News Amanda Ribas vs Tracy Cortez Flyweight December 3

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both gals are cute! But I go with Ribas bc of her fun personality and attitude that kinda won me over and made me following her fights. At least she comes across as a nice/fun person on screen.

Big fight for both women, who need to make serious runs to move up the rankings. Ribas has fought the better competition and is probably the better striker. But Cortez has passed every test so far with flying colors. When she gets a takedown she’s dangerous.

Man, I dunno about all that.

It's FLW. They were ready to pump Ribas right up to probably top 3 if she'd beaten Chook. If she beats Tracy, I think it'll be another big fight for her to move her up fast.

Tracy, I think the UFC are less keen on. She's not a fighter who generates much excitement.

Ribas is definitely the better striker, but Cortez hits hard enough that she might surprise Ribas. Ribas doesn't have the greatest chin.

I wouldn't say Cortez has passed every test with flying colors. She showed some cardio issues and barely squeaked by Kish as a result. Gatto had her in a bad way for a bit in round 2 as well. She's not dangerous when she gets a takedown either. It's mainly LNP with Cortez. I mean she has 10 wins and 8 of them are decisions.

I think Ribas gets it done. She's not as good a wrestler as Cortez, but there's just something about her. I can't see her getting held down for too long, if at all, and I think she's just going to eventually outwork Cortez.

What a wood polisher

Only card this year I'll be unavailable for and it's epic from top to bottom XD
Gotta watch it later. Like cold pizza

Man, I dunno about all that.

It's FLW. They were ready to pump Ribas right up to probably top 3 if she'd beaten Chook. If she beats Tracy, I think it'll be another big fight for her to move her up fast.

Tracy, I think the UFC are less keen on. She's not a fighter who generates much excitement.

Ribas is definitely the better striker, but Cortez hits hard enough that she might surprise Ribas. Ribas doesn't have the greatest chin.

I wouldn't say Cortez has passed every test with flying colors. She showed some cardio issues and barely squeaked by Kish as a result. Gatto had her in a bad way for a bit in round 2 as well. She's not dangerous when she gets a takedown either. It's mainly LNP with Cortez. I mean she has 10 wins and 8 of them are decisions.

I think Ribas gets it done. She's not as good a wrestler as Cortez, but there's just something about her. I can't see her getting held down for too long, if at all, and I think she's just going to eventually outwork Cortez.

I suspect that ribas--with her great tdd, judo, and bjj -- is simply a bad match up for the wrestling heavy style of Cortez, especially when you consider that ribas is the better striker of the two. I expect Ribas to keep it on the feet enough to win a decision. Also, I thought ribas' chin looked a bit rejuvenated at 125lbs, but that could have just been because she was fighting grape handed chook.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back