Amazing: A Man Accepted into a Pride of Adult Lions and a Clan of Spotted Hyenas

Any one remember the song they played at the end of the documentary with timothy treadwell..

I will have it memorized forever.lol

wow really? have u SEEN the movie? he's obviously gay.

He is very feminine but... He died with his GIRLfriend lol. So... Maybe he was bi? I just popped in on the last page and saw this I don't know what the conversation leading up to this was lol.

He is very feminine but... He died with his GIRLfriend lol. So... Maybe he was bi? I just popped in on the last page and saw this I don't know what the conversation leading up to this was lol.

Clay Aiken has a child, and he's about 8/9th's as gay as Bear Man

How does my post remotely come off as jealous, I don't agree with what he's doing plain an simple. I know a lot of people that do similar things in captive situations and it comes I had an opportunity to start learning how to work some cats fee contact and I turned it down because I don't want to impose more human interactions than needed. They are apex predators I don't want to see them doing tricks or cuddling up to a human. This is where I say it's more about the humans than the animals, the people want the interaction and we train it into the cats.

What contributions to science have I made while working in a zoo, breeding multiple endangered species (that have been released, snakes and beetles), helping treat endangered species from the wild with a disease and releasing them after being healed, taking part in multiple scientific studies both in situ and ex situ, publishing my finding in a journal, helping to breed a snail that was extinct in the wild and some of them should be released sometime in the future, head starting endangered species so when they are released they are larger than the size most predators can eat them at. I'm sure I've forgotten something but I hope that answers your question

You seem to have a poor view of zoos and while not all zoos are good not all are bad either. Taking animals from the wild is extremely rare these days for most modern zoos and zoos literally spend millions of dollars on everything from making exhibits more natural looking to the enrichment that is used to keep animals happy and healthy.

To it seemed full of bitterness as of a jelly person that's sees something cool but cant do it him self. You shit all over the men with out even really proving why what's he's doing is bad. Yes I get you posted an opinion but any scientific facts to back it up. I'm sure even by the most anal standards the men has done some good. If all he's done is show Lions are not just mindless killers to be whiped out by us.

It does and cool uv done all that.

What about the Lion dude, has he really done absolutely nothing.

? since you state most zoo animals are captive bread, its likely they are inbred. Is releasing inbred genetically deficient animals back to the wild a good idea ? or are u messing with their genetics... does one even have that ability.

Zoos are what they are, I'm just being honest about it. The men has 2000 acres for his Lions. How many zoos can say that.

Lol crap like this has always bothered me, these animals don't need a human hanging around them. They should not be befriending people, this isn't Ferngully. It's impressive what he's done but there's a very good chance one will eat him someday. Maybe he will be hanging with his pride and an unrelated male will swing by and cause an uproar, maybe he will be chilling with his hyenas and some lions will run a train on them.

Except for cases where valuable scientific information is gathered this only serves as a way to stroke the ego of the person. It does very little in most cases for the animals.

Yeah, he should just scoop them up and throw them in a tiny little prison so children can throw ice cream cones at them. way more humane.

I'd be sad if I found out this badass died, but I think he knows the risks. It's the people killed at zoos I don't give a fuck about.

Yeah, also this.

And also at 13:10 of Part 3 - this video:

One of the female lions had cubs and she killed one of the weaker ones, so he made a decision to take her cubs out completely and bring them up himself. At 13:10 of the video she isn't happy and the trust between the two is broken. Just such amazing stuff really.

That's two different shots. Assuming it wasn't outright set up and they had him standing outside a door with nothing in it, he would have had to move out of the way to let the second camera see in the door in his place, which would mean when the lioness growled in the second shot she would have been growling at the camera man not him, since he would have had to move out of the doorway to let the cameraman in. The more cuts in a shot then the longer it takes for them to set something up, so if the film cuts in a moment of "dramatic tension" say, we already know everything had to be put on hold to allow them time to move around cameras. The more cuts in a shot the more room for tampering there is. The closest thing to reliable footage is footage that doesn't change camera angles every five seconds.

the tiger who bit siegfried or roy's face (forgot which one got bit) was bred from a cub and still went 'tiger' as chris rock put it lol. This is gonna end bad.

the tiger who bit siegfried or roy's face (forgot which one got bit) was bred from a cub and still went 'tiger' as chris rock put it lol. This is gonna end bad.

According to the official story, Roy fell during the act and the tiger's actions were more consistent with a mother trying to drag a cub to safety than any of a tiger's aggressive behaviors.

Except for cases where valuable scientific information is gathered this only serves as a way to stroke the ego of the person. It does very little in most cases for the animals.

I think it's far more often a cheap cash grab, in hopes of getting a TV show or making a name for yourself to open up other opportunities. That was pretty obviously what Treadwell was after, at least initially.

Not sure about this guy. He's obviously doing lots of films and shows, and released a book. Or maybe he genuinely wants to cast these animals in a better light, something that has genuine value, and all that stuff just funds his sanctuary. I've always been of the opinion that the most important function of zoos and aquariums is that they're the first place most people fall in love with wild animals, which generates both the next generation of zoologists and the next generation of conservation activists. The problem with Richardson's (and, reputedly, Treadwell's) approach is that if they get chomped, they end up having the opposite effect. That, and that's it's dubious the endearing nature of their work really moves the line on long-term conservation goals in any tangible way.

Indeed, his anti-hunting stance could very well be to the detriment of lion conservation. The sad truth, and one I fought accepting for years, is that making animals valuable to local residents has always been more effective than trying to make people fall in love with the animals, and sustainable big game hunting, in most cases, makes these animals a lot more valuable than eco-tourism does.

That guys pretty awesome.

Fuck Hyenas are cool! Everyone wants a white tiger! What about a hyena? Way cooler!

Yeah, he should just scoop them up and throw them in a tiny little prison so children can throw ice cream cones at them. way more humane.

I'd be sad if I found out this badass died, but I think he knows the risks. It's the people killed at zoos I don't give a fuck about.

Not at all and I didn't say such a thing. Who would think that the animals are better off in a zoo exhibit rather than a 200acre fenced in area.

@ah-man- the tiger that bit Roy was a male and doesn't really have parental instincts. So that was a bullshit excuse from them.

Zoo genetics is a touchy business and we have SSPs which go through great lengths to make sure when animals breed that they are the most genetically valuable pairs. Unfortunately lots of reintros are hard due to political red tape, logisitcs and tons of money. But zoos are doing plenty of reintroduction efforts.

Not at all and I didn't say such a thing. Who would think that the animals are better off in a zoo exhibit rather than a 200acre fenced in area.

@ah-man- the tiger that bit Roy was a male and doesn't really have parental instincts. So that was a bullshit excuse from them.

GABE, what do you think happened that caused the attack on Roy?

GABE, what do you think happened that caused the attack on Roy?

I think a few different things happened, cat had a bad day plus got startled and it had a moment of pure instinct grabbed something (roy) and took off. That's just my guess though, nobody for sure knows what happened. But I know their explanation was to appease to the masses.

Back