America is taking the belts

I'm proud to be American, but I don't really like the USA chants. It's not respectful to the fighters, both of whom no doubt have worked hard and are equally worthy of victory if they can pull it off.

But c'mon, you can't compare "USA! USA!" to that crazy shit they do down there in Brazil. There are a LOTTTTT of American fans who cheer the shit out of foreign fighters. Ever seen how people lose their shit when Sandstorm kicks off and Wand comes out?

In Brazil, if you are not Brazilian you either get jeered or it's just dead silence. If you're lucky, you may get a smattering of light clapping after you've blown the brains out of one of their guys.

Nothing wrong with being enthusiastic for your own people. Just show respect while you do it. And be open to other peoples and other cultures.

I'm definitely not defending the Brazilians either, but personally, I'm just sick of any kind of nationalism whatsoever. You may find some comfort in the, "we may be bad, but they're worst" argument, but at the end of the day its all horrible for humanity.

The whole "I'm proud to be an American.....or whatever" idea is a completely backwards way of thinking. Any type of distinction we give ourselves, whether its race, religion, nationality, gender, etc, are nothing more than false distinctions that divide us. That division is what enables a very small group of people to conquer the rest of us and own the world. Its the oldest trick in the book and nothing has worked better than this 'divide and conquer' approach to domination. Basically, get people to focus on their differences (which are really miniscule), rather than what makes us all the same.

We're all brain washed by the idea of country, or nation, or state, and as a result we are constantly thinking in terms of whats best for "us," rather than whats best for everybody. As if one country lives inside of a bubble whose actions have no consequences on any other nation. Its Absurd!

The idea of country has to die, otherwise humanity will.

I know a little melodramatic for an mma site, but DAMN, nationalism makes me want to puke.

I'm definitely not defending the Brazilians either, but personally, I'm just sick of any kind of nationalism whatsoever. You may find some comfort in the, "we may be bad, but they're worst" argument, but at the end of the day its all horrible for humanity.

The whole "I'm proud to be an American.....or whatever" idea is a completely backwards way of thinking. Any type of distinction we give ourselves, whether its race, religion, nationality, gender, etc, are nothing more than false distinctions that divide us. That division is what enables a very small group of people to conquer the rest of us and own the world. Its the oldest trick in the book and nothing has worked better than this 'divide and conquer' approach to domination. Basically, get people to focus on their differences (which are really miniscule), rather than what makes us all the same.

We're all brain washed by the idea of country, or nation, or state, and as a result we are constantly thinking in terms of whats best for "us," rather than whats best for everybody. As if one country lives inside of a bubble whose actions have no consequences on any other nation. Its Absurd!

The idea of country has to die, otherwise humanity will.

I know a little melodramatic for an mma site, but DAMN, nationalism makes me want to puke.

i only do it to piss off the brazilians lol

As far as I'm concerned, if Cain doesn't consider himself American first, then he can go to wherever he identifies with. In this, in seems to be Mexico. Okay. Go to Mexico. I'm sure they'd love to have him.

Bye.

So show me this interview or statement where Cain claimed to not consider himself American first and that he would rather live in Mexico dipshit, your making assumptions and this American that shows pride in his heritage seems to get under your skin for some reason, care to elaborate?

Truly, I don't care what country holds the belts. Honestly though I don't see Aldo losing, and I will pick Machida over Weidman.

So show me this interview or statement where Cain claimed to not consider himself American first and that he would rather live in Mexico dipshit, your making assumptions and this American that shows pride in his heritage seems to get under your skin for some reason, care to elaborate?

His mouthpiece is a mexican flag, and his commercial shows the mexican flag while saying Cain considers himself a patriot.

they stole jiu jitsu from the japanese and put a "Brazilian" in front of. Let's pretend like every american who practices jiu jitsu invented, and let's called it AJJ - American Jiu jitsu

you have to admit tho, American Jiu Jitsu is also known as LnP, or blanketing, or dry humping.

...and this is coming from a fellow American.

Bagautinov is going to keep moving up in weight and accumulating all the belts, hoarding them in Dagestan, where no one can get to them.

Zing. Perhaps the best post you have ever made. Just shows you have a somewhat working brain, why don't you use it more often?

best post I ever made? you must be on crack.

Last edited:
That's fucking retarded.

Cain was born in America. Lives in America. And his first fucking language is English.

My parents came from Germany, you don't see me walking around claiming to be German.

You also don't walk around with a German flag. While I would not claim Cain is not American, he plays up being Mexican an awful lot.

His mouthpiece is a mexican flag, and his commercial shows the mexican flag while saying Cain considers himself a patriot.

LMAO wow, you mean the Metro commercial! It's called marketing genius, that I'm sure was the idea of some suit and tie guys that aren't Mexican. What is it with the double standard that Italian Americans, Irish Americans, etc. can happily display their heritage but all of the sudden when a Mexican American does it, it's a problem? Go ahead I'll wait, you gonna man up and answer honestly? I dare anybody to have the balls to answer honestly or are you afraid to get banned if you show your true colors that are already showing? Pfft

LMAO wow, you mean the Metro commercial! It's called marketing genius, that I'm sure was the idea of some suit and tie guys that aren't Mexican. What is it with the double standard that Italian Americans, Irish Americans, etc. can happily display their heritage but all of the sudden when a Mexican American does it, it's a problem? Go ahead I'll wait, you gonna man up and answer honestly? I dare anybody to have the balls to answer honestly or are you afraid to get banned if you show your true colors that are already showing? Pfft

I already said I would not call him Mexican. The display of heritage was not the problem, it was the inference he is patriotic to Mexico by calling him a patriot while showing him displaying his Mexican heritage.

There is no double standard, I would say the same thing to a person showing an Italian or Irish flag and calling themselves a patriot. Why you think I would not answer is beyond me. You have no point whatsoever.

Yes.
That's the only thing.

It's not "speaking English" or being white, or being christian, etc.
That was the point, fool.

+1 CaB

I will go one further and say for me it's being born LEGALLY in the US. Speaking English does not make you American, but a refusal to learn the language is a big no-no. I would never move to France and call myself French and claim there is no need to learn French. It's kind of a slap in the face (except for some circumstances).

USA #1, Suck it rest of the world

I don't see Money Mendes beating Aldo, so we will have all but one belt.

Weidman will maul Machida, Bagautinov has no chance against Mighty Mouse.

I will still drop a few vbucks on Money Mendes though. I wouldn't be surprised if he did beat Aldo. It has been the year of the Underdogs. That would be perfect, if he pulled off the upset.

I already said I would not call him Mexican. The display of heritage was not the problem, it was the inference he is patriotic to Mexico by calling him a patriot while showing him displaying his Mexican heritage.

There is no double standard, I would say the same thing to a person showing an Italian or Irish flag and calling themselves a patriot. Why you think I would not answer is beyond me. You have no point whatsoever.

Pfft, no point whatsoever huh. You with your fake ass politically correct answer. You'd say the same to an american with Irish or Italian flag huh. I call bullshit on your whole reply

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back