America's gun problem, explained

Take this to the War Room. There are no shortage of 2A threads over there.

Take this to the War Room. There are no shortage of 2A threads over there.

Yeah, almost did, but thought I might get more balanced opinions here.

Anyone know how I can move it?

You'll need a mod to migrate or delete this thread.

This thread

1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif

I'm not anti-gun, but the notion that many like to use that if more people had guns the world be safer is completely ridiculous.

Seems like a generational problem. America's had guns since before it was America.

Or it could be related to a shrinking middle class and the consolidation of wealth further and further away from the lowest earning members of society.

Desperate people do desperate things. In America, they do them with guns.

They made a lot of points that are fairly obvious to people to who have a vested interest in 2A issues.

What a stupid fucking article. There's more guns in America than ever before and the US has the lowest homicide rates now than ever before. What a dumb fuck author fucking quotes Mother Jones for gun statistics.

I'm pro gun but don't agree with open carry, don't agree with automatics, believe background checks should be thorough. Also parents who allow minors to get ahold of their weapons should be held responsible for anything the minor does with their weapon.

I'm not anti-gun, but the notion that many like to use that if more people had guns the world be safer is completely ridiculous.

So, explain why areas with strict gun laws have higher violent crime rates.

And while you're at it, explain why 92% of mass shootings happen in gun-free zones.

I think the solution lies somewhere in the middle. On one hand, I think gun laws are far too strict in certain states (hello, California). On the other hand, I'm surprised psychological exams are not required to own guns. In my opinion, they will help. Also better education on gun ownership and use. There are still too many idiots leaving their guns unlocked, only to have their kids take them and shoot themselves or someone, and poor trigger and muzzle discipline is still alarmingly common.

I'm pro gun but don't agree with open carry, don't agree with automatics, believe background checks should be thorough. Also parents who allow minors to get ahold of their weapons should be held responsible for anything the minor does with their weapon.

Yeah, I never understood open carry, especially with guns that are NOT pistols... What is this, a warzone? Let's add RPG's and tanks to the mix, while we're at it.

I don't own a gun but this thread has inspired me to purchase one just to piss the TS off.

I' like to ban guns for the most part, if it were possible. But I kind of want one too. In fact, I want to be the only one with a gun.

I don't think anyone denies that there has been a troubling wave of gun violence. That's plain to see.

But the solution isn't to disarm the people. You disarm the people and they have no way to defend themselves. There's a reason why dictators who rise to power make disarming the citizenry one of the first things they do.

Back