America is taking the belts

It's nice to know that discrimination is not against the rules in Sherdog Land.

Only certain kinds though. If somebody made the opposite of this thread back in 2011 he would have gotten banned faster than Anderson can say no hespect.

Somehow this thread will evolve into a discussion about genocide and the holocaust. Just watch.

I'm definitely not defending the Brazilians either, but personally, I'm just sick of any kind of nationalism whatsoever. You may find some comfort in the, "we may be bad, but they're worst" argument, but at the end of the day its all horrible for humanity.

The whole "I'm proud to be an American.....or whatever" idea is a completely backwards way of thinking. Any type of distinction we give ourselves, whether its race, religion, nationality, gender, etc, are nothing more than false distinctions that divide us. That division is what enables a very small group of people to conquer the rest of us and own the world. Its the oldest trick in the book and nothing has worked better than this 'divide and conquer' approach to domination. Basically, get people to focus on their differences (which are really miniscule), rather than what makes us all the same.

We're all brain washed by the idea of country, or nation, or state, and as a result we are constantly thinking in terms of whats best for "us," rather than whats best for everybody. As if one country lives inside of a bubble whose actions have no consequences on any other nation. Its Absurd!

The idea of country has to die, otherwise humanity will.

I know a little melodramatic for an mma site, but DAMN, nationalism makes me want to puke.

You and me both. I truly hate flag waving of any kind.

they stole jiu jitsu from the japanese and put a "Brazilian" in front of. Let's pretend like every american who practices jiu jitsu invented, and let's called it AJJ - American Jiu jitsu

Damn, the brazilian hate here really is at an all time high...

japanese jj and bjj are not the same thing. And some americans did give it their on name, like guerrila jiu jitsu.

Damn, the brazilian hate here really is at an all time high...

japanese jj and bjj are not the same thing. And some americans did give it their on name, like guerrila jiu jitsu.
Doesn't Shields call his version "American Jui Jitsu" or something like that?

When I put "land of the free" in quotations, it was slight sarcasm.

I'm actually not all that proud to be a part of America. Especially when it's populated with a lot of closed-minded people like the guy I was replying to. It's actually quite embarrassing actually. I too agree our education is shit. America allows the mass majority if the population to become lazy and have shitty worth ethic when it comes to school, yet they get mad when people from other countries who are more educated come over here and "steal" our jobs. I never stated America is the only country that is free by the way. I was more just trying to point out to that guy that he is sounding like an ignorant douche for his closed minded way of thinking.

so much truth in this. our government is horrible, social media is ruining ethics and the new generations, and the citizens are closed minded idiots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back