Americans...and the metric system...smh!

EvilDDS

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I was just talking with a buddy, american. Has a migraine, so she's taking advil, and tells me 400mg.

Which is normal, but wtf I thought you guys hated the metric system

Anyway, I'm several PINTS in this afternoon, Where do youse guys draw the line?

I'm a machinist and all my tools measure in inches so the only time I find the metric system annoying is when I have to translate a blueprint from metric to inches. Takes like 10 minutes depending on all the details but still annoying. Wish we could all be on the same page actually.

The Metric system is for rebel scum. How do think they built the Death Star? Obviously it was measured and planned out with the imperial system
0U1w1WCVaoZAyd2wN2vWdOPaP6gvBLRi_MFZLHHisF5BQI_fhy2wZet05WiSRPR7XLARok6z5xR8pRJXVdrpS32uG8BQ

Science uses the metric system, so that's why medicine is expressed in it too.
It may be metric, but they often don't use SI units in the US for medicine. E.g. for blood glucose they use mg/dL instead of mmol/L. The US just seems to not like doing what the rest of the world does.

Yeah honestly we should just give it up. I'm tired of buying two sets of wrenches for everything.
You actually don’t need two full sets.
You can buy one set and some others that don’t translate.
5/16=8mm
7/16=11mm
1/2=13mm
9/16=15mm
3/4=18mm

I quite like the metric system. I wish everyone would use the same though, it's fucking annoying doing maths when trying to have a basic conversation (as I'm a bit maths phobic)

Back