American Cars Have Won Me Over.

3rd_Chevrolet_Cavalier.jpg

<mma4>
I learned how to drive in one of those as a teenager lmao

American cars have posed the quality gap significantly. I am in the business...Honda’s and Toyota’s are basically the same in terms of being in service these days....fuck consumer reports they don’t know shit. I have the raw data which shows which cars over 36k break the most, and cost the most to recondition mechanically to make them front line ready for used inventory.....

Here are cars to never buy to keep, just lease:
1. VW, total shitboxes after 36k.
2. Audi, mechanical issues expensive to fix, and lemon law used on electrical unfixable issues often.
3. Nissan Altima, good for 2 years, after that tons of mechanical issues
4. Kia, getting better every year, but anything pre 2016 is junk
5. Chevy Malibu, pre 2015 is junk

Uhh Dodge Challenger is two below Tesla...
Made in Canada.

Yea I never really thought of the Tesla as an American car but I guess it actually is lol.
Not just American, but THE MOST American.
top-assembly-man.png

*it's not 100% anymore because they have a factory in China and another planned in Europe. But those will only build cars for those markets. American Teslas will be 100% American.

Last edited:
I get some looks when I say I still drive our Lincoln towncar but those who have never owned one don’t understand.

It’s comfort and smoothness over power and pretense.

You can tell a lot about a person by the car they drive.
apparently you’re really old.

How about the greatest of all American cars to date?

tesla-roadster_100633684_h.jpg

How about the greatest of all American cars to date?

tesla-roadster_100633684_h.jpg

The problem with Tesla is the autonomy/range.
It's a cool car and whatnot, but only really usable if you are only going to drive it around a city or suburban area, not over long distances because of the recharge problem.
And such a car can't really shine from red light to red light or traffic jams. Same applies for any super car.
When I was changing cars recently, I had to not take into account any electrical cars because the average ranges. It just doesn't cut it for long distance driving (which I often do) where the car could be enjoyable.
Let's see in 10+ years when charging stations are more readily available even in remote areas.

And what’s the fastest production 1/4 mile car?
A Canadian car that did it on a prepped dragstrip with a 100 octane tune and a gutted interior. 99% of owners could not replicate that either.

And I'd take the Demon over the Tesla anyday, but facts are facts. That car is a one trick pony that requires perfect conditions to live up to its promise. The Tesla can lay down consistent times in every condition with any driver.

It's a cool car and whatnot, but only really usable if you are only going to drive it around a city or suburban area, not over long distances because of the recharge problem.
And such a car can't really shine from red light to red light or traffic jams. Same applies for any super car.
When I was changing cars recently, I had to not take into account any electrical cars because the average ranges. It just doesn't cut it for long distance driving (which I often do) where the car could be enjoyable.
Let's see in 10+ years when charging stations are more readily available even in remote areas.
The new roadster will have a 620 mile range. The Model S has a 373 mile range. This is more than enough for the vast majority of people's daily needs. People who need more (couriers, truckers) will have to wait for the charging infrastructure to catch up. But more and more are popping up to ease the transition.
tesla-supercharger-wawa.jpg

Last edited:
A Canadian car that did it on a prepped dragstrip with a 100 octane tune and a gutted interior. 99% of owners could not replicate that either.

Wrong. Throw modern tires on a Thunderbolt and it destroys all.
And calling the Demon a Canadian car is retarded. A BMW built in South Carolina isn’t an American car, it’s still a German car.

Wrong. Throw modern tires on a Thunderbolt and it destroys all.
And calling the Demon a Canadian car is retarded.
lol we're talking times on stock production cars here.

And if you insist on calling cars by their parent company rather than its assembly origin then my bad. That Fiat Demon is a triumph for Italian motoring.

And the point being that Tesla is a more American company than the "Big 3" that are fetishized by so called patriotic Americans.

lol we're talking times on stock production cars here.

And if you insist on calling cars by their parent company rather than its assembly origin then my bad. That Fiat Demon is a triumph for Italian motoring.

And the point being that Tesla is a more American company than the "Big 3" that are fetishized by so called patriotic Americans.

The Thunderbolt was a stock production car sweetheart.

Interesting you say that because I literally had a conversation with someone yesterday who owns a Tesla Model 3 and they just took a 5 day trip up the West Coast and said it wasn't a problem at all. With minor planning before they left, the car got about 300 miles before a recharge, and they had no issue finding places to stop for an hour and charge. They just planned stops at places that interested them in the cities. Plus the long term costs are significantly less and you're not participating in the complete destruction of our planet's environment. With the savings you could easily just rent a gas car for a long trip if necessary too. Either way, electric cars are the future of the automobile industry, and I'm happy to do my part in helping fund future models.

Back