America is taking the belts

I don't get the stupidity of nationalist champions. America is a country full of immigrants. I always supported fighters even if they are Brazilians or Japanese, because I'm not some knuckle dragger. If the fighter is good then it's fine by me.

What happens when Machida lives in the U.S. for a while, naturalizes, then wins the championship? American or Brazilian? Or can we please stop giving a shit like it even matters?

Haha GTFOH, he is first generation so is it a crime for him to pay homage or identify with his fathers culture.

Mexico is a nation, not an ethnicity. As far as I know, he's not a citizen of Mexico. Hence, he is not Mexican.

Anyone calling him Mexican is, frankly, retarded. Now if you called him Hispanic, on the other hand...

Don Frye put it best in this video:

[YT]watch?v=WvybiFEMo8E[/YT]

Mexico is a nation, not an ethnicity. As far as I know, he's not a citizen of Mexico. Hence, he is not Mexican.

Anyone calling him Mexican is, frankly, retarded. Now if you called him Hispanic, on the other hand...

Your German

I don't get the stupidity of nationalist champions. America is a country full of immigrants. I always supported fighters even if they are Brazilians or Japanese, because I'm not some knuckle dragger. If the fighter is good then it's fine by me.

What happens when Machida lives in the U.S. for a while, naturalizes, then wins the championship? American or Brazilian? Or can we please stop giving a shit like it even matters?

I don't think anyone is really taking any of this too seriously, but the simple fact of the matter is that (many) Brazilian fans brought it on themselves. If they weren't such bloodthirsty jingoists (literally chanting "you're gonna die" and refusing to cheer for foreign fighters) then you likely wouldn't see these threads, at least not in the number that they've been popping up.

Two of my favorite fighters are JDS and Machida, but shit, after the way Brazilians have been acting ever since the UFC started regularly holding events there I am USA all the way!

I don't think anyone is really taking any of this too seriously, but the simple fact of the matter is that (many) Brazilian fans brought it on themselves. If they weren't such bloodthirsty jingoists (literally chanting "you're gonna die" and refusing to cheer for foreign fighters) then you likely wouldn't see these threads, at least not in the number that they've been popping up.

Two of my favorite fighters are JDS and Machida, but shit, after the way Brazilians have been acting ever since the UFC started regularly holding events there I am USA all the way!

No different than people chanting USA...USA. At the end of the day both are retarded.

Nationalism is a disease and will eventually be the death of us all.

Holy shit, glad to see Frye speak the truth EXACTLY as I've felt it to be many, many times in the past. Cain is a disrespectful motherfucker.

I'm American and i think this thread is retarded.

No different than people chanting USA...USA. At the end of the day both are retarded.

I'm proud to be American, but I don't really like the USA chants. It's not respectful to the fighters, both of whom no doubt have worked hard and are equally worthy of victory if they can pull it off.

But c'mon, you can't compare "USA! USA!" to that crazy shit they do down there in Brazil. There are a LOTTTTT of American fans who cheer the shit out of foreign fighters. Ever seen how people lose their shit when Sandstorm kicks off and Wand comes out?

In Brazil, if you are not Brazilian you either get jeered or it's just dead silence. If you're lucky, you may get a smattering of light clapping after you've blown the brains out of one of their guys.

Nationalism is a disease and will eventually be the death of us all.

Nothing wrong with being enthusiastic for your own people. Just show respect while you do it. And be open to other peoples and other cultures.

The best country in the world deserves all the belts. Brasil has the World Cup anyways.

Lyoto Machida is brazilian and the chris is american...so shouldn't it be Brazil is coming for another belt?

Plus they can only keep Lombard out of a title fight for so long.

born in murica
can claim whatever you want shit claim you're a martian but its where you born or where you citizen at legally

As far as I'm concerned, if Cain doesn't consider himself American first, then he can go to wherever he identifies with. In this, in seems to be Mexico. Okay. Go to Mexico. I'm sure they'd love to have him.

Bye.

1 more Brazilian champ down and 1 more to go. I posted here months ago that the era of Brazilian MMA was over. Americans are taking back all the belts, and it is happening. TJ crushed Barao, an allegedly unstoppable Brazilian champ. Aldo is next. Chad Mendez is going to beat that ass, and a Brazilian will never win another belt in the UFC. Mark my words.

In honor of memorial day...

__murica__by_mkgraphics-d5ifhdj.jpg

America sucks dick, and I live here. Sorry but mendes ain't got shit on Aldo. He's gonna get ktfo'd again. And weedman is going to get slept by the dragon. Enjoy it while you can because America licks ass at mma. This USA run of champions is soon to end when Russia takes over. Or Brazil will be back, because we all know brazil owns America in mma. The troops can all lick my taint, today is a worthless holiday.

Back