American Cars Have Won Me Over.

I don't think Toyota even makes anything in the 1 ton range. Toyota makes nice products, but as far as truck go they don't even offer anything to do real work.
2020 Toyota Tundra Pickup truck MSRP: From $33,425 MPG: Up to 13 city / 18 highway Towing capacity: 8,800 to 10,200 lbs Horsepower: 381 hp Engine: 5.7 L V8
2020 Ford F-150 Pickup truck MSRP: From $28,495 Towing capacity: 5,000 to 8,000 lbs MPG: Up to 22 city / 30 highway
Horsepower: 250 to 450 hp Engine: 2.7 L V6, 3.0 L V6 diesel, 3.3 L V6, 3.5 L V6, 5.0 L V8
2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Pickup truck MSRP: From $28,300 Towing capacity: 6,600 to 9,800 lbs MPG: Up to 23 city / 33 highway
Horsepower: 277 to 420 hp Engine: 2.7 L 4-cylinder, 3.0 L 6-cylinder diesel, 4.3 L V6, 5.3 L V8, 6.2 L V8
Seems pretty comparable to me.

2020 Toyota Tundra Pickup truck MSRP: From $33,425 MPG: Up to 13 city / 18 highway Towing capacity: 8,800 to 10,200 lbs Horsepower: 381 hp Engine: 5.7 L V8
2020 Ford F-150 Pickup truck MSRP: From $28,495 Towing capacity: 5,000 to 8,000 lbs MPG: Up to 22 city / 30 highway
Horsepower: 250 to 450 hp Engine: 2.7 L V6, 3.0 L V6 diesel, 3.3 L V6, 3.5 L V6, 5.0 L V8
2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Pickup truck MSRP: From $28,300 Towing capacity: 6,600 to 9,800 lbs MPG: Up to 23 city / 33 highway
Horsepower: 277 to 420 hp Engine: 2.7 L 4-cylinder, 3.0 L 6-cylinder diesel, 4.3 L V6, 5.3 L V8, 6.2 L V8
Seems pretty comparable to me.

F-150 and Silverado are 1/2 ton pickups and very much comparable to a Tundra which is also a 1/2 ton. An F-350 or 3500 are the 1 ton versions I am mentioning and used for heavy towing and actual work.

My bad. I see far more F150s and 1500s than any other, and the F350s I see around seem monstrous and over-sized for the uses for which I see them employed.

Interesting you say that because I literally had a conversation with someone yesterday who owns a Tesla Model 3 and they just took a 5 day trip up the West Coast and said it wasn't a problem at all. With minor planning before they left, the car got about 300 miles before a recharge, and they had no issue finding places to stop for an hour and charge. They just planned stops at places that interested them in the cities. Plus the long term costs are significantly less and you're not participating in the complete destruction of our planet's environment. With the savings you could easily just rent a gas car for a long trip if necessary too. Either way, electric cars are the future of the automobile industry, and I'm happy to do my part in helping fund future models.

I don't live in the USA.
Where i live, even in the cities you will struggle to find where to recharge.
And when i'm driving somewhere, i usually don't have much time to stop to recharge.
Batteries and charging stations will get better in the future, to make them more efficient and widespread, i'm sure.

On the "eco" aspect: If you drive a Tesla (which has an enviroment killing battery), you're not helping the planet too much. Cars, their fuel non-withstanding, pollute during their production and use (gases, heat, noise, friction, etc).
And then again, how many people who drive Teslas also don't eat meat, don't use mobiles or electronics with polluting batteries, don't use plastic bags or disposable containers/products? It's a syllogism. The whole industry and modern-day slavery around the minerals and components to produce batteries should dissuade any "moral" person from ever using a car which runs on batteries.

The whole concept of pinning responsability of the endemic problematics of capitalism (and its solutions) on the individual is a fallacy. These kind of issues are endemic to the capitalist productive system. Being so, they can only be solved and attended by forces that alter and modify such system, and individuals don't matter.
A lot of people don't like accepting that whatever that they do, it does not matter as a whole, and prefer to be victims and aspire to be "heroes" who will solve the world's problems through their individual actions. Never happened, never will.
Electric cars will be more widespread when oil/gasoline become an issue. Straws will stop being used once it's decreed by law that they are forbidden or the companies that make them go broke because the companies who produce cosmetics go broke (most straw users are women who don't want to ruin their lipstick). Individuals didn't play a part. It's a system.

Wrong. Throw modern tires on a Thunderbolt and it destroys all.
And calling the Demon a Canadian car is retarded. A BMW built in South Carolina isn’t an American car, it’s still a German car.
Better yet just refer to multinational corporations as multinational corporations. Maybe historically (insert country here) corporations. They’ll move production to any third world shithole if they can rub a few extra nickels together.

I hate American cars. All speed and nothing else. No control or handle. Extremely uncomfortable. Can feel every single turn.

Dodge Demon
challengerdemon-1557775422.jpg
A company with the reliability issues that have plagued Dodge / Chrysler / Fiat etc should know better than to name something Demon.... I mean that's just one letter away from Lemon.

GM and Chrysler have been producing some monumental shit-turds over the past 20 years or so. Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep especially since Fiat took over. Dodge Darts where huge lemons. As far as muscle cars go, you do get a good amount of performance for your money as compared to exotic sports cars. That's probably the biggest positive of the American automotive industry. That and the fact that a lot more trucks are coming with a diesel option.

I'm still not sure what Ford is up to. Fit and finish seem nice but I worry about longterm reliability. Putting a 4 cylendar engine in the new Ranger? Oh boy. That's a lot of strain to move that truck with such a piss tiny engine. Sure it's turbo'd but again, that forced induction really puts some strain on that engine. I think you'd be lucky to get 100k miles out of that thing without any major repairs. However, I'm pretty excited to see if the new Bronco turns out to be good or not.

Tesla looks amazing on paper. What happens when your shit breaks or needs a repair? You're pretty stuck. They very lengthy repair times and abysmal customer service......and even if you wanted to fix it yourself, you can't because the most important spare parts aren't made available to the public. Also I keep seeing pictures of 2 year old Model 3's with terrible rust issues and panel gaps everywhere. Rich Rebuilds on YouTube has a great channel dedicated to electric vehicles and his experience with Tesla really makes it hard for me to trust them.

Are there cars worse than American brands? Yes, for sure. There are also a lot of brands that spank them. I'd lump most American cars somewhere in the middle. Decent, but not great. Would I ever buy another one? Maybe, but until they can prove that they're more reliable than my Toyota I have no reason to do so.

I like all good cars, regardless of origin. And yes, many of my favorite cars are American. Right now, the GT350 is my favorite car under 60k. And I'm eagerly awaiting the new Bronco.
The rumors right now are the next gen F150s... the Raptor will have the GT500 V8 in it.

I will sell my kidney if need be if that's true.

Course, if I could ever afford one of the Hennessey I'd totally take that too

Euro cars are much superior.

they don’t really dabble in muscle cars which is all you really posted.

show us the American equivalent of a bmw m3, merc c55 amg, any Ferrari or Porsche. And those are just sports cars, what American cars are even remotely near a rolls or Bentley or top of the line 7 series or s class merc??

The Tesla CyberTruck makes its debut tonight at 8:00pm!

Same.

Previous cars:
S2000
370Z
2 WRXs
TLX

Current cars:
Silverado crew cab
Challenger RT

I don't live in the USA.
Where i live, even in the cities you will struggle to find where to recharge.
And when i'm driving somewhere, i usually don't have much time to stop to recharge.
Batteries and charging stations will get better in the future, to make them more efficient and widespread, i'm sure.

On the "eco" aspect: If you drive a Tesla (which has an enviroment killing battery), you're not helping the planet too much. Cars, their fuel non-withstanding, pollute during their production and use (gases, heat, noise, friction, etc).
And then again, how many people who drive Teslas also don't eat meat, don't use mobiles or electronics with polluting batteries, don't use plastic bags or disposable containers/products? It's a syllogism. The whole industry and modern-day slavery around the minerals and components to produce batteries should dissuade any "moral" person from ever using a car which runs on batteries.

The whole concept of pinning responsability of the endemic problematics of capitalism (and its solutions) on the individual is a fallacy. These kind of issues are endemic to the capitalist productive system. Being so, they can only be solved and attended by forces that alter and modify such system, and individuals don't matter.
A lot of people don't like accepting that whatever that they do, it does not matter as a whole, and prefer to be victims and aspire to be "heroes" who will solve the world's problems through their individual actions. Never happened, never will.
Electric cars will be more widespread when oil/gasoline become an issue. Straws will stop being used once it's decreed by law that they are forbidden or the companies that make them go broke because the companies who produce cosmetics go broke (most straw users are women who don't want to ruin their lipstick). Individuals didn't play a part. It's a system.
Most of this silly rant is not even worth addressing as it's been debunked countless times so I'll leave you with this simple map.
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fenergyinnovation%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F03%2FUS-EV-mpg.jpg

This is the mpg equivalent of an EV based on the power source of the grid they charge from.

And yes, the production of a new car is obscenely wasteful regardless of whether it's an EV or combustion engine. Honestly, we're all better off using mass transit (powered by electric motors of course). Teslas wont save the world but it's a good first step towards it.

1*Dn_bbUsEl9cYPzFzUUsEwg.png

I hate American cars. All speed and nothing else. No control or handle. Extremely uncomfortable. Can feel every single turn.
Stupendously wrong. This stereotype hasnt been true for at least a decade. The Mustang and Camaro both outperform European rivals on the track.

lightning-lap-historical-times-1570796891.png

See that Camaro at #13? That's a 70k car and it beat the 260k McLaren 650S.

show us the American equivalent of a bmw m3, merc c55 amg, any Ferrari or Porsche. And those are just sports cars, what American cars are even remotely near a rolls or Bentley or top of the line 7 series or s class merc??
The AMG sedans ARE muscle cars. They're considered as such by buyers and follow the same formula- a big comfortable car stuffed with a loud V8.

And Dodge uses the old Mercedes E series platform for the Charger and Challenger. They're basically cousins.

And no, there is no American equivalent of a Bentley or S Class Benz but the M3 was destroyed by the Camaro and ATS-V.

And when the C8 comes out, it's game over. I won't even mention the Ford GT because it's 500k.

Ferrari killer:
ford-gt_100676778.jpg

You're right about luxury cars, the US doesn't really make any worth mentioning.

2002_Pontiac_Firebird_Trans_Am_WS6.JPG

These car threads did get me thinking about when I do buy another vehicle in 3 years (or so) to go back to the old school roots of a Camaro Z28/SS or Trans Am model. I always liked how both looked-appearance wise.

Last edited:
The AMG sedans ARE muscle cars. They're considered as such by buyers and follow the same formula- a big comfortable car stuffed with a loud V8.

And Dodge uses the old Mercedes E series platform for the Charger and Challenger. They're basically cousins.

And no, there is no American equivalent of a Bentley or S Class Benz but the M3 was destroyed by the Camaro and ATS-V.

And when the C8 comes out, it's game over. I won't even mention the Ford GT because it's 500k.
hah, thats so funny i never considered the amgs to be muscle cars, but a quick search of the c63amg does consider it a muscle car! thats gnarly then, is the bentley continental GT a muscle car too?? a $500k (AUD) muscle car?!!? you got me with that.

i just think the car qualities (performance and status/image/luxury(ness)) dont actually compete with what you get compared to the euro cars, i think. is my main real point.

hah, thats so funny i never considered the amgs to be muscle cars, but a quick search of the c63amg does consider it a muscle car! thats gnarly then, is the bentley continental GT a muscle car too?? a $500k (AUD) muscle car?!!? you got me with that.

i just think the car qualities (performance and status/image/luxury(ness)) dont actually compete with what you get compared to the euro cars, i think. is my main real point.
The Continental GT is almost a muscle car, but it's too damn luxurious to qualify. The AMG's are rowdy and obnoxious enough.

and they crash while showing off just like Mustangs.

The Continental GT is almost a muscle car, but it's too damn luxurious to qualify. The AMG's are rowdy and obnoxious enough.

and they crash while showing off just like Mustangs.

fucking lmao at the second video!!!

also i always chuckle when i see news articles on people showing off in these cars and writing them off. fucking jackasses!

Back