Amazing: A Man Accepted into a Pride of Adult Lions and a Clan of Spotted Hyenas

That's what I thought at first but then I thought "what the heck?", he's not causing any harm. He might eventually be harmed or killed, so what? He clearly chose to do this knowing the risks.

He's causing harm in the sense that he perpetuating the idea that this is a safe thing to do. People should have a healthy fear/respect of wild predators. He could influence other morons to try the same thing. Setting an example of stupidity always has the potential for harm and should be frowned upon.

I'm sure he knows the risks and probably doesn't mind the prospect of dying to these animals in the least. He probably knows that his life is in danger better than any outside observer. I don't know why people always have to say shit like, "Well he might die." in response to something like this. You don't say?

I guess the idea of loving what you do the extent of placing your life secondary to it, is so incredibly foreign to most, they simply can't understand it.

That's what I was thinking. It could be something as simple as a human preferring the company of wild animals over humans. Nothing wrong with that.

He's causing harm in the sense that he perpetuating the idea that this is a safe thing to do. People should have a healthy fear/respect of wild predators. He could influence other morons to try the same thing. Setting an example of stupidity always has the potential for harm and should be frowned upon.

That's far fetched. That's like saying movies and music are causing harm by glorifying sex, drugs, and violence.

That's far fetched. That's like saying movies and music are causing harm by glorifying sex, drugs, and violence.

They are fictional. This isn't. And glorifying those things is harmful as well anyway.

They are fictional. This isn't. And glorifying those things is harmful as well anyway.

I won't argue that none of these things could be harmful. It's just that I don't think its any of artists/actors/animal lovers darned responsibility. You may be worried about the morons, I'm not. It's their parents fault they turned out to be morons.

Harmful in the sense that a person who is weak minded is going to try and attempt it without any sort of experience or fore thought.

In that regard, we shouldn't allow mma fighters to do what they do because the weak minded will try to replicate what they see outside of the octagon.

If we always worried about the least mentally capable people of our society we'd have a country like north korea. I honestly couldn't care less about what idiots do. Let them try and replicate that which great people are able to accomplish. If they die, so fucking what? It was their decision to make and if their sense of self preservation isn't enough to deter them from attempting something life threatening, so fuckign be it. It's their life and their decision to make.

He will always tell you it is never safe to do this, and does so knowing full well the possible consequences of doing what he does(he has sustained injuries over the years. Most of the vids monies goes back into the sanctuary he operates outside of johanesburg(sp), The lions and other big cats there that he does interact with are not wild.

Harmful in the sense that a person who is weak minded is going to try and attempt it without any sort of experience or fore thought.

In that regard, we shouldn't allow mma fighters to do what they do because the weak minded will try to replicate what they see outside of the octagon.

If we always worried about the least mentally capable people of our society we'd have a country like north korea. I honestly couldn't care less about what idiots do. Let them try and replicate that which great people are able to accomplish. If they die, so fucking what? It was their decision to make and if their sense of self preservation isn't enough to deter them from attempting something life threatening, so fuckign be it. It's their life and their decision to make.

So you would argue that zoologists or other professionals in their field should encourage dangerous behavior, and if people die, so what? They are weak minded. And that said professionals have no educational or moral obligations?

Actually, we'd have a country like every country in the developed world which has a ton of safety regulations on every product and disclaimers on many shows. To protect people from themselves. North Korea is not set up to protect people from their own stupid actions. Our society is. North Korea is set up to protect their own government.

So you would argue that zoologists or other professionals in their field should encourage dangerous behavior, and if people die, so what? They are weak minded.
I never once said that anyone should encourage dangerous behavior. If you can't be factual and respond to the points made, then don't attempt to argue. Placing words in my mouth only hurts your argument.

You have an mma av, so why not respond to my point about mma?

Actually, we'd have a country like every country in the developed world which has a ton of safety regulations on every product and disclaimers on many shows. To protect. North Korea is not set up to protect people from their own stupid actions. Our society is.

North Korea completely regulates everything that happens in the life of the citizen.

"we'd have a country like every country in the developed world" -- So what's the problem? If we already have that which you preach, then where is your argument?

Also, would you stop sports like mma, motocross, snowboarding, etc. since they "encourage dangerous behavior"? The fact that you're an mma fan contradicts your argument, which is pretty much non existent since you out right admitted that the developed world already has rules and regulations to protect its people.

Also, freedom is far more important than the safety of idiots.

Lol crap like this has always bothered me, these animals don't need a human hanging around them. They should not be befriending people, this isn't Ferngully. It's impressive what he's done but there's a very good chance one will eat him someday. Maybe he will be hanging with his pride and an unrelated male will swing by and cause an uproar, maybe he will be chilling with his hyenas and some lions will run a train on them.

Except for cases where valuable scientific information is gathered this only serves as a way to stroke the ego of the person. It does very little in most cases for the animals.

First part you plain come of as jealous.

And Zoos are anything more then ego stroking how ? What contributions to science have you made working there ?

Yes being abducted as pups or born in captivity and stuck in a cage clearly does plenty good for animals.

And Zoos are anything more then ego stroking how ? What contributions to science have you made working there ?

Yes being abducted as pups or born in captivity and stuck in a cage clearly does plenty good for animals.

err..wouldn't say its jealousy, and he's never made any claims as to zoos being anything more than that. See his sig, he's good peoples.

Last edited:
I never once said that anyone should encourage dangerous behavior. If you can't be factual and respond to the points made, then don't attempt to argue. Placing words in my mouth only hurts your argument.

You have an mma av, so why not respond to my point about mma?

North Korea completely regulates everything that happens in the life of the citizen.

"we'd have a country like every country in the developed world" -- So what's the problem? If we already have that which you preach, then where is your argument?

Also, would you stop sports like mma, motocross, snowboarding, etc. since they "encourage dangerous behavior"? The fact that you're an mma fan contradicts your argument, which is pretty much non existent since you out right admitted that the developed world already has rules and regulations to protect its people.

You don't have to say it. It's implicit in your position.

But these people are "weak minded" and strong minded people wouldn't be influenced by this encouragement, so what's the problem? You seem to have no concern about these "weak minded" people to begin with. So why would you be against anything that encourages them to fulfill their natural course?

Sports like MMA and snowboarding can be practiced safely. Hanging out with wild predators is a different story. It's a false analogy.

When I have more time i'll respond to this in detail. But no and no.

LOL, JonesBones, thanks for conceding.

Conceding is the guy with no argument trying to scoot out the back door.

Wait, why should you care about encouraging dangerous behavior to stupid people, since only stupid people would be influenced by it, and you don't care about them?

Lol crap like this has always bothered me, these animals don't need a human hanging around them. They should not be befriending people, this isn't Ferngully. It's impressive what he's done but there's a very good chance one will eat him someday. Maybe he will be hanging with his pride and an unrelated male will swing by and cause an uproar, maybe he will be chilling with his hyenas and some lions will run a train on them.

Except for cases where valuable scientific information is gathered this only serves as a way to stroke the ego of the person. It does very little in most cases for the animals.

It's in a closed environment, so i'm not too sure how that would happen.

Morons don't need influence from anyone to do something stupid and inherently dangerous. And its not like all the average idiots have access to a lion packs to try to do what they saw during a commercial while watching WWF.

Most of these animals are not wild. And him NOT doing what he does wont stop some retard from trying to get to close to a wild beast cause he wants cool picture to take home.

There is no cure for stupidity, no power in the world can protect a idiot from himself. Only hope their is someone with a camera near by and we watch the outcome on youtube :icon_chee

How does my post remotely come off as jealous, I don't agree with what he's doing plain an simple. I know a lot of people that do similar things in captive situations and it comes I had an opportunity to start learning how to work some cats fee contact and I turned it down because I don't want to impose more human interactions than needed. They are apex predators I don't want to see them doing tricks or cuddling up to a human. This is where I say it's more about the humans than the animals, the people want the interaction and we train it into the cats.

What contributions to science have I made while working in a zoo, breeding multiple endangered species (that have been released, snakes and beetles), helping treat endangered species from the wild with a disease and releasing them after being healed, taking part in multiple scientific studies both in situ and ex situ, publishing my finding in a journal, helping to breed a snail that was extinct in the wild and some of them should be released sometime in the future, head starting endangered species so when they are released they are larger than the size most predators can eat them at. I'm sure I've forgotten something but I hope that answers your question

You seem to have a poor view of zoos and while not all zoos are good not all are bad either. Taking animals from the wild is extremely rare these days for most modern zoos and zoos literally spend millions of dollars on everything from making exhibits more natural looking to the enrichment that is used to keep animals happy and healthy.

Back