a lot more than can be said of Pakistan.
The Hindu-Muslim tension won't subside, cause the later raped, pillaged, looted and ripped off a large chunk of land from 'Hindus'. And while Pakistan and Bangladesh have effectively killed and or cleansed their Hindu and Christian minorities, India hosts almost 200 million Muslims. Then there is the dynamic of caste , with most Indian Muslims being from the lower castes, having converted to escape the barbaric Hindu caste social order. So hatred of Muslims is religious and caste based. And in Pakistan hatred of Hindus and Christians isn't just religious but caste based, like its cousin India. Then combine all this with Deobandism and Wahhabism and you have entrenched attitudes with both side feeling they are aggrieved. It's Fubared , but like the chaotic Indian traffic video that was a meme a few years ago, the chaos still manages to find some order in it. Well that's my 2 cents based on reading history, observing and talking with folks.

By the way I read a lot of ethnic forums; a few months ago I saw news of a child rape case in Pakistan, which exposed a pedophile rape ring. And saw on the news yesterday that an 8 year old was raped and then burned alive in Pakistan.
India is a lot better than Pakistan and Bangladesh though, I'm much more optimistic about her chances of working out these problems. It hasn't even been a century since they gained independence and they're still democratic. And Indian Muslims do not seem nearly as prone to radicalization as other Muslim populations. Honestly most of the time I wish India was never split, maybe they would've all been better off that way.

And I don't think its fair to just lay this on the Muslims. It wasn't a mosque this little girl was raped and killed in and Hindus have had their large scale atrocities against the Muslims as well. With Hindus as the majority and the rise of Hindu nationalism it probably goes more one way than the other.

Last edited:
Rape and kill a little girl in order to teach her people a lesson? Yeah, these guys need to hang. Same goes for the cops and lawyers protecting them. India is one messed up place. Rural India, anyways.
Reminds me of the Emmett Till murder but this girl was even younger than him, 8 to his 14. Who targets such a young child? Only a monster.
There is some hope though, I read that Hindu vigilantes who killed a Muslim guy for killing or transporting a cow to slaughter have all been given life sentences. Compare this with Pakistan where Hindus and Christians frequently get accused of blasphemy, givinig Muslim mobs an excuse to burn down their homes and ethnically cleanse the minorities. And the Pakistan government does nothing, because it shares the same hatefull sentiments of the masses. Occasionally a few brave Pakistanis object to the Blasphemy laws, like 1 previous Politician, but he got assassinated for opposing the law. His assassin saw large masses of demonstrators marching in support of him, lawyers throwing garlands on him, and religious figures calling him a Martyr. Even though the Pak government executed him, he has a huge support and following.
We've had like a thousand threads shitting on Pakistan, can we just talk about India instead for a little bit? If you want to complain about Muslim violence I'm sure there's plenty of examples within India, Muslims aren't exactly known to take violence like this lying down.

Terrible stories like this just make me sad more than angry.

Terrible stories like this just make me sad more than angry.
I think that's a healthier response, to empathize with those mourning than to indulge in your hatred of the perpetrators.

Reminds me of the Emmett Till murder but this girl was even younger than him, 8 to his 14. Who targets such a young child? Only a monster.

We've had like a thousand threads shitting on Pakistan, can we just talk about India instead for a little bit? If you want to complain about Muslim violence I'm sure there's plenty of examples within India, Muslims aren't exactly known to take violence like this lying down.
It's connected ; Pakistan invariably comes into the narrative when talking about the Hindu-Muslim problems in India. And discussing the communal problem means looking at recent and centuries/millennia old roots of the problem, which naturally involves Pakistan.

It's connected ; Pakistan invariably comes into the narrative when talking about the Hindu-Muslim problems in India. And discussing the communal problem means looking at recent and centuries/millennia old roots of the problem, which naturally involves Pakistan.
Yeah that's fair, just saying for the sake of novelty I'd rather talk about India. Also I find it less depressing, I still have hope for India. I feel like Pakistan is a lost cause for the short to medium term, destined for religious fanaticism and authoritarianism in that time frame.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/11/world/asia/india-girl-rape.html

This is a truly horrific crime but if it were only that and the justice system processed the accused without issue then it wouldn't be much of a story, patriarchal violence is unfortunately all too common in South Asia. But what does make this a story of note is that its causing a flare up in communal tensions.

I understand that the communal tensions in India can get hairy but I just hoped that everyone could agree that kidnapping, torturing, raping, and killing an 8 year old girl is plain evil and deserving of legal repercussions regardless of which community the accused and victim belong to. Apparently the police have gotten confessions from these guys. To be fair confessions are pretty suspect in India but there's also this

It would be one thing if these Hindu nationalists had reason to believe these men were innocent but the police seem to have a decent enough case to at least charge them and it really seems like they're defending these guys regardless of whether they think they're guilty or not. @Gandhi would not be proud....

Grr. The fucking hideous animals that did this. I have an 8 year old son.

I'll admit that I'm not very well read on Hinduism and I'm open to the idea that its beautiful in many ways but the prevalence of the caste system makes it to me the most detestable of religions.

Yes, and? I don't agree with the death penalty here either.

Come on man, India is bad but not that bad. At least they are democratic, a lot more than can be said of Pakistan.

India is a lot better than Pakistan and Bangladesh though, I'm much more optimistic about her chances of working out these problems. It hasn't even been a century since they gained independence and they're still democratic. And Indian Muslims do not seem nearly as prone to radicalization as other Muslim populations. Honestly most of the time I wish India was never split, maybe they would've all been better off that way.

And I don't think its fair to just lay this on the Muslims. It wasn't a mosque this little girl was raped and killed in and Hindus have had their large scale atrocities against the Muslims as well. With Hindus as the majority and the rise of Hindu nationalism it probably goes more one way than the other.
I didn't lay it on the Muslims only, I mentioned issues and attitudes from both sides. If I was blaming Muslims solely I would not have criticized the Hindu caste social order which is a dynamic at play here. The post wasn't about pickin a side, it was looking at grievances , perceived grievances and communal dynamics at play from both sides.

An argument only a mindless, indoctrinated, partisan soldier would make.

Can you actually make an argument or you just copy/paste “witty” comebacks you found on some libtard site?

N her ethnicity was the reason she was targeted

So guess who’s the moron after all?
Not her ethnicity, her religion.

The Muslims and the Hindus in India are all the same ethnicity. They're the same ethnicity as the Pakistanis, the Bangladeshi, the Nepalese, the Sri Lankans, etc.

I asked you to explain your position, since there was culturally-motivated crime of this sort in purely white, purely Christian America. I then preempted what I thought would be your shitty argument and converted it to class-based terms.

I'm sorry that you're not smart enough to defend your position or understand analogies made to aid your low IQ.

Yeah cause I’m sure we see 8 year old being used in western nations to send a message to another ethnic group...

Now about that low iq...

To quote Butters from the episode where Garrison is chasing his dick around:
"This hurts my brain... owww"

This is a truly horrific crime but if it were only that and the justice system processed the accused without issue then it wouldn't be much of a story, patriarchal violence is unfortunately all too common in South Asia. But what does make this a story of note is that its causing a flare up in communal tensions.

I understand that the communal tensions in India can get hairy but I just hoped that everyone could agree that kidnapping, torturing, raping, and killing an 8 year old girl is plain evil and deserving of legal repercussions regardless of which community the accused and victim belong to. Apparently the police have gotten confessions from these guys. To be fair confessions are pretty suspect in India but there's also this

It would be one thing if these Hindu nationalists had reason to believe these men were innocent but the police seem to have a decent enough case to at least charge them and it really seems like they're defending these guys regardless of whether they think they're guilty or not. @Gandhi would not be proud....

Its crazy over there even the Idians I know are appaled and admit that their culture is problenatic according to my buddy they don't have a dating culture as a girl going to pubs or bars is a major invitation for rape.

Not her ethnicity, her religion.

The Muslims and the Hindus in India are all the same ethnicity. They're the same ethnicity as the Pakistanis, the Bangladeshi, the Nepalese, the Sri Lankans, etc.

Not really

1st off religion along with language is part of ones identity

2nd there are 100 of different groups in that part of the world n they don’t speak the same language

Dude did you read the article? The reason they're "retaliating" against these Muslims is because they're grazing too close to a Hindu village. Lol, truly a horrific crime.

Jesus Christ can you lot just drop the incessant anti-Muslim bigotry for one moment? Hope you stub your toe or have a nightmare tonight cunt.

Yeah that is pretty fuckeup for @Fedorable to bring that up here on this thread

They deserve to be raped and burned alive. Fucking scumbags.

Not really

1st off religion along with language is part of ones identity

2nd there are 100 of different groups in that part of the world n they don’t speak the same language

The language element is irrelevant. For example, my wife's parents speak 2 separate languages that the other can't speak or understand (their mother tongues) plus they share 2 languages (Bengali and Hindi). They are still the same ethnicity. In that part of the world, the language situation isn't what dictates ethnicity.

Back