Americans...and the metric system...smh!

In Canadia we use metric obv but for height and weight we use imperial

I couldn't tell you my weight in KG

I but my weed by the Oz and my edibles by the gm. <{anton}>

Believe it or not many Americans, myself included, want to use the metric system.

Easy to convert from one measurement to another. I hate using a standard tape measure when I'm measuring for a cut. "Oh, it's 8 and 3/16 of an inch!"

at least we don't add the 'u' in flavor and color and the like

that's a no go

thats why you are going to hell
nah, personally i think it's our aversion to traffic circles/roundabouts

those things are exponentially better than waiting at lights. I loved them while living in Germany

nah, personally i think it's our aversion to traffic circles/roundabouts

those things are exponentially better than waiting at lights. I loved them while living in Germany

Yeah but sadly people a lot of people just dont know how they work.
But I like them a lot and its a better traffic flow.

Units of 10 based on the properties of water, or random measurements (mostly) based on a dead ruler in a country you Yanks rebelled against? You decide what's more logical.

Metric is great for calculation, but Imperial is more intuitive when doing hands-on work.

This was a shock culture for me. Moved to the US at around 10-11 years old so I was just starting out middle school. Had gone to school in France and Australia. Went to the math class and I was like "wtf is all this English unit nonsense!!!???" It was overly complicated from the metric system and I was completely confused as to why anyone would want to teach math with it when there's a much easier and simpler way of doing it AND THE WHOLE WORD IS USING IT!. Then I started watching American football and once I understood the game the lightbulb lit up and I was like "AAAAHHH!!! That's why we can't get rid of the English system!.. BRILLIANT!"..

I still firmly believe that children in the US are notoriously bad at math because of this English system though. It overcomplicates things for children...

To make matters worse, they've changed some of the measurements. A US gallon or US ton aren't the same as British ones.

Back